At least Tate didn't act like Bethe & McMann

I never said never in that context lol
I said never as in I never said that

now all I am doing is saying never, so I guess I can never say 'never say never' or .... can I?

:icon_twis

Quote DGT4NOW nevermore...

Cus D'Amato told Mike Tyson from the very beginning. The best fighter doesn't make the most money. The most exciting fighter makes the most money.

This
Plus she is not even the best fighter, so she should be trying harder (like Tate) to be an entity in the division.

Great.

Let's give Tate the Lady Byng sportswomanship trophy now.

And the "lasted more than one round" medal too while we are at it.

Acknowledging a fighter for doing the right thing should happen more on Sherdog TBH
Why does that bother you?

I know
I didn't correct him on his wording, as if I was a braniac (while miss-using 'alot').

funny...it wasnt untill recently that I ever noticed that americans dont use the same spelling of that as everyone else

and yeah you did correct me on my wording... while I missed a space between a and bit the difference being I made a mistake...while youre just an asshole lol

carry on tho....I stand corrected about the word check

She seems to have worked her ass off both in & out of actual MMA fighting.
She took her TUF popularity & grew it without any connection to Ronda.
The 4h, Cyborg, Bethe, etc., all cling to Ronda's name, while Tate stepped back & became her own business & built her name on her own.
She said she wanted to win 4 fights before thinking of Ronda & did & she deserves this payday IMO.

True she doesn't actively bring up Ronda's name in the same way other female fighters do. However, I don't think it can be said her popularity has zero connection to Ronda. If Ronda and her got along great and weren't rivals would Miesha be as popular as she is? Probably not. If Ronda was a nobody would Miesha be where she's at today? Doubtful.

In the end, Miesha's success is and always will be tied to Ronda.

and yeah you did correct me on my wording... while I missed a space between a and bit the difference being I made a mistake...while youre just an asshole lol

Yeah, your post about wasn't about you being an asshole ... or should I type 'arsehole' before you have a meltdown?

Oh & for someone who came into this thread just to tell people that they miss-used a word (which was used correctly), you would think you might know that youre is supposed to be "you're".

I would stop running to correct people (even though they were correct) in threads, if in every reply, you will be incorrect

Kind of makes you look like a dummy ... :icon_chee

Now go get your shine-box!

The fight makes sense
Look at it this way:
Tate is the obvious #1 contender
She is the obvious #2 in popularity as well

Most of the newer Ronda fans never lived through Tate/Rousey.

Ronda did 800+k in PPV with a Brazilian that doesn't speak english.
Tate is already more popular & very media savvy & there is a lot of history to promote

Also the singular story of 'the only person to get past rd. 1 with Ronda, gets one last shot & it is her bitter rival' is a huge PR selling point.

Outside of Cyborg, this is the biggest fight Ronda will have.

DOn't get me wrong, I completely understand you!
I even agree that it would be unfair to Tate not to give her a rematch. But it is just that I am frustrated how they avoid Cyborg fight, even though they know the next best girl is not even close to Ronda's skills.

DOn't get me wrong, I completely understand you!
I even agree that it would be unfair to Tate not to give her a rematch. But it is just that I am frustrated how they avoid Cyborg fight, even though they know the next best girl is not even close to Ronda's skills.

Way different debate lol

I am no Ronda white knight, but I don't think a champ not moving up to fight someone can be called 'avoiding'.
If she makes 135, they will fight.
Zuffa is even paying most of her Invicta purse to keep her available for Ronda

I'm more interested in Zingano and McMann getting a rematch than Tate, but you can't take it away from Tate cause she earned it.

McMann has the power in her hands to put Ronda in trouble, she broke Tate's orbital bone for god sakes. McMann suffers from a poor fight/game plan IQ and questionable gas tank, if she can improve those things she stands the best chance in my opinion

Tate who?

VictoriousActiveChickadee.gif

541490_377868532329432_424154097_n.jpg

Tate did not beat Sara and the stoppage against Ronda was too soon. Sara is the only girl who came out of the gate and attacked Rousey without getting armbarrred. Her fight against Tate was too close to call. McMann won the first round and a half and Tate won the last round and a half. Tate left the fight with a fractured orbital socket, she got beat up. Sara might have some areas to work on, but she's also the only fighter to challenge Ronda and I dont mean acting like a judo throw dummy for three rounds before getting armbarred.

Tate already lost twice to Ronda so it would look worse for her to start talking trash now. And she knows if she loses again it will all be over. Have we ever seen a 4th fight between two lopsided rivals?

Not true. Big nog gets murked by Mir twice and still talks smack and wants the third fight. Bigfoot gets destroyed by Cain and still talks smack, as does jds with Cain. There are many more so give Tate her props. Also she is hot and has a great ass.

Tate did not beat Sara and the stoppage against Ronda was too soon. Sara is the only girl who came out of the gate and attacked Rousey without getting armbarrred. Her fight against Tate was too close to call. McMann won the first round and a half and Tate won the last round and a half. Tate left the fight with a fractured orbital socket, she got beat up. Sara might have some areas to work on, but she's also the only fighter to challenge Ronda and I dont mean acting like a judo throw dummy for three rounds before getting armbarred.

#1: She obviously did
#2: & still finished the fight, showing her toughness

Both are what MMA is about (or supposed to be about)

Not true. Big nog gets murked by Mir twice and still talks smack and wants the third fight. Bigfoot gets destroyed by Cain and still talks smack, as does jds with Cain. There are many more so give Tate her props. Also she is hot and has a great ass.

Tate is a female and not run by T like those other cats. Big Nog, Bigfoot, and Big Junior have beaten legit top dogs so it's not surprising they think they can defeat their nemeses. Yes her ass is nice but it doesn't mean she's level-headed and handling the 2nd loss to Ronda like a big girl. The look on her face after the 2nd loss says it all, and she didn't even deserve that 2nd fight with Ronda or the TUF job but for Cat Alpha being injured.

Bethe gets destroyed & gives Ronda no credit & thinks she could still beat her.
McMann does no promotion, adds nothing to the buyrate, loses to Ronda & then to Tate & she still thinks she can beat Ronda

Tate lost, tried to shake Ronda's hand & openly said that Ronda is above all in her division & she needed to get better.
She then won three straight & said "I think I need another win before thinking of another shot" & then wins that fight

She looked at what she needed to do & never acted the fool.
Now she will get an insane check, be part of major hype & the one girl that made it out of the first round gets another shot.

Good for Tate!

Tate deserves the title shot and worked her way back to it but her and Mr. Tate have been saying she's the one to beat Ronda and everyone knows it for a while now, even though nobody knows it and she's already been completely dominated 2 times already. Although she's different from McMann in what she's doing, she's really no different than McMann in what she's saying.

Way different debate lol

I am no Ronda white knight, but I don't think a champ not moving up to fight someone can be called 'avoiding'.
If she makes 135, they will fight.
Zuffa is even paying most of her Invicta purse to keep her available for Ronda

That's the thing. It's like GSP & SIlva talk. But GSP (or SIlva) never had their division cleaned out as much as Ronda did.

Props to Ronda, I guess. But that doesn't change the fact that her, at 135, it's no fun to watch anymore...I mean, yeah, it's fun to watch the domination, but I rather have intriguing fights that you don't know the outcome, not fights you only don't know which second it will end...

Back