Atheists -- aliens or god?

I would say there is more evidence, proof of Aliens then there is of God.
Especially with the multiple videos (good quality) and eye witness accounts of them from credible sources.

I would also cite ancient cave paintings that clearly depict alien life forms.

yes, I'm a fan of Ancient Aliens.

There is no question in my mind there is intelligent life outside our planet. Doesn't necessarily have to be as smart as us. But some sort of animal life form existing out there in vastness of the universe or possible multi-universes.

They say if you count all the grains of sands in this planet it still won't even come close to equaling the amount of stars in this universe. So the odds are this solar system, star and our planet is not unique. It's one of many. It's just hard to find these type of solar systems/star/planet similar to ours, due to the massive distances you have to travel just to communicate and get information.

The speed of light is slow in this gigantic universe.

Do you believe that Earth has been visited by aliens?

thats a difficult subject, and i honestly have no clue. Some videos i see that have no explanation could be well done hoaxes or just classified military testing, however for that 99% that can be explained there is that 1% that still makes me wonder.

Here (link) is an interesting article explaining that the universe might be too young for other intelligent life. We formed quickly and may be the first.

I believe there is certainly a possibility of extraterrestrial contact on this planet in the past by our ancestors that were far more spiritually evolved than we are today.

I don't believe people understand the concept of a god like they think they do. To me, God is our shared collective conscious. I believe we are all plugged into a single conscious. It is a singularity. We, along with all living things, give off various energies that we cannot comprehend, that influence consciousness. Positive and negative energies have a effect on our intent thought, which we call praying.

In terms of technology, we have evolved well past our ancient ancestors comprehension. But we have unevolved tens of thousands of years in terms of being able to harness our minds and the power of consciousness and intent thought.

Depends on what you mean when you say "god" and "aliens"

If you mean the specific god in the bible (or any other major religion's book) that parted the red sea, and has done all of the things listed in that book etc... I'd say that's just as likely as believing the specific blue skinned aliens from the movie Avatar exist.

If you mean some kind of general deity or force that we know nothing about, or the general possibility for alien life that we know nothing about... then I'd say the chances of those existing are more likely.

I guess by aliens I mean an alien presence and intelligence acting on Earth.

By God I mean a supernatural entity creating Earth / the galaxy / existence.

I believe there is certainly a possibility of extraterrestrial contact on this planet in the past by our ancestors that were far more spiritually evolved than we are today.

I don't believe people understand the concept of a god like they think they do. To me, God is our shared collective conscious. I believe we are all plugged into a single conscious. It is a singularity. We, along with all living things, give off various energies that we cannot comprehend, that influence consciousness. Positive and negative energies have a effect on our intent thought, which we call praying.

In terms of technology, we have evolved well past our ancient ancestors comprehension. But we have unevolved tens of thousands of years in terms of being able to harness our minds and the power of consciousness and intent thought.

basically, avatar?

Aliens exist. The galaxy is too big for there to not be any other life out there. I think its pretty unlikely we've been visited though.

I think the chances of the Earth having been visited by alien life to be more likely then everything having been created by some divine being.

Here (link) is an interesting article explaining that the universe might be too young for other intelligent life. We formed quickly and may be the first.

thats pure speculation, and some how based on fermix paradox..

but like the article says, if a civilization is a million years older than us, their technology will basically be magic for us. Probably every single being would be a god for us too. We are looking for radio frequencies in the universe, we are using technology that could be seen as stone age technology for other civilizations.

Imagine what a civilization just 1000 years older than us could achieve.. In 200 or more years, natural death will probably not be an issue anymore (and with that luckily, all religious zelots will finally say, well we were wrong), by the year 3000 earth probably wont exist anymore and humans will be travelling around the universe...

I would say there is more evidence, proof of Aliens then there is of God.
Especially with the multiple videos (good quality) and eye witness accounts of them from credible sources.

I would also cite ancient cave paintings that clearly depict alien life forms.

yes, I'm a fan of Ancient Aliens.

that show is bomb af. Some of the theories are ridiculous but i love the show especially....

Ancient-Aliens.jpg

Question to fellow atheists, since I'm constantly surprised at running into atheists/agnostics who believe in aliens... which do you find more likely: the existence of aliens or the existence of God? Do you believe there is proof for either?

