Astros Cheated to Win the World Series - Busted

This logic sucks.
The great irony is the pitcher still can throw whatever the fuck he wants.
Whereas the pitcher can't control if someone juices.
Pitcher can throw whatever he wants but him and the catcher have to agree so the catcher doesn't get crossed up, especially if someone is on base.

This Just In:

Yankees are now the 2017 and 2019 World Series Champions
and Aaron Judge is the 2017 MVP !!!

giphy.gif

Just get rid of the sport. Shits boring anyway.

What do you think?

Yankees didn't cheat in 2019. The Astros did. Doesn't matter if Beltran was an advisor...he wasn't playing and he wasn't cheating when he was with the Bombers.

This logic sucks.

?

For the pitcher it makes perfect sense.

Wtf can you really do if a batter knows exactly what you are throwing?

This logic sucks.

So the pitcher should just throw whatever without the catcher knowing what's coming. Brilliant analysis.

Pitcher can throw whatever he wants but him and the catcher have to agree so the catcher doesn't get crossed up, especially if someone is on base.

So the pitcher should just throw whatever without the catcher knowing what's coming. Brilliant analysis.
I never said that.
There's nothing stopping them from altering their signs during the game.

I never said that.
There's nothing stopping them from altering their signs during the game.

You realize they were filming the signs during the game and likely would have picked up the altered signs very soon after the pitcher and catcher changed them?

Pretty much a nothing penalty. Hinch and Luhnow take the fall, even though the investigation showed they didn't really participate in it. Nothing happens to the players who were deeply involved in it. Owner walks away with a 5M dollar fine, which is nothing to a billionaire. The draft picks aren't even that big a deal either.

They should have had the WS stripped. Altuve should have his MVP stripped. And some of the players should have gotten year long suspensions.

If you were a billionaire, would you give up 5M and 4 draft picks for a World Series?
Yeah I don’t know how the players get off on this. You have to penalize all levels involved to root out the entire culture.

I’ll take it a step further and say that basically baseball has always had a bizarre level of cheating that everyone just sort of accepts as part of the game. This is the type of culture that gives rise to these scandals.

Yeah I don’t know how the players get off on this. You have to penalize all levels involved to root out the entire culture.

I’ll take it a step further and say that basically baseball has always had a bizarre level of cheating that everyone just sort of accepts as part of the game. This is the type of culture that gives rise to these scandals.

I heard Buster Olney say yesterday that the union would have appealed any player suspension and dragged the process out all year. The owners thought that would have been more damaging to the sport in the long run, which is why they didn't suspend any player.

I heard Buster Olney say yesterday that the union would have appealed any player suspension and dragged the process out all year. The owners thought that would have been more damaging to the sport in the long run, which is why they didn't suspend any player.
Wow - not surprised by this at all. What a joke.

Back