ASU football player tweets being afraid of being shot by police... shot by police

It's embarrassing that almost every one of the martyrs of BLM end up being just criminal scum reaping what they sow. It's pathetic really.

just saw the video. guy was a fucking idiot. he tried stealing several cars and then smashes through the gate. not surprised one bit he got HIMSELF killed.

Seems like he had a death wish.

or homeless, that is important. or do anything but bend over and present your asshole when cops are around. Its just common sense. They have a gun, and anything but submission to a man with a gun deserves death.
Attitudes like this is why these dipshits get shot. You submit to a peace officer's civil authority. This is a power afforded to them by the people. If you don't like it, then become one (or better yet come their superior); alternatively, you could move to a country without peace officers. I bet any such land is a swell place.

or homeless, that is important. or do anything but bend over and present your asshole when cops are around. Its just common sense. They have a gun, and anything but submission to a man with a gun deserves death.

Well, whining like a woman is not going to do anything either, so like change your strategy.

Aside from wrecking his vehicle into the building, he also broke several car windows outside the dealership. But the family claims this does not make sense, so it is probably more likely that the police shot him elsewhere, then dragged him and his car to the dealership and staged the whole thing.

Oh.....well, if the family says it doesn't make sense, then I'm sure they're telling the truth and the cops who busted him for drugs previously, and the person who reported a burglary at the dealership, and the cops who 'got into an altercation' with him are all conspiring together.
Thank goodness there were some family members to give us the unbiased lowdown on what a great guy he was.

If you're scared shitless of being shot by cops, logic would lead you to avoid any possible circumstance that this result is a possibility.

Like committing major crimes.

Crimes, that even if he wouldn't have been shot, he would have been arrested, which ruined any possibility of ruining his chances from going to a mere college football player, to a seven-figure NFL player.

Black NFL Careers Matter - Until you smack a ho on camera.

Attitudes like this is why these dipshits get shot. You submit to a peace officer's civil authority. This is a power afforded to them by the people. If you don't like it, then become one (or better yet come their superior); alternatively, you could move to a country without peace officers. I bet any such land is a swell place.

oh, so anyone who doesnt like cops should become a cop, and the commissioner or whatever. I am an electrician. Do you say the same thing for electricians you dont like? I am guessing not.

Better not ever have a negative opinion. Cant criticism anyone until you have done it. Better leave the politics forum, you arent a politician.

Well, whining like a woman is not going to do anything either, so like change your strategy.

So change it to....... what? Protest? Kill cops? General dissent seems to have had the best effect so far in implementing body cams etc. I think ill stick with that.

oh, so anyone who doesnt like cops should become a cop, and the commissioner or whatever. I am an electrician. Do you say the same thing for electricians you dont like? I am guessing not.

Better not ever have a negative opinion. Cant criticism anyone until you have done it. Better leave the politics forum, you arent a politician.
Who said that disliking a cop means you should become a cop? Who said you aren't allowed a negative opinion? Are you literate?

I said that anyone who isn't a cop should submit to a cop's civil authority, yes, duh, absolutely, because that authority represents the will of the people. If this authority is abused, then we redress that abuse. If we fail to redress it, then the system failed, and we should seek to reform the system. For example, ironically, Sandra Bland would have gotten out of a valid ticket (and its fine), olly olly oxen free, if her dumbass would have just kept cool and went to court; the judge would have tossed it on the grounds that the order the Ranger gave her to put out her cigarette was unlawful. That's how you handle a cop who is abusing his authority. You appeal to his superiors.

What you don't do is just arbitrarily decide that you don't have to submit to a cop's authority because you have a prejudice against police and past abuses. Herpaderp, a "negative opinion" doesn't empower you to ignore their authority. If you approach it with that attitude, I iterate, then there is no rational expectation of outrage when you get gunned down while committing a crime or resisting arrest. Good riddance.

Who said that disliking a cop means you should become a cop? Who said you aren't allowed a negative opinion? Are you literate?

You did, in your last post. It wasnt that long ago.

Well don't break into a dealerships window with your car for one. If he fought the police, he may have given the cop no choice but to shoot. Maybe there is a video of this.

