At this point does the credibility of Khabib-Conor 2 come into question to build a 3rd?

brackis1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We're obviously building toward this rematch going down and a huge huge payday for all involved. It has all the nationalist storylines, racial, religious, etc... a goldmine for the UFC.
Which begs the question: Why stop at 2 when you could have a trilogy?
In terms of career earnings, Khabib would likely make more from 2 MORE Conor fights than he would from cleanly winning a single rematch and subsequent non-conor fights combined.

Shades of what Mayweather and Pacman were going for by chance with talk of their rematch?

Last edited:
Khabib smashed Conor in the first fight, wasn't competitive.

Khabib will probably do exactly the same in the 2nd.

There would be 0 sell for a 3rd if that happens.

There wasn't a need for a 3rd BJ/Edgar fight as Frankie was 2-0 but at least those first 2 were close at least.

Let’s be real, drama alone will sell this thing. But if you want to break records, Conor needs at least 1 more big win over someone substantially tougher then Cerrone

having a trilogy after a 2-0 start is dumb.

Let’s be real, drama alone will sell this thing. But if you want to break records, Conor needs at least 1 more big win over someone substantially tougher then Cerrone
Gaethje?

Because people lose interest over time. Oh look. These guys are fighting..... AGAIN...... When rematches happen so quickly or back to back it loses meaning and build up. And people are unpredictable anyway. The UFC or analysts may think they'll make a bajillionmillion dollars from a trilogy but it could turn out to be shit.

having a trilogy after a 2-0 start is dumb.

There wasn't a need for a 3rd BJ/Edgar fight as Frankie was 2-0 but at least those first 2 were close at least.
That's exactly my point tho: that the UFC needs something other than a dominant Khabib victory.

I couldn't disagree more. You don't break records by solidifying the appeal to the people who really know what's going on. You do it by getting 5 million casuals. I'm not sure how a tougher win gets that done. If anything he should be fighting another big name. Fighting Frankie or Aldo would probaby raise his stock more wth the casuals.

Conor needs to win then lol.

If Conor never does that, we wont see a 3rd.
And that's again, my point, is that I question whether the insane promotional push Conor got this week shows that a rematch will be setup only if they can slant it in a way that is most likely to produce a result worthy of a trilogy. (Either Conor wins, DQ, controversy etc...)

If Conor wins the rematch I'm sure there will be a trilogy. I'm sure Khabib would want to get that one back and I'm sure Conor would like to 1up Khabib. It's academic at that point, but the rematch has to happen and Conor has to win for any of this to be relevant.

Next thing your going to say is UFC is like pro wrestling and all the fights are planned out. Why is it so hard to believe that McGregor could beat Cowboy in this fashion? Conor beat Aldo in 15 seconds, why weren't you saying that was fixed? If you believe the fights are fixed, why would you ever even watch the sport again? Talk of fixed fights will ruin this sport. Until it's proven in a court of law, I will not even entertain thoughts of fixed fights. It's all just nasty rumors by people who don't have a clue. :(

I couldn't disagree more. You don't break records by solidifying the appeal to the people who really know what's going on. You do it by getting 5 million casuals. I'm not sure how a tougher win gets that done. If anything he should be fighting another big name. Fighting Frankie or Aldo would probaby raise his stock more wth the casuals.

Lol at Frankie. Conor absolutely kills him. No win will ever convince the Conor haters of anything. They just spent months calling a ufc legend a can just to put down Conor and then when Conot won spun the narrative to the fight was fixed.

Fixed fight truthers are the dumbest of all dumb sports fans.

Pretty loaded OP.

Predicting a Khabib/McGregor 2 fix while simultaneously calling Mayweather/Pacquiao a fixed fight.

In no uncertain terms if Conor beats Khabib and it sells well, they will make a 3rd....

...if all parties are interested (Conor may choose not to; claim he came, conquered and left, like he does after winning every belt).

Conor was hardly at his 40% and still first to win a round against supposedly worst possible nightmare matchup fans have said before Khabib even won the belt. There is zero reason to belieave Conor wont do MUCH better in the rematch like he did against Nate expecially now after we saw what he did to Cowboy. Back to Soccer

Next thing your going to say is UFC is like pro wrestling and all the fights are planned out. Why is it so hard to believe that McGregor could beat Cowboy in this fashion? Conor beat Aldo in 15 seconds, why weren't you saying that was fixed? If you believe the fights are fixed, why would you ever even watch the sport again? Talk of fixed fights will ruin this sport. Until it's proven in a court of law, I will not even entertain thoughts of fixed fights. It's all just nasty rumors by people who don't have a clue. :(

Its because people hate Conor so much they want to discredit any win. Easier to believe some theory that supports your assertion that a fighter is overrated than admit you were wrong and reevaluate your opinion. I think people also say it because it makes them feel smart, like they are clever enough to see whats really going on unlike the rest of the sheeple. Much like conspiracy theorists it provides insecure, not very bright people with a seductive ego boost.

Pretty loaded OP.

Predicting a Khabib/McGregor 2 fix while simultaneously calling Mayweather/Pacquiao a fixed fight.
Yeah cause McGregor-Mayweather was a total slugfest involving committed fighters, right bud? Totally not a sham exhibition match that earned 100mil :rolleyes:

My point was clear: Pac-Mayweather 2 almost happened for quite some time and their first match was also dubious given that Pac may have been hurt coming into the fight and taking a payday, which is exactly what people are saying with limp-walking Cowboy who wouldn't dare pass up their red panty payday.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawn_bogart
Back