Atama blue belt w/purplish hue

dalexan242

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
So I bought an Atama blue belt and unlike some of the older ones that my training partners wear, it has a purplish hue to it. I've never had an advanced guy get confused (especially if they've seen me roll), but new blues and white belts come up to me and ask me how long it took to get my purple belt all the time. It's become a bit of a joke among my regular training partners, ultimately not that big of a deal.

I was hoping that wear and some washing would remove the hue, but after ~8 months it still looks pretty much the same. It's a quality belt that I don't really want to buy another belt, but was wondering whether anyone else had the same belt and whether there was anything that you had dyed it with or washed it with that could make it look just like a light blue belt.

Atama sells a 2 types of blue belts now. A blue belt (light blue) and a royal blue belt (darker maybe purplish tones) , which you may have. Or if it's REALLY purple maybe they sent you the wrong belt all together.

No, it's not an actual purple belt.

Ok.

You can't dye a dark color lighter. So if you really want a light belt that leaves you with little options: wash and dry the shit out of it, leave it in your car window, wear it A LOT, bleach it and then redye it, and/or buy a new one that is of light color.

I think Atama belts are trash. even the older ones come undone more than regular ones

Do yourself a favour and buy a HCK. Best belts for the price

Back