1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Assuming Patricio wins the GP should he move down to 135 after?

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by ExitLUPin, Nov 12, 2020.

1. ExitLUPin K

Hes already dominated Archuleta

If he wins the GP there really isnt much else for him

might as well become a 3 division champ. Hes not a hooge FW at all

Hendo is the only fighter who has legit titles in 3 weight classes for top orgs if we count tourney wins (Strikeforce LHW champ, PRIDE MW/LHW champ and RINGS King of Kings 99 tourney altho he very controversially won it with robbery over Nog)

stinkynecklace likes this.
  2. Kingz Gold Belt

Since he’s already beat Archuleta. I don’t see why Bellator or Pitbull would consider the move...but who knows..Pitbull might rival Edgar and Bendo as the king of the rematches. He’s about to fight Sanchez a second time, he fought Daniel Straus 4 times, Pat Curran 2 times, Daniel Weichel 2 times, Wilson Reis 2 times

why not Archuleta again?

tbpredator likes this.
  3. Grimmer Banned Banned

There's no monetary incentive to move down and he's already beaten the champ. I don't see the point.

4. careto Black Belt

There will be plenty of matches for Pitbull at FW. He should actually vacate LW and defend FW twice a year after the GP.

5. Hellowhosthat If he dies he dies

If he beats Sanchez and the AJ or Caldwell there's the loser of the second fight, but other than that there's not much for him imo, he'd have beaten Sanchez twice at that point, already beat Weichel. Not sure who else you can put him against though I guess they might get some new signings by then or someone like Borics might improve a lot.

6. stinkynecklace Blue Belt

Legacy

7. stinkynecklace Blue Belt

I agree TS, being a three division champ is great for his legacy. I think it’s crazy how successful he’s been while consistently being the smaller guy. Inside of Bellator, I think it’s his best option. Patricky suggested Patricio will vacate LW so that he can get it. Patricio has mentioned going down for a third title. I think that’s what we will see, regardless of whether or not he wins this tourney.

8. realisum determination is key

Not
    To bust bubbles but he might not beat Caldwell,McKee.

9. tehMoose The slayer of ufc shills

Bellator signed fresh blood for him. I mean if they could build them quickly. Justin Gonzalez (11-0), Usman Nurmagomedov (11-0) and other guys. It's not like he won't have any guys left to fight.

10. skylolow Silver Belt

Patricio is more or less approaching the Chandler/Alvarez area in his career where he has kind of ran his course through the org. You could argue even more so than those two.

Personally, I'd love to see him in the UFC to finish his career while he still has something in the tank. Not sure what his contract timeline is in Bellator though. I know he signed a multi fight new deal in early 2019 and has fought 3 times since then and by the end of the tournament he'd be up to 5 fights. Won't doubt it if his contract was for 6 fights.

11. NoahG Banned Banned

If Dana White wasn't such a greedy pig he would have him fight Volkanovski, they both agreed to it, but Dana won't allow it, as it would benefit Bellator.

12. GueseGuy Yellow Card Yellow Card

Gotta get by Sanchez and McKee first. Not gonna be easy.

13. Hellowhosthat If he dies he dies

If he wins the GP then that's the division pretty much cleaned out. I don't think there are any interesting fights for him at LW really and I don't see the point of dropping to BW if Juan is still the champ given that he's already beaten him.

I'd love for him to go to the UFC with Coker's blessing, but I have a feeling it won't happen and he'll be an unfortunate what if that most people forget about in 10 years.

14. tehMoose The slayer of ufc shills

Remember Chuck vs Rampage in PRIDE? That's why Dana won't allow it <45>

15. Hellowhosthat If he dies he dies

It's not really that. PRIDE and UFC were kind of on an even keel at that point. There's nothing to gain whatsoever for the UFC by co-promoting with Bellator. It wouldn't do big numbers, wouldn't make them a lot of money and they don't have a lot to gain from it.

careto likes this.
  16. NoahG Banned Banned

Cope, it would only make MMA bigger. But it would make Bellator bigger too, that's why Dana doesn't want it, he doesn't care about MMA, he cares about UFC. There's no doubt Patricio Pitbull would win Volkanovski, but he would lose to Khabib.

17. Hellowhosthat If he dies he dies

There's definitely doubt lol. It'd be a great fight, I'm not sure how anyone could say either fighter would comfortably beat the other.

I personally think Max and Zabit are the really bad style matchups for Pitbull in the UFC, but he might well be able to overcome them.

18. NoahG Banned Banned

Ok to be fair there's doubt, but he's the favorite against Volkanovski, and he has a chance against Khabib. Pitbull has great fighting plans, there's a reason why Cejudo and Gastellum travelled to Brazil just to train with him.

19. Hellowhosthat If he dies he dies

Dunno if he has a chance against Khabib, Khabib is absolutely massive compared to him and has a great chin.

20. NoahG Banned Banned

I think he has a chance because of his fight plans, but Khabib is certainly the favorite without a doubt.