Try again braniac

Definition of CHECK

7: a written order directing a bank to pay money as instructed

& to add to your braniac-ability

Adverb
abit: Misspelling of a bit.

48546805.jpg

Great.

Let's give Tate the Lady Byng sportswomanship trophy now.

And the "lasted more than one round" medal too while we are at it.

She may be the one girl to make it out of the first round but she is also the one girl to get 2 shots already. None made it out of the first round on their first try. And she was behind.

I like cupcake though. She seems like cool people. Outclassed by Ronda as competition but still probably the 2nd best WMMAer. I'd take cupcake over cyborg. Not hating, Meisha is just more well rounded.

Tbf, even just comparing first fights with Ronda, Tate still did the best. Their fight in Strikeforce had her lasting longest, actually landing shots on Ronda, taking her back, and toughing out some bad spots before her arm was mangled.

Even Ronda has in some recent interviews been reasonably respectful and realistic about Tate's skillset.
Ronda has always been respectful regarding Tate's skills. She's been disrespectful about her as a person in the past, haven't heard that much lately but I am sure the trash talk will ramp up closer to December.

In the USA. It's spelled "cheque" in most other English-speaking countries.

I know
I didn't correct him on his wording, as if I was a braniac (while miss-using 'alot').

Bethe gets destroyed & gives Ronda no credit & thinks she could still beat her.
McMann does no promotion, adds nothing to the buyrate, loses to Ronda & then to Tate & she still thinks she can beat Ronda

Tate lost, tried to shake Ronda's hand & openly said that Ronda is above all in her division & she needed to get better.
She then won three straight & said "I think I need another win before thinking of another shot" & then wins that fight

She looked at what she needed to do & never acted the fool.
Now she will get an insane check, be part of major hype & the one girl that made it out of the first round gets another shot.

Good for Tate!

DOn't get me wrong, I love Tate.
She is tuff girl, hard as hell to beat, and very classy in defeat.

But as much as I'd like her to be the champ, I don't think she has anything for Ronda.

If the best they can say is that she is the only girl to go beyond the first round with ROnda (even though she was utterly dominated every round), I don't have much hope.

DOn't get me wrong, I love Tate.
She is tuff girl, hard as hell to beat, and very classy in defeat.

But as much as I'd like her to be the champ, I don't think she has anything for Ronda.

If the best they can say is that she is the only girl to go beyond the first round with ROnda (even though she was utterly dominated every round), I don't have much hope.

I hear you, but wonder why you quoted me.
I never said she will beat Ronda.
I said Tate did everything right & focused herself to get the third chance.
I will root for her though & might place a $100 on it (if odds are still over 10-1), but I never said I see her beating RR

I will root for her though & might place a $100 on it (if odds are still over 10-1), but I never said I see her beating RR

You're better off saving that $100 if you NEVER see her beating RR

I can respect Tate. Not crazy about watching her get destroyed a third time. But there's no one else to fight Rousey. There were moments in her fights where it was at least slightly competitive.

Don't get me wrong, it is not that I disagree with you (it seems we both have the exact same view here).

But while I see your point, I don't see the point of this fight. I mean we are talking about someone we both like, and still know it is pretty much known she will lose... :redface:

Edit: I placed 50 bucks on Bethe. If odds are as good for Tate, I will also place on her!

You're better off saving that $100 if you NEVER see her beating RR

I can afford to lose $100.
Saving that $$$ won't really make a difference

Tate has a small chance & that i exactly what longshot wagering is about.
Add in I am rooting for her & it makes sense.

If I was betting my monthly nut, than I agree :icon_chee

I can afford to lose $100.
Saving that $$$ won't really make a difference

Tate has a small chance & that i exactly what longshot wagering is about.
Add in I am rooting for her & it makes sense.

If I was betting my monthly nut, than I agree :icon_chee

I agree with you for the most part. I've been a gambling man for a long time. It just struck me as odd when you say she NEVER beats her then why place the bet? Would rather put the money on something that stands a better chance at decent odds, but if you feel she has a small chance then by all means...

Don't get me wrong, it is not that I disagree with you (it seems we both have the exact same view here).

But while I see your point, I don't see the point of this fight. I mean we are talking about someone we both like, and still know it is pretty much known she will lose... :redface:

Edit: I placed 50 bucks on Bethe. If odds are as good for Tate, I will also place on her!

The fight makes sense
Look at it this way:
Tate is the obvious #1 contender
She is the obvious #2 in popularity as well

Most of the newer Ronda fans never lived through Tate/Rousey.

Ronda did 800+k in PPV with a Brazilian that doesn't speak english.
Tate is already more popular & very media savvy & there is a lot of history to promote

Also the singular story of 'the only person to get past rd. 1 with Ronda, gets one last shot & it is her bitter rival' is a huge PR selling point.

Outside of Cyborg, this is the biggest fight Ronda will have.

I agree with you for the most part. I've been a gambling man for a long time. It just struck me as odd when you say she NEVER beats her then why place the bet? Would rather put the money on something that stands a better chance at decent odds, but if you feel she has a small chance then by all means...

I never said never in that context lol
I said never as in I never said that

now all I am doing is saying never, so I guess I can never say 'never say never' or .... can I?

:icon_twis

this

I don't think McMann cares one bit if it sells. I think she wants to win.
Cus D'Amato told Mike Tyson from the very beginning. The best fighter doesn't make the most money. The most exciting fighter makes the most money.

Back