Assuming no immediate rematch, who's next for Gus?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by BrainCandy, Sep 21, 2013.

1. BrainCandy

BrainCandy Purple Belt

I am rolling this around in my head and I don't know who to put in the ring with Gus.

Machida would be an interesting match, since Gus has the skills and reach to engage him.

Davis is his training partner, not sure if they want to fight each other or if the UFC would want to risk Davis before a title fight. Davis has no fight scheduled atm though.

Little Nog would make for an entertaining fight. Nog likes to strike and would be fun to watch.

2. legendtony

legendtony Brown Belt

Winner of Henderson vs Belfort

3. W13NER

W13NER Green Belt

Winner of Rashad/Chael.

Cormier?!?

4. JAB2013

JAB2013 Banned Banned

I believe there has to be a rematch. It was a great fight with every round being extremely competitive, even round 4 before Gus got rocked at the end. Neither fighter proved to be superior in this fight and furthermore there hasn't proved to be a clear #1 contender. Obviously Glover is next in line, but he had his troubles with Bader & has been open to the possibility of having another match. I say Jones vs Gustafsson 2 (probaly on the Super Bowl card in Newark) & Davis vs Teixeira