At what stage do you eat a banana?

CatchOmega

Hideous Disfigurement
@Brown
Reaction score
I really only enjoy bananas when they're greenish/yellow. Or, in scientific terms, generally only 1-2 days after I bring those fuckers home from the store. They have more of a fresh/tangy flavor, as opposed to the strong "banana flavor" you'd typically see as a banana ages.

A lot of people look at me crazy when they see me mowing a borderline "unripe" banana, but fuck them because they taste delicious (the banana, not the person). I'll eat a yellow banana, but I can't say I enjoy it. I usually only eat them because I'd rather not throw them away instead. Once they start getting brown spots I say fuck it and toss them, or freeze them and make my wife cook a banana bread at some point.

So which one is you?

11-2-e1419757124121.jpg

1 is too fucking green
2-3 is primetime mowing
4-5 is alright, but getting a bit aged for my taste
6 is when I'm choking them down in an effort to not waste my hard earned banana money
7 is it's time to throw that stinky, mushy motherfucker out.

I figured this thread could use a poll, more so for research purposes, but apparently I can't add one and have no idea how.

A quarter after never. Worst tasting and textured fruit ever.

7 is good for making banana bread

7. And never before. I fuckin hate bananas that haven't browned yet. Bleck.

between 6 and 7. 7 is pushing it a bit.

Between 2 and 4. Anything riper, and it reminds me of children's medicine.

whenever I buy green bananas I find they always turn brown first and skip yellow. Not sure how this happens. So I don't buy green bananas anymore.

5 and 6. Anything 7 or beyond is too ripe and is relegated to protein shake blends.

I'm shooting for 5.5

5 and beyond. what the fuck is your problem? are you a fuckin bonobo?

When the apocalypse is upon us and I need to survive.

3-4, 5 is also doable but anything beyond that is disgusting to me. also, they have to be spotless, if there is any indication of a brown spot, they are going in the trash can.

Back