International [British COVID Vaccine News] GAVI Says Demand Still Strong For India-made AstraZeneca Vaccine

I doubt most of the people in these raves and clubs have had a jab anyway. They're not old enough to have had the jab yet.
What's the average age of a clubber, 25?

They hadn't. You had to produce a negative test to enter, my mate went. It was a trial to see whether that kind of measure can result in a safe event without much outbreaks etc. You'd imagine that it'd be even better with lots of vaccinated people present.

They hadn't. You had to produce a negative test to enter, my mate went. It was a trial to see whether that kind of measure can result in a safe event without much outbreaks etc. You'd imagine that it'd be even better with lots of vaccinated people present.
I see.

I think the Spanish did something similar last month with a rock concert in Barcelona with negligible seeming infection rates as result .

I think the Spanish did something similar last month with a rock concert in Barcelona with negligible seeming infection rates as result .

Yeah, same goes for the big sporting events in the USA. Unsure if the UFC attendees had to provide a negative test result but you'd think they probably did. It's probably the only way forward for large indoor events like this, unfortunately, but I'm sure clubbers would much rather that than no clubbing at all.

Yeah, same goes for the big sporting events in the USA. Unsure if the UFC attendees had to provide a negative test result but you'd think they probably did. It's probably the only way forward for large indoor events like this, unfortunately, but I'm sure clubbers would much rather that than no clubbing at all.

MMAWeekly:

UFC 261 and UFC 262 require no restrictions on fans
Neither UFC 261 nor UFC 262 will have restrictions on fans entering the buildings. They will not be required to wear masks, social distance, test negative for COVID-19, or show proof of vaccination. The UFC instead provided a notice to ticket buyers that they knowingly accepted the risk of exposure to COVID-19 when they purchased their tickets and would not hold the UFC, the venues, or other parties liable if they contracted COVID-19 at the events.

In Freiburg, Germany, they did away with prioritization and said "AZ for everyone at the central vaccination center, without prior appointment".

... they underestimated demand, ever so slightly

Freiburg-Impfzentrum.jpg

Good shit! Glad to see the I hope the supplies and logistics can handle that crowd!

Good to see none of the vaccines are restricted to 60+ anymore in Germany, the next shipment of J&J will be available to all adults as well.

For those who are interested, here is the immunization dashboard for the EU that tracks the progress of each country, courtesy of the European CDC:

https://vaccinetracker.ecdc.europa.eu/public/extensions/COVID-19/vaccine-tracker.html#uptake-tab

Hungary is currently leading the E.U pack, no doubt because they continued vaccination with 5 million shots of Chinese Sinopharm (which they paid an astonishing $72 for two doses) in additional to their Pfizer inventory when the rest of mainland Europe lost their minds over AstraZeneca's reduced shipment and clotting scare.

Last edited:
Good to see none of the vaccines are restricted to 60+ anymore in Germany, the next shipment of J&J will be available to all adults as well.

That is not entirely true. In theory, yes. In practice, the recommendation is 60+ only which means in the unlikely case that you do get issues after the shot, it is your problem and the state will not pay you compensation.

That is not entirely true. In theory, yes. In practice, the recommendation is 60+ only which means in the unlikely case that you do get issues after the shot, it is your problem and the state will not pay you compensation.

Well, I got it from this article:

Germany opens up AstraZeneca COVID vaccines for all adults
AstraZeneca jabs will soon be available to all adults, after German officials lifted restrictions banning under 60-year-olds from getting the vaccine.

AstraZeneca jabs will no longer be limited to people aged 60 and older, German federal and state officials agreed on Thursday.

The move comes as Germany moves to quickly vaccinate its population following a sluggish vaccine rollout that has picked up pace in recent weeks.

What did officials say?

People will also no longer have to wait 12 weeks to receive their second dose of the AstraZeneca jab, Health Minister Jens Spahn announced. The second dose can be delivered as soon as four weeks after the first.

