At this point, who gets 2nd greatest WW of all time spot? Hughes or Woodley?

Agent Mulder's Hair

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Regardless of what some are saying, I don't think Tyron has an argument for GOAT WW yet. That spot still has to go to GSP. But how about 2nd greatest WW of all time? How does what Tyron has done up to this point stack up against what all Matt Hughes did in his career? This isn't a "who would beat who in their primes?" thread. But we can talk about that if ya like. But it's more of a "who did more in their career?" thread. And yes I realize Tyron isn't done yet. I'm just saying at THIS point....

....What do you think?

117879976.jpg.0.jpg

once Woodley clears out the division he's got a solid case for it.

I'd have to go T wood, if not it will only take another defense to push him over.

We also have to keep in mind T wood is showing no signs of slowing down. I think Hughes would have a better case without running into GSP

How is this even a question?

Hughes is a HOF and one of the greatest welterweights ever

Woodley is the champ of a division full of all guys past their prime and a few up and comers

Not even close

Hughes probably but Woodley isn't far off. He might end up surpassing GSP if he strings a few more years of defenses together.

Hughes has a better claim but in a make believe world where we can see who would win if hughes and woodley fought i would say woodley decapitates him.

I'd have to go T wood, if not it will only take another defense to push him over.

We also have to keep in mind T wood is showing no signs of slowing down. I think Hughes would have a better case without running into GSP

Woodley is 36 with a 19-3 record

At 36 Hughes had a 45-7 record and beat pretty much every top guy of his generation

Maybe if Woodley had another 30 pro fights in the same time span he would have a few more losses

Hughes had a win streak almost as long as Woodley entire career

At 36 Hughes had a 45-7 record and beat pretty much every top guy of his generation

Maybe of Woodley had another 30 pro fights in the same time span he would have a few more losses
It's not all about record mate

Maybe of Woodley had another 30 pro fights in the same time span he would have a few more losses

Hughes had a win streak almost as ling as Woodley entire career

Good point. Not to mention one of those wins is over the WW goat. And another is over another HOF'er in BJ Penn. Hughes probably has wins over other HOF'ers too but I'm not sure.

Congrats, this is the 7th thread on page one related to Woodley’ GOAT status.

I guaran-goddamn-tee 5 of the other 6 were there 9 minutes ago when this thread was made.

But oh, I know, none of them are exactly this thread. Only mostly. Let’s just say none of them are arguing whether he belongs at #5 or #6....

Back