At which point did you consider GSP GOAT?

GSP became GOAT when...

• Total voters

Calipwnia

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Now that he is retiring again, I want to ask the people who consider him the GREATEST OF ALL TIME, at which moment did you consider him to claim that title? It can be an accumulation of all up until that point.

Edit: should say “submission Bisping”. I was in a rush to get the poll going

Last edited:
16.gif

GSP can never be goat neither can any half man. u realize even the #10 HW or HS HW wrestler would finish him in first round right?

Fedor by a mile like 30 wins straight in mens division which will never be replicated

I have Fedor, Silva, Jones, and GSP as the 4 interchangable goats so far in MMA. I have loved watching them fight over the years. The aura was always different when one of these guys fought. You knew it was something different. And except for Jones, they are pretty much gone now. It is a little sad.

Once you have 9 defenses in one of the deepest divisions in the sport it's pretty tough to deny you're The King

Taking the MW crown was just icing on the GOAT cake

MMA-Heights-5.jpg

UFCDivisional-Depth2.png

Once you have 9 defenses in one of the deepest divisions in the sport it's pretty tough to deny you're The King

Taking the MW crown was just icing on the GOAT cake

MMA-Heights-5.jpg

UFCDivisional-Depth2.png

WW is like girls sport tho. Not best or great at all. they segregate these little guys like girls because they cant compete. How they can ever be called GOAT is is like calling RR GOAT

Wrong term. P4P is term you're looking for. GOAT is Fedor or another HW maybe DC

WW is like girls sport tho. Not best they segregate these little guys like girls because they cant compete. How they can ever be called GOAT is is like calling RR GOAT
{<huh}
what the fuck are you talking about lol.. little guys? <{vega}>

idk if ur trolling/baiting or serious

{<huh}
what the fuck are you talking about lol.. little guys? <{vega}>

idk if ur trolling/baiting or serious
Where you from? OZ? Most men are bigger than a munchkin 170s lbs. Its amusing one can consider half men GOAT when even a HS wrestler would smoke them, gsp is a lamb at best

Now that he is retiring again, I want to ask the people who consider him the GREATEST OF ALL TIME, at which moment did you consider him to claim that title? It can be an accumulation of all up until that point.

I picked none of the above because I don't think he is the GOAT. For me that is Fedor, but that has not just to do with his wins, but how he won. He had the names on his resume and he has the finishes, it was the most crowd pleasing style of any fighter in MMA history I think. There's never been 1 boring second of a Fedor fight.

With that said, I've said it for years and will probably continue to parrot it around here for years to come, if you take any fighter that is on the GOAT talks, whether its Jones, Fedor, GSP, Anderson, DJ, Aldo, I'll even give the delusional fanboys who say Conor on these boards, the toughest strength of schedule for anyone was GSP.

GSP beat and dominated every single top WW contender of his era. And his 2 wins over Hughes are still more meaningful than any win that any other WW has had since those fights. The crazy part is, for a very long time, WW was pretty much the most stacked division in MMA (Along wth LW and LHW, hell HW was pretty great too). He beat the best opponents imo.

Still, Fedor is the goat. 21 fight win streak since he entered Pride, 17 finshes in the process, with 13 or 14 coming in the first round. At HW, the premier division in combat sports (or what should be)

If not "the" GOAT he's certainly one of "the" GOAT's. Thinking anyone is 100% correct on who's the GOAT is pure dumbfuckery and can be circle jerked till the end of time.

Where you from? OZ? Most men are bigger than a munchkin 170s lbs. Its amusing one can consider half men GOAT when even a HS wrestler would smoke them, gsp is a lamb at best
you realize they walk around at around 200 lbs, right? 5'11 is the average height in WW. That is average height and weight for a man. Actually it's above average height, at least in the US, where it's 5'9.

But yeah, I guess according to your informed opinion, welterweights are 'munchkins'. idiot lol

seriously are u actually trolling/baiting i cant tell <{fry}>
if you are, then you got me good lol

His accomplishments speak for themselves but it's his class and his pride that really sets him apart, imo. And this is only becoming more and more apparent in a post-Conor mma-world where many up-and coming fighters seem to compete for worst behaviour, worst trash-talk and general vulgarity and stupidity, and champs turn into divas and no-defend stalemates the minute they get the belt.

I'm happy to see the tide is turning though, and classy fighters are becoming popular again, like Robert Whittaker, Brian Ortega and Max Holloway.

But obviously coming back after a long lay-off, going up in weight, knocking out the mw champ, Bisping - just to prove a point - and then retiring because he's got other shit to do, is the epitome of cool and for me that was the GOAT moment. Not even a GSP fan, but can't help but respect and admire him greatly.

More likely people have him as GOAT by default by disqualifying the other candidates.

WW is like girls sport tho. Not best or great at all. they segregate these little guys like girls because they cant compete. How they can ever be called GOAT is is like calling RR GOAT

Wrong term. P4P is term you're looking for. GOAT is Fedor or another HW maybe DC

<YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen>
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Arent you like the biggest tony fan tho?

you realize they walk around at around 200 lbs, right? 5'11 is the average height in WW. That is average height and weight for a man. Actually it's above average height, at least in the US, where it's 5'9.

But yeah, I guess according to your informed opinion, welterweights are 'munchkins'. idiot lol

seriously are u actually trolling/baiting i cant tell <{fry}>
if you are, then you got me good lol
  • HW is only weight that matters talkintg GOAT. Jon wont step up sadly. But three fucking weight class below is like fighting a girl for a HW

Arent you like the biggest tony fan tho?
Yeah I like little guys more action but max GSP and tony would get wrecked by DC at same time..i'd never be stupid enough to call them GOATs

Yeah I like little guys more action but max GSP and tony would get wrecked by DC at same time
That dont mean nothin. Fedor is the goat,but gsp is the ufc goat. Hes above dc,jones all a dem

Back