ASU football player tweets being afraid of being shot by police... shot by police

You assume he's intelligent and/or not on drugs. People steal cars from showrooms all the time. The appeal is that the doors are typically unlocked so you can hotwire it and drive off without causing any damage to the car.

guy was a complete dumbfuck. you cant even steal modern cars unless you know how to override the security systems. probably thought he would get lucky and find a key.

or homeless, that is important. or do anything but bend over and present your asshole when cops are around. Its just common sense. They have a gun, and anything but submission to a man with a gun deserves death.

Here's another bright idea. Don't break the fucking law.

HuffPo: Young, Unarmed Black Man Killed By Cop Didn't Want To 'Die Too Young'

So according to HuffPo, he was just "peering into cars." Although, the video link (which may have come later, although they don't bother to change the article) that they provide seems to be the same one with him stomping out a windshield.

Of course, the comments are a great read, too. Granted they're probably just going on what was known at the time (which was pretty much nothing), but those people (commenters) sure love to jump to conclusions in favor of the football player. They look pretty stupid in hindsight. "He crashed into the dealership? It must have been an accident." "Maybe he had a seizure and lost control of the car." :rolleyes:

I believe CNN's headline was sure to include the fact that he was a "rookie cop."

people jumping to conclusions?
not siding with police immediately?

its like police have lost the benefit of the doubt or something!

insanity!

Why not? I'm a minority! I have been oppressed my whole life! I don't know right from wrong. What authority does a "PIG" have over me? Why should I show respect? He doesn't automatically deserve my respect. He better show me respect. I'm a man! Are you some type of "boot licker"? What type of person gets a job enforcing laws placed by politicians voted in by citizens? ONLY BRAIN DEAD MORONS, THAT WERE PROBABLY BULLIED IN HIGH SCHOOL. THEY ALL PUSSIES!

#idiotslivesmatter

all of these motherfuckers who get shot by cops all of the sudden are model citizens and saints, heads up, dont be a scumbag and you dont get shot

Incredibly naive, willful ignorance, or intentional dishonestly looking to exploit one situation and use it as a broad-brush

Yes it would seems this guys intuitions had more to do with being a criminal and knowing confrontations were likely than a general fear and was killed in the commission of a crime in which we have no details. And obviously he was a big guy so unarmed may not be as relevant as it sometimes is. I will reserve judgement on this story until I have enough to even form an opinion.

But to act like innocent people don't get shot or that overly excessive force has not been used in many cases where people are executed on the street for minor infractions is just fantasy at best.

Why not? I'm a minority! I have been oppressed my whole life! I don't know right from wrong. What authority does a "PIG" have over me? Why should I show respect? He doesn't automatically deserve my respect. He better show me respect. I'm a man! Are you some type of "boot licker"? What type of person gets a job enforcing laws placed by politicians voted in by citizens? ONLY BRAIN DEAD MORONS, THAT WERE PROBABLY BULLIED IN HIGH SCHOOL. THEY ALL PUSSIES!

#idiotslivesmatter

The irony here is you are too stupid to realize they do matter and you are in that group

Being stupid isn't a death penalty crime. Lucky for you I guess.

nobody is saying he was a model citizen. but you do realized you are defending shooting to kill anyone who is commiting a crime, even if they haven't harmed anyone and are no threat at all...if they announce tomorrow that they are sending all the american prison population to gas chambers you'll be all for it? "don't be a scumbag and end up in prison" right?
Excellent post. Nobody is nominating these guys for citizen of the year awards. And nobody would be complaining if they were arrested and went to jail for committing crimes. But the state (police) isn't allowed to carry out the death penalty anytime someone looks at the sideways. I mean WTF? Have we really gotten to the point where the counter-argument is "don't commit misdemeanors or non-violent crimes if you don't want to be killed by a police officer"?

There are very definitive yet easy to understand guidelines on when to use lethal force. When it is necessarily to protect your life or that of another and circumstances exist that would lead any reasonable person to believe one or both are at risk. (i don't know what the actual wording and don't feel like looking it up but that's basically the gist). And I even allow some leeway for split-second decisions or mistakes or accidents or whatever. But too many times it has been a deliberate and egregious violation of the lethal force standard and done out of ego or anger, not self-protection. Arrest 'em all if people are committing crimes. But if you are going to kill someone, you damn well better be able to justify it.

More infantile vitriol. No, child, it's just more difficult to hold them accountable when they break it since they have already been entrusted with enforcing it.

With your previous comments in this thread I am skeptical that you truly understand this.

Your first comment implied a defense of those who don't submit to police authority: equating it to a "might is right" argument. I pointed out that we submit to their democratically-afforded authority, not their guns, and that not submitting to this authority is unacceptable criminal behavior which sometimes quite appropriately results in cops killing perps if the perp escalates the situation. You responded by defending your original comment with rhetorical sarcasm implying a justification of this unwillingness to submit to their authority merely for holding a "negative opinion" of cops. Your implication is clear. You believe that holding a negative opinion of cops gives you the right to disobey them, and that this disobedience (degree not specified) cannot justifiably result in the death of the unarmed man.

It's quite obvious that you believe you are above their authority, and that you should be free to be disobedient without consequence. Good luck with that. I won't sympathize or empathize with you when you get put in your place-- even if that is a coffin.

I have no intention of breaking the law. I dont do that out of respect for police authority, i do it because i am not an asshole. I avoid police like the plague not because i am a criminal, but because they are dangerous. Being around a cop makes me feel less safe, not more.

True, every law does carry an immediate death penalty without trial. Thank God we got rid of that shitty Constitution. It was only good for toilet paper anyways. Now we have something better to deal with criminals.

Not being a criminal will greatly improve your chances of survival.

#idiotslivesmatter

2ugm3hl.jpg

All the recent coverage of White-Police-Shooting-Black-People has actually made me more skeptical of the media and Black people. And I wasn't sure that was possible!

I have no intention of breaking the law. I dont do that out of respect for police authority, i do it because i am not an asshole. I avoid police like the plague not because i am a criminal, but because they are dangerous. Being around a cop makes me feel less safe, not more.

This is just silly.

Lmao!!! Hahahahahaha..

You're trolling right???

FBI apparently investigating. What a waste of time. Trying to appease the idiots with this investigation.

Lmao!!! Hahahahahaha..

You're trolling right???

No. I dont want some nervous cop to just get home to his family through me. Or find myself one of the bad apples. Or have a no knock raid fuck up the address and storm my house. Or whatever other ways they can be dangerous to me personally. Being around police is more dangerous than not being around police.

This is just silly.

no its not. I've always felt unsafe around police. They are scary gangters looking to improve their arrest records/try out some shit on people. If you see a cop coming near you just start running.

no its not. I've always felt unsafe around police. They are scary gangters looking to improve their arrest records/try out some shit on people. If you see a cop coming near you just start running.

You're totally right.

Back