"This means that when it comes to vaccinations in doctors' surgeries, it is the doctors who decide who is to be vaccinated and when," Spahn said. It is now a matter of being able to "exercise more pragmatic flexibility."

The news came as a bill to loosen restrictions for vaccinated people passed the lower house of Germany's parliament.

The nationwide scheme still requires final approval. Once passed, it will provide unified rules on the AstraZeneca vaccine that have varied slightly from state to state.

Germany started immunizing the elderly first, then extended the program to medical workers and chronically ill. Workers whose job requires a lot of contact with other individuals (like bus drivers, supermarket cashiers) are next in line.

But from next week one million doses of AstraZeneca will be administered by doctors as they see fit.

On very rare occasions, the AstraZeneca vaccine is believed to trigger serious blood clots in younger people. Dozens of countries paused the use of the vaccine for younger people, but several have since resumed its use after health regulators said the benefits of the shot outweigh any risks.

Children to be offered vaccine by August

Under the scheme, Germany will also aim to offer vaccines to all children aged 12 and over by the end of August, once the European medical regulator approves a vaccine for younger people.

All 12- to 18-year-olds will be offered vaccines in the summer "on the condition of the expected approval, if nothing unforeseen happens," Spahn said.

About 8.6% of the German population is fully vaccinated against the virus, and 30% have had at least one vaccine dose.

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-g...neca-covid-vaccines-for-all-adults/a-57453351

MMAWeekly:

Neither UFC 261 nor UFC 262 will have restrictions on fans entering the buildings. They will not be required to wear masks, social distance, test negative for COVID-19, or show proof of vaccination. The UFC instead provided a notice to ticket buyers that they knowingly accepted the risk of exposure to COVID-19 when they purchased their tickets and would not hold the UFC, the venues, or other parties liable if they contracted COVID-19 at the events.

Imagine treating people like responsible adults who are able to make their own decisions.

Good lord... the timing of this couldn't have been worse...

I tried looking up the cause, but the only article I saw said it wasn't vaccine related... But I'm genuinely curious what happened to her. That's nuts.

I tried looking up the cause, but the only article I saw said it wasn't vaccine related... But I'm genuinely curious what happened to her. That's nuts.
most likely stress.

Why would it possibly be vaccine related? People faint.

Why are more countries not probing China? You have a genetically altered virus that was created using two viruses to created a human wrecking machine. It just happens to leak from a lab in Wuhan that has a track record for this sorta thing. The world is affected both physically and emotionally, but China is gettin' er done.

So many people are brainwashed into accepting this as the new normal. If you've read Rules For Radicals and the Communist Manifesco you'll begin to understand the game plan and tactics being used.

History is repeating itself.

Not sure how true it is but the NIH was funding that lab in Wuhan. People are saying it was funding gain of function research but NIH\Fauci denies this. This is what Josh Rogen is saying. The same guy who released the report about the state department receiving word that the Wuhan labs safety concerns. Basically looking into could get the US in trouble as well.

MMAWeekly:

Why are they taking this cavalier approach? Is this Dana being Dana or what? It would be practically unlikely to prove, but how can they exempt themselves from liability from someone else catching covid from an attendee?

Imagine treating people like responsible adults who are able to make their own decisions.
Decisions for which they will absolutely not take into account any negative externalities.

I mean, why doesn't the EPA just treat corporations as responsible entities able to make their own decisions about regulation?

Decisions for which they will absolutely not take into account any negative externalities.

I mean, why doesn't the EPA just treat corporations as responsible entities able to make their own decisions about regulation?

Wear your mask and shut up lemming...

Wear your mask and shut up lemming...
Whoa, tough talk there. Good thing we're on the internet, so I am also invincible.

images

Btw, now that new cases are less that 1/10th what they were at their peak, I am also glad we are easing restrictions. But the implication that we should have just let people do whatever the hell they wanted in a public health crisis is absolutely asinine.

Back