Atheist Minister Fighting Against Church to Keep Position

So she's a heretic

I'll go round up some kindling, somebody set up a pit out back

It must suck having your whole life defined by what you DON'T believe in.

She is incontrovertibly not a Christian, so she has no business preaching to Christians. I would say that she should go become a Bah

Chances are very high that this female minister is a lesbian.

The article said she got the Lord's Prayer taken out of church and 100 out of 150 members left the church.

The Christian Church's number one mission is to lead more souls to Jesus Christ. She is not even advocating that. In her video, her mission is a political mission for social justice, climate change, sexuality movements, humanism etc.

The article said she got the Lord's Prayer taken out of church and 100 out of 150 members left the church.

The Christian Church's number one mission is to lead more souls to Jesus Christ. She is not even advocating that. In her video, her mission is a political mission for social justice, climate change, sexuality movements, humanism etc.

Sounds like she has successfully infiltrated for political reasons, but now her gig is up!

Sounds like she has successfully infiltrated for political reasons, but now her gig is up!

She could get a job tomorrow at a university. She should do that. I would not want to stay where I'm not wanted, but she probably wants a lawsuit.

Is she truly an atheist? She sounds more like a sort of quasi-pantheist. I guess we could parse her words to death, so I'll just say that Madmick pretty much wrapped this up with his post. No doubt there will be some special snowflakes defending her because she's a woman and her actions are anti-Christian, but the vast majority of sane people won't defend her here. I can't believe the church organization hasn't removed her yet.

Chances are very high that this female minister is a lesbian.
louie.gif

Christian Atheists and non-deistic Christianity is a growing phenomenon, even among the clergy of many western European churches, where many of the most irreligious countries have majority memberships in the church, practice Christian traditions and rituals such as weddings, christenings and funerals while at the same time having high rates of atheism and agnosticism.

For example, in the Netherlands, fully half of the population are non-theists and 1 in 6 clergy profess non-theistic beliefs. Furthermore, the non-belief in an interventionalist God is not seen as incompatible with the core beliefs of Christianity as taught by Jesus or with tending to the spiritual well being of the congregation. This school of Christian thought has a long history and a tradition with roots dating nearly back to the time of Christ himself.

The only reason that orthodox churches would have all Christians adhere to one set of beliefs is because Paul of Tarsus, whose conversion came well after the death of Christ said so. There is a reason that the Nicene Creed (the Apostle's Creed) is recited along with the Lord's Prayer - it is a singular doctrine that dogmatizes the orthodoxy against alternative interpretations in order to stamp them out.

It's interesting to note that Thomas Jefferson called Paul of Tarsus “first corrupter of the doctrines of Jesus.” This is because if you take a red letter bible and just read ONLY the teachings of Jesus as Jesus directly said it - as opposed to the interpretations of the teachings of Jesus through Paul or the other Apostles as they guessed at it (the Gospels are very clear that the Apostles are not immune from error or mistakes) - then Jesuism is not wholly incompatible with atheism or any other religion.

In modern times, Christian apologists have been aware of this threat to the orthodoxy for more than a century and have made many an effort to stem this shift away from traditional dogma. Unfortunately for them, the tides of time and the nature of human culture is against them, as beliefs have a natural tendency to diversify if they're not stamped out. Protestants, Mormons and pretty much every other denomination other than the Catholic Church or Eastern Orthodox is technically guilty of heresy and blasphemy and in earlier times, its adherents would have been executed, much as the Cathars were done in by the Albigensian Crusade.

My guess is that in the near future or within our lifetimes, we'll see a very rapid shift towards many more forms Christian atheism, just as there are plenty of atheist and agnostic people who identify as Jews who practice Jewish traditions while not placing much stock in God.

As for this lady, while she may not belong in her Church as it exists now, someone has to make the first positive steps to change these old institutions for the better. She might not be the one, but the de-deification of most of the mainline Protestant churches is going to happen. It's more or less inevitable.

What an idiot.

If a Satanist minister converted to Christianity, should that minister desire to preach to other Satanists in the Satanic Church?

No. Get the hell out and preach your religion to other followers of that religion. And on top of that, you shouldn't fight to maintain your position in the old religion, which may or may not be financially motivated.

Christian Atheists and non-deistic Christianity is a growing phenomenon, even among the clergy of many western European churches, where many of the most irreligious countries have majority memberships in the church, practice Christian traditions and rituals such as weddings, christenings and funerals while at the same time having high rates of atheism and agnosticism.

For example, in the Netherlands, fully half of the population are non-theists and 1 in 6 clergy profess non-theistic beliefs. Furthermore, the non-belief in an interventionalist God is not seen as incompatible with the core beliefs of Christianity as taught by Jesus or with tending to the spiritual well being of the congregation. This school of Christian thought has a long history and a tradition with roots dating nearly back to the time of Christ himself.

The only reason that orthodox churches would have all Christians adhere to one set of beliefs is because Paul of Tarsus, whose conversion came well after the death of Christ said so. There is a reason that the Nicene Creed (the Apostle's Creed) is recited along with the Lord's Prayer - it is a singular doctrine that dogmatizes the orthodoxy against alternative interpretations in order to stamp them out.

It's interesting to note that Thomas Jefferson called Paul of Tarsus

That's intersting. They are not Christians though, they are just part of a club or social organization.

My guess is that in the near future or within our lifetimes, we'll see a very rapid shift towards many more forms Christian atheism, just as there are plenty of atheist and agnostic people who identify as Jews who practice Jewish traditions while not placing much stock in God.

As for this lady, while she may not belong in her Church as it exists now, someone has to make the first positive steps to change these old institutions for the better. She might not be the one, but the de-deification of most of the mainline Protestant churches is going to happen. It's more or less inevitable.
I agree with you, the true gospel of Jesus Christ has to pushed aside for the New World Order. I just don't call that a positive thing.

Back