Have to agree. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I said that anyone who isn't a cop should submit to a cop's civil authority, yes, duh, absolutely, because that authority represents the will of the people. If this authority is abused, then we redress that abuse. If we fail to redress it, then the system failed, and we should seek to reform the system. For example, ironically, Sandra Bland would have gotten out of a valid ticket (and its fine), olly olly oxen free, if her dumbass would have just kept cool and went to court; the judge would have tossed it on the grounds that the order the Ranger gave her to put out her cigarette was unlawful. That's how you handle a cop who is abusing his authority. You appeal to his superiors.

What you don't do is just arbitrarily decide that you don't have to submit to a cop's authority because you have a prejudice against police and past abuses. Herpaderp, a "negative opinion" doesn't empower you to ignore their authority. If you approach it with that attitude, I iterate, then there is no rational expectation of outrage when you get gunned down while committing a crime or resisting arrest. Good riddance.

This.
And well said.

You did, in your last post. It wasnt that long ago.
colbert.gif

No, I didn't. This is why I ridicule your reading comprehension.

In that very passage I clearly state that if you don't wish to submit to a police officer's authority, then you should become a police officer yourself or move to a land without cops (and, in fact, if you wanted to quibble, you could raise the point that being a cop doesn't excuse you off-duty from submitting to another peace officer who has detained you for potentially violating the law, nor are cops-- at any time-- immune to the law themselves).

So as you can see, "If you don't like a cop, you should become a cop" is a gross misreading. You can hate cops all you want, buddy, as you so clearly do. You just don't get to selectively ignore their authority. Your aren't above the law, and that is the institution police officers embody.

colbert.gif

No, I didn't. This is why I ridicule your reading comprehension.

In that very passage I clearly state that if you don't wish to submit to a police officer's authority, then you should become a police officer yourself or move to a land without cops (and, in fact, if you wanted to quibble, you could raise the point that being a cop doesn't excuse you off-duty from submitting to another peace officer who has detained you for potentially violating the law, nor are cops-- at any time-- immune to the law themselves).

So as you can see, "If you don't like a cop, you should become a cop" is a gross misreading. You can hate cops all you want, buddy, as you so clearly do. You just don't get to selectively ignore their authority. Your aren't above the law, and that is the institution police officers embody.

Of course i am not above the law. The only people that are above the law are cops.

all of these motherfuckers who get shot by cops all of the sudden are model citizens and saints, heads up, dont be a scumbag and you dont get shot

This. I am so strung out on felons using the 'but I was unarmed' excuse.

The only people that are above the law are cops.
More infantile vitriol. No, child, it's just more difficult to hold them accountable when they break it since they have already been entrusted with enforcing it.
Of course i am not above the law.
With your previous comments in this thread I am skeptical that you truly understand this.

Your first comment implied a defense of those who don't submit to police authority: equating it to a "might is right" argument. I pointed out that we submit to their democratically-afforded authority, not their guns, and that not submitting to this authority is unacceptable criminal behavior which sometimes quite appropriately results in cops killing perps if the perp escalates the situation. You responded by defending your original comment with rhetorical sarcasm implying a justification of this unwillingness to submit to their authority merely for holding a "negative opinion" of cops. Your implication is clear. You believe that holding a negative opinion of cops gives you the right to disobey them, and that this disobedience (degree not specified) cannot justifiably result in the death of the unarmed man.

It's quite obvious that you believe you are above their authority, and that you should be free to be disobedient without consequence. Good luck with that. I won't sympathize or empathize with you when you get put in your place-- even if that is a coffin.

Why do people always say 'unarmed' when talking about people who get shot by cops? Since when did the criteria to get shot by police include having to be armed? Apparently you can't do physical damage to a person if you're not armed. This man was a criminal, obviously either insane and/or on drugs based on the CCTV footage and so he probably did attack one of the cops, hence him being shot. The end. Non-story.

Here's the surveillance video from the dealership.

It gets interesting around 1:30 or so. That's when he starts breaking into a car.

He smashes the windshield and climbs in. Then, he eventually decides to break into the dealership.

Cops show up around 6:20 or so. But you can't really see much, as I guess they don't have video cameras inside? Although, that kinda surprises me.

[YT]7mP_kJE4D9U[/YT]

Last edited:
Back