At what point do we start talking about Khabib as a Top 3 GOAT

When he is white and stops being a Muslim

That’s how it works around these parts

Maybe if he actually fought every now and then. Can't be the greatest if you never do anything.

Question for the people who think Khabib is on his way to GOAT status but don't quite have him in their top 3 yet.

Personally i really want to put him in my top 3 right now but i just feel like i need something more from him. I mean yeah he's 28-0 but i feel like the level of competition is just not there yet. I look at his resume and none of the names really pop off or wow me. I personally think his biggest win is Conor, which is impressive but i don't think it's enough to put him at GOAT levels yet.

We all know the the Triumvirate of GSP, Silva, Jones, and whatever order you rank them. Then there's also the argument for Stipe, we watched him beat legend after legend then take out a legit new destroyer of worlds level threat in Ngannou, then get his title back by beating DC and giving him his first loss at HW. So can see how he could easily be in someone's top 3 over Khabib when you compare their resume's.

So basically if Khabib is not in your top 3 yet, what does he have to do to get in as one your top 3, potentially number 1 all time.

<JRSmith40>

He's not close yet, I don't think anyone can place him in the top 10 all time at this point. He has a nice record, but let's be honest that 60% of that is irrelevant and his career really started once he hit the UFC where he's been extremely dominant, one of the most dominant fighters of that last decade. The first 16 wins are a nice bonus, but it's not really anything remarkable. So its really based on 12 fights and half of those fights are not really worth of making a case for top 3 goat. You can't really place him as a goat contender with a resume of Poirier, Conor, Iaquinta, Edson, RDA and Johnson if you know what I mean. Top 15, yes.

You have your top guys like GSP, Anderson, Fedor, Jones, Aldo, DJ who've had the impressive records, title defenses and resume. And you got the others that don't quite have the title defenses but have impressive accomplishments, great records, big wins and two division champs. And then you'll have fighters that have reached high levels in their division like Stipe, Holloway etc, I think that Khabib is in there with those guys so he's in the 11-20 ranking.

He's gotta continue to win and defend the title at the least. And he needs to beat some good names/top fighters, LW is sort of working against him with that. The issue is that he's got guys that are doing the same thing as he is like Usman, Adesenya, Volkanowski. So what can he do to get ahead of those guys? I consider them all in the same grouping. I would say Khabib is ahead of Volk and Izzy right now.

To be top 3 he needs to defend another 6-7 times and potentially win a WW belt. And also, stay ahead of the guys aIl mentioned. To be #1? Looking too far ahead.

More defenses gets him in the top 3... (staying undefeated while doing so will put him over the top) Got him around top 5 at the moment...

Question for the people who think Khabib is on his way to GOAT status but don't quite have him in their top 3 yet.

Personally i really want to put him in my top 3 right now but i just feel like i need something more from him. I mean yeah he's 28-0 but i feel like the level of competition is just not there yet. I look at his resume and none of the names really pop off or wow me. I personally think his biggest win is Conor, which is impressive but i don't think it's enough to put him at GOAT levels yet.

We all know the the Triumvirate of GSP, Silva, Jones, and whatever order you rank them. Then there's also the argument for Stipe, we watched him beat legend after legend then take out a legit new destroyer of worlds level threat in Ngannou, then get his title back by beating DC and giving him his first loss at HW. So can see how he could easily be in someone's top 3 over Khabib when you compare their resume's.

So basically if Khabib is not in your top 3 yet, what does he have to do to get in as one your top 3, potentially number 1 all time.

<JRSmith40>
LOL
Sorry, I lost my focus when you blatantly did not mention Fedor but chose instead DC and Miocic like they are somehow ahead on him at GOAT status...

So I guess beating the amazing UFC record of 3 title defenses beats one fucking decade unbeaten???

I do believe from a skill standpoint he is already a top 10 GOAT. but you cant just go off that, gotta have the defenses/names to back it up.

2 more dominant title defenses and I'll happily say he is top 3 GOAT

if he finishes Gaethje + one more that would be huge

He will retire as the lw goat at the end of 2020.

He’s def at least top 10 oat currently imo

Has Khabib surpassed Fedor in GOAT standings?

LOL
Sorry, I lost my focus when you blatantly did not mention Fedor but chose instead DC and Miocic like they are somehow ahead on him at GOAT status...

