At the gym you should never...

• Thread starter Deleted member 145018
  • Start date
Amen to that. Several times at the student rec center where I work out I've been doing SOHP with fixed-weight barbells in the middle of the floor and some idiot passes right by me while the bar is going up or coming down and I have to stop it, or even move it, so I don't crack him in the skull.

When I walk to the water fountain I will take all kinds of silly circuitous paths to stay away from people who are lifting, even people on the machines.

next time crack the guy in the face, and when he wakes up tell him he deserves it for being a moron, just mmake sure he aint bigger and stronger than u, and when u go to jail dont blame me:icon_lol:

wear a bandana, sleeveless shirt, and cutoff shorts.

sleevless shirts, cmon man, i go (when i go) in a whife beater and i see lots of others with the same, im not big so i dont wear it to show off , just to be more comftorble . p.s. i heart my fingers today and they all wrpaed up in bandades so hard to type good spelling

pay for a guest visit ( I have never once paid a one time fee to train at a gym and I have lifted at hundreds of them while on the road) will devote a seperate thread to that
yeah, I definetely need to read this thread

sleevless shirts, cmon man, i go (when i go) in a whife beater and i see lots of others with the same, im not big so i dont wear it to show off , just to be more comftorble . p.s. i heart my fingers today and they all wrpaed up in bandades so hard to type good spelling

I meant in combined attire. I sometimes wear a tank-top or wifebeater myself, but not with a bandana, cut-off frayed shorts that are so tight they look they're squeezing the life out of the guys sack.

I meant in combined attire. I sometimes wear a tank-top or wifebeater myself, but not with a bandana, cut-off frayed shorts that are so tight they look they're squeezing the life out of the guys sack.

why not? no friction when you pull a DL up your thighs and your knees won't catch when you squat deep.

grow up.

Get stuck in the locker room when the obligatory "Old Naked Guy" is walking around with his nuts hanging to his knees.

..talk to me, unless I'm in immediate life threatening danger, or you are an extremely attractive female, thats saving my life.

I'll just simply list the things I noticed the last time I was at the gym nearby:

1) 30lb alternating dumbbell curls with straps
2) Quarter squats with a belt + knee wraps + straps using 225lbs
3) 80lb lat-pulldowns with a belt
4) A guy moving a bench into the squat rack to sit on and do curls
5) Gloves + belt + spotter to do preacher curls
6) A guy basically shadowboxing in slow motion with 20lb dumbbells

and of course the best and most nauseating of all..

Holy crap! I just have this image of the bar falling off the guy who was squatting's back and his arms being stuck to the bar... wow that'd teach him a lesson... I don't think he'd be lifting again for a long time... if ever. And number 4, omg, I hope I never have to witness something like that.

not do compound excercises.

dvermillion, you'd be surprised at the number of people who can turn bicep curls into a whole body compound exercise

...judge people based on appearance.

Two older gents (late 40's - early 50's) in the squat rack today. Didn't look particularly impressive, so I wrote them off in the back of my head and went to the power rack instead (no hooks for the bar, one broke and was being replaced) for high-pull cleans into front squats.

I bang out a quick set and take a second look. They'd already warmed up and were now loading up. Two plates and a quarter. I stop, assuming this is going to be a Darwin award and want to be on hand to help.

The gent had wrapped his knees and was buckling up an inzer belt. He then gets under, pauses, does the pre-set scream and proceeds to squat hamstrings to calves. His partner did the exact same.

Then they did front squats and DLs. They were doing sets with four plates. These guys looked like your typical golf-clubhouse squatters, with beer guts and skinny limbs and all.

Again, book by its cover. I was vastly humbled and impressed.

After finishing up my own squats in the rack they freed up (we talked lifts a bit, they've been at it over twenty years) I left and couldn't resist buying and chugging a quart of milk to commemorate the occasion.

I'd just met the old-school crowd I never even knew existed here, and I worked there for a year.

..talk to me, unless I'm in immediate life threatening danger, or you are an extremely attractive female, thats saving my life.

I don't wear my glasses so I don't get distracted

Back