@Gold
Reaction score
who should he be matched up against?

Ricardo Lamas?
Cole Miller/Max Holloway Winner?
Hacran Dias?

Is there anyone else worth mentioning?

Mendes, i need to know who is number 2

Lamas, Mendes or even Faber would all be great fights tho Faber probably won't happen.

who should he be matched up against?

Ricardo Lamas?
Cole Miller/Max Holloway Winner?
Hacran Dias?
Is there anyone else worth mentioning?

Not sure if serious..... Dias headlining a Fox event?

Lamas or Mendes but I bet they wanna give Mendes someone also coming off a loss, like Bermudez.

Well, if he can win his next few fights then he earns his shot at Conor. Otherwise, it's back of the line again for him.

Would like to see Mendes, doubtful since Mendes just lost and that would knock out a contender in Edgar, meanwhile Mendes has to work if he wants another shot. Lamas seems likely. I personally think Edgar would tool Lamas though.

Good question. Here are the only appealing possibilities:

Aldo (won't happen)
McGregor (won't happen)
Mendes (unlikely)
Faber (could happen)
Lamas (likely)

Taking excitement and likelihood into account out of these options I hope it's Faber. Mendes would be awesome too but Mendes just lost to the champ. Lamas would be great competitively but I dunno he just doesn't generate the kind of buzz and excitement a fight against Faber does, and buzz/excitement is exactly what the UFC needs these days especially if they want it to headline FOX

Assuming Edgar isnt getting the next shot, we dont know if he is or not, could depend on schedule and when UFC wants to try and do Aldo/McGregor. If Edgar isnt next then Edgar/Mendes is the fight to make.

Dont know if edgar/lamas is good enough for main event, Edgar/Mendes is.

maybe they go with a Fly title fight like MM vs Creepy/Lineker with Edgar/lamas co main. Put Jim Miller on the card vs Punk, then maybe a HW fight like Nelson/Barnett.

Mendes! If he wants to get another titleshot, make Frankie go through the #2 guy.

It makes perfect sense and mendes is likely the only guy who can beat frankie other than Aldo. I don't think Lamas can stop Frankie.

Back