At What Point Were GSP "At His Best"

I gotta say the only thing that got the better of prime GSP was the backflip.

Frenchie just couldn't... stick... that... landing.

GSP against Fitch was probably the best WW we've ever seen

St Pierre was in legit grapplefuck mode after the Serra knockout. Think his beatings of Alves , Hardy , Koscheck and Penn II were his best.

Penn 2 was embarrassingly dominant. To make somebody as talented as BJ quit after all that shit talk was impressive.

A lot of people seem to have forgotten/have never seen the ass-whoopin' he gave Mayhem after Hughes tapped him in his last fight. It was 3 rounds of absolute domination and showcased every single aspect of his MMA skillset. The tear he went on from here to when he put Hughes out to win the title for the first time was without question for me GSP at his best, from a physical and athletic standpoint... and for sheer entertainment value.

In terms of overall fight skill and I.Q., that came after his loss to Serra, but young GSP was a force of nature and the best athlete to ever grace the Octagon.

GSP vs Trigg may be the most dominant performance i have ever seen

I don't think Kos was really a top contender. He got destroyed by Paulo Thiago and Alves during his title run.

It's hard to say.
The best WW he beat were Shields, Condit, and Hendricks.
Shields was an easy matchup for GSP, stylistically.
Condit was dangerous for moments, but we knew GSP would win the rounds.
Hendricks was pretty complete at that time, and that fight was very close.

I think the Condit fight was his finest performance.
I think I was most impressed with how he survived and kept a cool head after getting floored by the switch kick. Condit moved in to try to finish, but GSP (while hurt) kept his composure, moved his hips, and got out of there.
(For a lack of this champ heart, look at how Weidman dealt with being taken down by Rockhold and had none of what GSP had)

I gotta say the only thing that got the better of prime GSP was the backflip.

Frenchie just couldn't... stick... that... landing.

6yz0k8.jpg

The Fitch fight. The way he dominated Fitch was impressive. That fight proved to me that he could beat any style of fighting.
That is the fight I believe made him change his mentality as well. People say it was the Serra fight, but i say it was the Fitch. You can't deny gsp was going for the finish that night, problem was he almost gassed himself out. I remember hearing he needed the whole 2 or 3 round to catch his breath and was worried.
His most aggressive time was around the Triggs fight

When he blasted Fitch. I think he peaked then.
The hype machine made it sound like Fitch was just as good, and boy did GSP make Fitch look like he didn't belong in the octagon with him. Also, that was after GSP avenged his loss to Serra, and GSP wasn't a boring point fighter vs. Fitch.

St Pierre was in legit grapplefuck mode after the Serra knockout. Think his beatings of Alves , Hardy , Koscheck and Penn II were his best.
Except when GSP beat the living shit out of Jon Fitch.

Starting at the third fight with Hughes and ending with his fight with Condit.

Right before the aliens came to visit him.

He was at his best vs shields when he uses teh jab of death. On a side note that was the best promo ever for that event

It is hard to pick one fight.

He brought his A game so many times. My favorite performance was at UFC 100 because who knows what Alves was jacked up on at the time.

He also was very dominant against Mayhem, Fitch, Hughes 2 and 3, Penn 2 and Serra rematch.

Back