So I guess beating the amazing UFC record of 3 title defenses beats one fucking decade unbeaten???

Uh you do realize that in all those "10 years" Fedor only defended his Pride belt 3 times himself. While Fedor was champ he would rather fight guys like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuji_Nagata , A japanese pro wrestler with 0 MMA experience, than to defend his belt.

Imagine the backlash if Stipe fought a pro wrestler with 0 MMA experience for his next fight instead of fighting a top 3 contender like Cormier or Ngannou.

To be perfectly honest I don't count any "fights" from Russia(where Fedor gets to hand pick his refs and judges) Pride, or JMMA in general, on any resume. None of it was ever sanctioned or commissioned by any outside recognized governing body. NONE OF IT. Plus too many past Pride fighters and associates have admitted Pride was fake anyway. Plus the way Pride got shut down due to the Gov. investigation into rampant corruption and the fact they couldn't keep their TV contracts due to blurring the lines between sport and sports entertainment. Throw in the refs wearing ear pieces and all the pro wrestlers that were used to job to the top guys just proves the whole thing was on level with the WWE.

So Fedor's record in actual sanctioned and commissioned fights, and him not being able to hand pick the ref and judges is actually 6-5. That's it, outside of fake ass Japan and corrupt ass Russia Fedor is only 6-5. That's not good enough to be top 50 let alone anywhere near GOAT status imo. Even if you count his 3 title defenses(which i dont) his resume in actual sanctioned competition is barely average at best.

Stipe has the best resume at HW bar none, and he did it all in the most strictly regulated and scrutinized MMA organization ever.

Feel free to get emotional and call me names like every other Fedor nuthugger when facing the facts.

But the truth hurts.

{<shrug}

If he beats Gaethje he will be LW goat. But to be all time GOAT he needs to do more.

Uh you do realize that in all those "10 years" Fedor only defended his Pride belt 3 times himself. While Fedor was champ he would rather fight guys like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuji_Nagata , A japanese pro wrestler with 0 MMA experience, than to defend his belt.

Imagine the backlash if Stipe fought a pro wrestler with 0 MMA experience for his next fight instead of fighting a top 3 contender like Cormier or Ngannou.

To be perfectly honest I don't count any "fights" from Russia(where Fedor gets to hand pick his refs and judges) Pride, or JMMA in general, on any resume. None of it was ever sanctioned or commissioned by any outside recognized governing body. NONE OF IT. Plus too many past Pride fighters and associates have admitted Pride was fake anyway. Plus the way Pride got shut down due to the Gov. investigation into rampant corruption and the fact they couldn't keep their TV contracts due to blurring the lines between sport and sports entertainment. Throw in the refs wearing ear pieces and all the pro wrestlers that were used to job to the top guys just proves the whole thing was on level with the WWE.

So Fedor's record in actual sanctioned and commissioned fights, and him not being able to hand pick the ref and judges is actually 6-5. That's it, outside of fake ass Japan and corrupt ass Russia Fedor is only 6-5. That's not good enough to be top 50 let alone anywhere near GOAT status imo. Even if you count his 3 title defenses(which i dont) his resume in actual sanctioned competition is barely average at best.

Feel free to get emotional and call me names like every other Fedor nuthugger when facing the facts.

But the truth hurts.

{<shrug}
LOL
yeah, let us take all decade unbeaten and Compare legends of the sport like Nog or Cro Cop to one fight Fedor had against an unexperienced. That alone would show your bias and blindness.
But then you forget that Stip[e fought the likes of Corey Mullis who had an amazing cartel of 1 fight.... a loss.

But I won't mention this to you, because the truth hurts... and you'll be crying.

LOL
yeah, let us take all decade unbeaten and Compare legends of the sport like Nog or Cro Cop to one fight Fedor had against an unexperienced. That alone would show your bias and blindness.
But then you forget that Stip[e fought the likes of Corey Mullis who had an amazing cartel of 1 fight.... a loss.

But I won't mention this to you, because the truth hurts... and you'll be crying.
<Huh2>

You're really comparing Stipe's very first ever MMA fight against another newcomer, to Fedor, the reigning defending Pride HW champion, fighting a pro wrestler with 0 MMA experience instead of defending his title against top contender????

Really thats what you're doing.

{<doc}

Jesus you Fedor nuthuggers are insane.

Back