Atama Mundial Model #9 (White)

i got my mundial today and i got the a4

the pants fit me fine actually a lil baggy but the top looks huge on me idk what to do... try to shrink or send back for an a3

the new atamas do not shrink like the old school atamas..if it is 'huge' on you I would send back for other size as you will not get the shrinkage you need.

Even when it does shrink enough for a decent fit out of dryer it will grow during training.

I have always found a snug/tight fitting gi loosens up perfect once sweat gets in it. If it fits perfect in the locker room it will get baggy once stretching and pulling on it starts.

got my White Atama Mudial 9 A2 today. Looks sweet. I'm 5'7 and 155lbs and I would say the jacket almost fits me straight out of the package. I can already tell that a couple of washes and the top will fit perfectly. The sleeves currently come right to my wrists. So shrinking it two inches should not be a problem.

As for the pants, I have been told that they do not shrink that much and the 9 runs larger than the 7. The pants do look fairly baggy, but I'll find out soon enough. Will be soaking it cold water and vinegar shortly.

I just got my A3 #9 white a few days ago too. I'm a 6"0 160lb build. The pants are perfect out of the box. The sleeves is a perfect length but it's spacious because I'm fairly skinny. The only problem I have is the skirt. It's really long. My body/chest is small so an A3 is perfect for my arms but not my body. I plan on doing more hot washer / hot dryers on it

im 5'10 210ish pudgy and the top is big the bottoms arent really the sleeves go down to my knuckles and i read somewhere that it will shrink 4.5 inches washing and drying on highest setting should i try or just send back for an a3? im so confused first gi beside the one i got from the dojo

I just got my A3 #9 white a few days ago too. I'm a 6"0 160lb build. The pants are perfect out of the box. The sleeves is a perfect length but it's spacious because I'm fairly skinny. The only problem I have is the skirt. It's really long. My body/chest is small so an A3 is perfect for my arms but not my body. I plan on doing more hot washer / hot dryers on it

I'm only a little bigger than you, and I found that the skirt shrunk decently well after 1 wash, but it is a little roomy in the chest/shoulder region.

I haven't rolled in it yet, I imagine a few rolls and it will start breaking in better.

i emailed atama and they said the gi was preshrunk and wouldnt shrink much so should i get an a3?

As for the pants, I have been told that they do not shrink that much and the 9 runs larger than the 7. The pants do look fairly baggy, but I'll find out soon enough. Will be soaking it cold wate and vinegar shortly.

i have that issue too

atama 7 fits perfectly then for some reason they make the atama 9 pants bigger and baggier especially around your butt.

got my a2 and it fits me like a glove, almost as good as my marcelo :eek: ..pics will be up tonight..im 5'9" 170 lbs

i emailed atama and they said the gi was preshrunk and wouldnt shrink much so should i get an a3?

Yeah get the smaller size, down to the knuckles is way too long. If the smaller one fits perfectly out of the box just be sure to wash and hang dry only.

I received the Vulkan in A2 and have the Atama Mundial #7 in A2. Their size charts are ocmpletely different, but the kimonos are about the same size.
I am really confused.

I love the fit of the Mundial #7 A2 in teh body, but the sleeves and the skirt are pretty short.

I wish that the companies would just get on with the program and create a A2L size, because it seems that is what most people on here complain about. Tall skinny guys, are having a hard time finding a good fitting gi.
Atama should just take their A2 and extend the skirt and sleeves by 2 inches.
A3 ripstop pants are perfect by the way, and the lightest pants around.

This is my first post and just wanted to say hi to everybody first. I recently received this gi after the black friday sale thanks to lots of help from nickh. After lots of consulting and assistance from StoicDude on the size, I ultimately ended up ordering the A3 instead of the A2. I am 5'11" 175 lbs. and my A3 atama ultra light was huge but decided to give the mundial a shot again in the A3 since StoicDude had problems with the sleeves on his A2 being too short. The mundial is not the same as the ultra as it almost fit me perfectly out of the bag. The sleeves were just a little past my wrists, and the waist fit almost perfect from hip to hip. The only area that was a little big was the chest area. After two hot washes and around 20 mins. in the dryer, the gi did not shrink that much, but just enough to fit well. Just wanted to put that out there for those of you deciding on size.

all measurements are in Inches . ...

3787600621_385020f0cf_o.jpg

Length 35 inches

3787600933_3ba5f9e47e_o.jpg

chest 25 inches

3787600537_3dc15e5054_o.jpg

span of the arm 29.5 inches

3788410024_0a3deec3ab_o.jpg

Width of sleave 7 inches

3787600729_c691ce21c4_o.jpg

width of skirt 19 inches

3788410160_e31cdd0a3e_o.jpg

Length of pants 38 inches

hey stu, could you do me a favor?
could you give me a measurement from wrist to wrist accross the back of the A3 with the gi face down?

thanks

coop

no problem but the kimono has since been shrunk so it will be less than when i bought it

just do it in a bit

awesome. thanks stu. how much do you think it has shrunk. so many people are saying it doesn't move much.

coop

1 min in the dryer and it fits perfectly.

Gotta cold wash and hang dry from now on. Pants were a perfect fit from the get go. Feels weird to have pants that don't fall down/come undone.

I wish that the companies would just get on with the program and create a A2L size, because it seems that is what most people on here complain about. Tall skinny guys, are having a hard time finding a good fitting gi.
Atama should just take their A2 and extend the skirt and sleeves by 2 inches.
A3 ripstop pants are perfect by the way, and the lightest pants around.

Stoicdude,
I think you will find this very interesting. Your comments is pretty timely.
That is exactly what we have developed in our new launch for the Fushida Jiu-Jitsu gi's.
Check here for more info if you interested.

Jiu-Jitsu Gi - Komodo Jiu-Jitsu Uniform - Competition BJJ Gi - Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Gi Kimono - Fushida Vancouver BC Canada

Pants were a perfect fit from the get go. Feels weird to have pants that don't fall down/come undone.

that's exactly how I felt when I got my Atama Mundial #7 pants for the first time.
best BJJ purchase I ever made

Their ripstop pants are the best.

But their gi top is the largest out of the 6 differnt branded gi's i have and they don't shrink much(the one i received had lousy stitching at the reinenforcements patch and i hard to restitch it myself.), becareful of the lapel though i heat it, and it's kind of jagged(not sure these happens to you guy who heated their gi on ur bid to shrink it).

Perhaps due to the size, the top is kind of filmsy too when rolling, abit worst then the vulkan one i had..

Back