Crime Thousand Oaks: At least 12 dead in mass shooting at California bar. Attacker also dead

Whatever dude.

<Fedor23>

Hope you got the DoD expensing those sims.

I don't work in the field any longer, but I sure as shit am not paying for training that is completely unrelated to real situations- no matter how much the CEO's of weekend warrior training companies try to tell civilians it is.

More guns always mean more violence.

Untrue.

Violence actually way, way down. Guns way way up. And if you look at the statistics you will see that were CCW is allowed crime has almost always gone down.

Untrue.

Violence actually way, way down. Guns way way up. And if you look at the statistics you will see that were CCW is allowed crime has almost always gone down.

What about nyc though?

What about nyc though?

Yeah i find it hard to believe all crime drops when people carry guns. Strong borders with decent gun control and strong policing can do the same. The problem with America is its culture and mass prolifteration of guns and a weak border. Every idiot can have one. And so many exist in the market among idiots. In a society were not every idiot could get a gun and a strong borders you get few if any illegal guns entering.

Yeah i find it hard to believe all crime drops when people carry guns. Strong borders with decent gun control and strong policing can do the same. The problem with America is its culture and mass prolifteration of guns and a weak border. Every idiot can have one. And so many exist in the market among idiots. In a society were not every idiot could get a gun and a strong borders you get few if any illegal guns entering.

Any given idiot with a gun is less of a threat to me than a concentration of people with guns that have all the power.

I don't work in the field any longer, but I sure as shit am not paying for training that is completely unrelated to real situations- no matter how much the CEO's of weekend warrior training companies try to tell civilians it is.

Suite yourself. All you're losing are the lagging indicators while dry firing and cover/concealment distinction with FoF (you can't even clear malfunctions the same way with sims). Reads like you're a pig that's in favor of disarming people so please, by all means, handicap yourself.

Suite yourself. All you're losing are the lagging indicators while dry firing and cover/concealment distinction with FoF (you can't even clear malfunctions the same way with sims). Reads like you're a pig that's in favor of disarming people so please, by all means, handicap yourself.

Handicapping myself by saying airsoft is shit and not a suitable training aid for contact situations lol????
And you can induce failures with simunition by simply altering the amount of ammo in the magazines issues, aswell as dummy rounds inserted at random periods.

Stick to your airsoft or paintball or nerf or whatevr the fuck you think is good for fighting in close quarters.

Handicapping myself by saying airsoft is shit and not a suitable training aid for contact situations lol????
And you can induce failures with simunition by simply altering the amount of ammo in the magazines issues, aswell as dummy rounds inserted at random periods.

Stick to your airsoft or paintball or nerf or whatevr the fuck you think is good for fighting in close quarters.

LOL Jesus. Do a day of combatives with sims.

More guns always mean more violence.

Always? Or just in the right situations?

If pros can't do it right what about normal gun loving bros with zero training?

There are quite a few normal gun loving bros who have enough training and common sense to manage . . . .

Always? Or just in the right situations?

It's amazing how we're the smartest species and apex predator of the world, but somehow we're just more likely to escalate a conflict when there's a greater chance of us dying in it.

It's amazing how we're the smartest species and apex predator of the world, but somehow we're just more likely to escalate a conflict when there's a greater chance of us dying in it.

We're also extremely selfish and prideful . . . egotistical and often stupid. The quicker we learn to walk away the better.

Untrue.

Of course the rebuttal here is that while the amount of gun ownership is up, the people that own the weapons are just becoming more concentrated. So violence is down along with ownership?

Also, @Higus just threw out some literature that purports to show a causal link between CHLs and more crime. It's hidden behind a paywall, so I can neither accept nor reject its conclusions. I will say, however, its odd they were able to arrive at those conclusions given that CCWs have a lower crime rate than cops (and that's from behind the blue wall).

We are just barely one swing in from the trees and our society is a fragile thing.

You must be in Mexico, because here in America, guns flow OUT of the country. Not into it.

We are just barely one swing in from the trees and our society is a fragile thing.

Yeah, I read you and agree. My point was more if we erred towards escalating in the face of greater risk in a pavlovian way, we would have been selected out long ago.

Back