"At this point, Chuck Norris would be the bigger challenge" - Jon Jones on Liddell

jones would smash chuck easily

Obviously a Chuck fan here, but he was asked about how he'd fare against Jones, and he responded. It's not like he came on the podcast and starting calling out Jones. He has a warrior spirit and believes that in his prime, he would have presented problems to Jones.

First comment was a pretty clever response, second was just overkill.

Jon seems to be pretty fragile minded because he takes these comments to the heart

He needs to just be quiet and worry about getting his life together
How come when Jones responds to comments he's fragile minded? People don't say that about Conor.

Chuck's talk does get annoying. George Foreman thought Tyson was overrated and people tended to get bullied by him, so he made a comeback in his 40s and did quite well--though he never could get a fight lined up with Tyson. Ernie Shavers did the same thing, those his 1990s comeback attempt didn't last long. But at least both of them tried to back up their talk.

Now I certainly don't think Chuck should come back after all of his damage and missing chin....but still, there's no reason to keep talking if you aren't going to do anything. He's already made his statement (which I don't agree with...Jones would smash any version of Liddell). Let that be it.

There are legions of people, all in trailer parks, that believe Chuck.

Eek, Iceman comments reek of envy. It's not a good look.

Chuck had one of the best MMA careers ever and is probably still one of the most recognizable MMA fighters, retired OR active.

Everybody gets old and the game moves on. It's life. People who can't accept that end up looking pretty petty.

Obviously a Chuck fan here, but he was asked about how he'd fare against Jones, and he responded. It's not like he came on the podcast and starting calling out Jones. He has a warrior spirit and believes that in his prime, he would have presented problems to Jones.

Ah, I didn't know that. I didn't actually listen to the interview.

Context is so important ... It would be a bad look if he just spouted it off unsolicited but if he was asked, this is much ado about nothing.

I saw chuck liddell at this club in tahoe a couple weeks ago. He was the oldest guy there by at least 15 years

Thats 99% of any headline,that many choose to ignore,or dont have the thinking capacity to see it any other way. I think people here still think Ronda held press conferences every day about all the people she could beat under the right circumstances.

Of course Jones would be the favorite, but it's silly to discard Chuck's chances. Prime Liddell had a great toolset to counter Jones' size and wrestling.

Of course Jones would be the favorite, but it's silly to discard Chuck's chances. Prime Liddell had a great toolset to counter Jones' size and wrestling.

He lost to lesser men than jones in his prime.

He lost to lesser men than jones in his prime.
And he also beat great fighters. Jones has looked his best when he fights much shorter guys. Chuck matches up well, better than Shogun, Machida, Glover, heck prolly better than anyone Jones has fought yet.

Jones has looked his best when he fights much shorter guys. .

not his fault he's 6 '4.

I would have liked to see the fight but i think with what we got avaialble,youd have to consider jones a heavy favorite.

Kieth Jardine Chuck, Kieth fucking Jardine. That's all I have to say.

Not anybody in the top 3 of the current lhw division.

>Not anybody in the current LHW division...

MFW you realize there's not even more than 3 fighters in today's pedestrian LHW division

tumblr_lwq98aDP3j1qzgmug.jpg

God I hate jones he is so unlikeable and Chuck would roundhouse kick his head off after jumping out of his ram supercharger with a pearl beer in his hand
Jones is just jealous Chuck Liddell is loved and Jones is despised

>Not anybody in the current LHW division...

MFW you realize there's not even more than 3 fighters in today's pedestrian LHW division. I'd favor Gus over Chuck as well.

tumblr_lwq98aDP3j1qzgmug.jpg
I do realize it and he couldn't beat Jones, DC or Rumble.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back