There is no evidence of sentient alien life elsewhere in the universe, however, considering the size of the universe with the number of potential sun-like stars orbited by Earth-like planets, it's pretty much mathematically impossible for their NOT to be other sentient life elsewhere in the universe.

Will our species ever make contact with them, though, is another matter. Considering the scale we're talking about, we might never encounter them, even if we spend the rest of our lives (as a species) looking.

Definitely aliens exist, but not on our planet.
Definitely gods do not exist.

I see no reason why Aliens shouldn't exist, the universe is incomprehensibly vast.
Further more, if you're an atheist it should only strengthen this idea, because if life was not created by some divine entity, but rather in some random event in a specific environment, then there is no reason to assume that in the whole universe these environmental conditions wouldn't produce the same result once more. Like in the much debated Drake Equation, for example.

which do you find more likely: the existence of aliens on Earth or the existence of God?

I believe the existence of aliens on Earth is more likely than the god of the bible; however I believe it is still very unlikely to have ever happened.

Alien life, even intelligent alien life is very likely given the math of the number of stars and planets in the universe.

However; aliens having somehow found and visited our little planet in the vastness of the universe seems unlikely to me.

I have not seen any credible evidence to suggest that we have been visited by aliens.

Is there really a difference between an Angel and an alien visitor?

Nope, one has simply been deified and given attributes that exist outside the realms of the physical universe...by humans.

Is there really a difference between an Angel and an alien visitor?

Well if true Angels are from heaven not earth and would then therefore be aliens when here....

Neither.

Aliens most likely exist but have never visited earth.

I'm Agnostic. Here's my opinion:

I think there is probably life on other planets. If you believe life evolved on Earth then why not elsewhere? The universe is a big place. There is also evidence that many planets in this galaxy alone are within the habitable zone of the stars they orbit so they may have water like Earth and where there is water there is a possibility for life.

So I do believe there are aliens out there. Do I believe there are super intelligent aliens cruising in spaceships with the capability to visit (or have already visited) Earth? Probably not.

Now God is in my opinion less likely to exist. We know life exists so it's not a stretch to imagine that it exists elsewhere especially when there are so many possible planets for life to exist. But what about an all-powerful being that created and controls the Universe. What is the likelihood of that? I certainly have doubts about the existence of the Christian God after reading the Bible in its entirety several times. If God exist where is he? Where is the proof? I don't reject the possibility of a God or Gods but I think the existence of aliens is more plausible.

I do like the show...especially when it first started....but now they have gone off the deep end...making absurd claim, and leaps in logic.

lol one of them i saw said there were portals to alien worlds and that there were underwater alien cities

Aliens on earth is bit closer to rational on the spectrum of belief. The reason I say this is because belief in alien life doesn't require a belief in anything "supernatural", where as a belief in God usually does.

Well if true Angels are from heaven not earth and would then therefore be aliens when here....

I put Angels in a different category. If they exist they are spiritual beings, like ghosts or demons. Not aliens. The dictionary defines aliens as beings from outer space.

Another word for Aliens is Extraterrestrial Biological Entity.

Heaven as I understand it is another plane of existence. It isn't in outer space it's in the spirit world (wherever that is).

Aliens.

Roswell, Phoenix Lights & Rendlesham forest.
Best 3 cases to read about if you are interested in UFO's.
I'm not saying i know what they exactly were but when the government can't either, then i'm suspicious.

I put Angels in a different category. If they exist they are spiritual beings, like ghosts or demons. Not aliens. The dictionary defines aliens as beings from outer space.

Another word for Aliens is Extraterrestrial Biological Entity.

Heaven as I understand it is another plane of existence. It isn't in outer space it's in the spirit world (wherever that is).

Depends on your definition of Alien. An angle could definitely be viewed as "alien".
And if they take physical form when they come here, i.e. Jesus then is he merely a "spiritual" being.

noun
1. a resident born in or belonging to another country who has not acquired citizenship by naturalization (distinguished from citizen).
2. a foreigner.
3. a person who has been estranged or excluded.
4. a creature from outer space; extraterrestrial.

Might as well spend time wondering which is more likely, me banging Christina Hendricks
or Jennifer Lawrence

Back