At which point did you consider GSP GOAT?

GSP became GOAT when...

• Total voters
Wrong again.

Read #3.

This time, really understand what that means.

Hint: Sugar Ray Robinson never weighed in above 178lb and yet is considered either the #1 or #2 Greatest Boxer of All Time by anyone with any credibility.

C'mon now. I know you can do this if you reeeeeeeally try.
I mean, you can tell me he's the best, but Deontay Wilder would smash him easily, and nobody thinks he's the best, ergo Robinson is not the best.

Who would win in a fight; GSP, or literally any heavyweight?

I know you can figure it out if you really try.

You do understand how the p4p ranking system works right?. The fact that Joshua could beat Mayweather with pure size and strength does not make him a better boxer. If you think Joshua has anywhere near the same skill set as Mayweather, I just feel sorry for you.
I understand how P4P ranking works, it's a completely subjective system with no proveable metrics.

Fighting, however, is judged on a simple premise; two people fight, one walks out the winner. If Mayweather and Joshua fought, who do you think would win? If you think the answer is Joshua, you can't then say that Mayweather is a better fighter. If you can't beat someone, you're not better than them.

Jones is GOAT for me personally but if steroids disqualify him, I can't argue against GSP and I think he soldified it when he won the MW belt even though Bisping was far away from the best MW at that time. GSP avenging his two losses goes a long way for me as opposed to fighters who have many losses or unavenged ones.

I mean, you can tell me he's the best, but Deontay Wilder would smash him easily, and nobody thinks he's the best, ergo Robinson is not the best.

giphy.gif

Now that he is retiring again, I want to ask the people who consider him the GREATEST OF ALL TIME, at which moment did you consider him to claim that title? It can be an accumulation of all up until that point.

Edit: should say “submission Bisping”. I was in a rush to get the poll going
Noting like one of his biggest haters making a thread like this to stir the pot.

155-170 are the most enjoyable divisions to watch. Sorry you guys love watching fat guys and guys on 3g of steroids compete vs each other.

Lighter guys roid up but I doubt it is to the extent of LHW and HW. No normal man can hold as much muscle as these guys.

GSP can never be goat neither can any half man. u realize even the #10 HW or HS HW wrestler would finish him in first round right?
This.

How can anyone at manlet height call themselves the GOAT when i can just hold them down with one mighty jacked hand?

Jones is honestly the best fighter I have ever seen in MMA. but apart from him then yeah GSP would be probably the best, his fight IQ is amazing.

After he beat Bisping, he went into the no 3 goat spot.

The Jake Shields matchup should be an option as well. After that fight that's when I was convinced nobody was going to beat GSP at 170.

But the BJ 2, Condit, & Diaz wins were huge to his ww goat status imo.

Never really. That torch was passed directly from Fedor to Jon. By the time anyone eclipsed the aura of GOATness around Fedor, Jon was ahead of GSP.

I can't remember. I think I voted GSP vs Hogan steel cage match
No need to be embarrassed. You often claim him as the GOAT. Just tell me at which point you were convinced he was GOAT. Most people voted the Bisping fight.

Whoever is voting "He isn't the GOAT" needs to go choke themselves

No need to be embarrassed. You often claim him as the GOAT. Just tell me at which point you were convinced he was GOAT. Most people voted the Bisping fight.
You sound mad at my pick. What's wrong with it?

So about 66% of Sherdog (so far) thinks GSP is the GOAT?

Well that makes me happy :)

Back