Atama Gold vs Atama Mundial #7

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Easto, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Easto

Easto Green Belt

I currently have a white Mundial #5 and a blue Mundial #5 that I train in.

I need a third Gi and right now its a toss up between the Mundial #7 or Gold Weave.

The price difference in the black Gi is $21 (Mundial is more expensive)

In your opinion, which is a better Gi?

Atama NEW Gold Weave Black Kimono

Our NEW black gold weave. We gave our traditional gold weaves a new look. Same as the ones you have been accustomed to but we added a new patch on the lapel, changed the embroidery on the sleeves, and added Atama logo trim inside the sleeves and inner back.

Comfortable, lightweight, and strong. Lighter than the double weave, and more durable than the single weave, the material for this kimono is woven differently than the single or double weaves which give it a very soft comfortable feel without sacrificing durability. Perfect for training or competition. Tapered body and sleeves to leave less for your opponent to grab and cut roomy in the shoulders for mobility. Made of 100% cotton. Includes pants in your choice of size.

Atama Mundial Model #9 Black

In developing a successor to one of our most popular kimonos, the Mundial model #7, we took feedback from our customers and determined that the only improvement needed was a facelift. The Mundial Model #9 is the same material and cut as the Mundial Model #7. The only difference is the color scheme of the embroidery. This kimono is made from "Carioca Weave" material, has no seam on the back, and has no "skirt", it is one piece construction. Additionally, the collar and pants are made from "rip stop" material. This is reinforced material to give greater strength and tear resistance in a lighter material. Includes all embroidery/patches as pictured. Perfect for training or competition. Tapered body and sleeves to leave less for your opponent to grab and cut roomy in the shoulders for mobility. (Does not include belt)

2. ohmalley

ohmalley Blue Belt

i don't think one is higher quality than the other. i think it's more an issue of what you like better: goldweave or the lighter weight singles.

3. situation4life

situation4life Orange Belt

the new gold weave is the same as the old one atama made. you can actually buy the old one on there site for under 100 bucks.

4. Easto

Easto Green Belt

What's the Carioca Weave?

I've always worn a Gold Weave. Is the Carioca Weave more like a light weight Gi?

5. Ls1PWR

Ls1PWR White Belt

well you have 2 things to consider. the goldweave isnt a single piece, and it has stitching along the spine which makes it uncomfortable while on your back but it breathes well. it comes with the standard not so good atama canvas pants, which alot of people dislike. the mundial is a single piece jacket with no stitching down the spine, and it comes with the very nice ripstop pants. the only problem is the carioca weave, which doesnt breathe very well at all. i had a white mundial 9 (same as 7 but different color stitching) but sold it after a month of using it because of the heat.

i would highly recommend taking a look at the fushida komodo gi's, my teammate has 1 and really likes it. i havent heard a single bad review about them and the sizing chart insures a great fit.