Assume Gus beats Rumble.....

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by TdotK, Jan 15, 2015.

1. TdotK

TdotK Purple Belt

What adjustments does Gus need to make, and what adjustment does Jones have to make in order to win?

Obviously Jones won the first fight (if you think Gus won, fair enough), but what adjustments can he make to make it more convincing?

When I say adjustments for Jones, I mean, what should he do in between the rounds, besides land a huge spinning elbow to win that round. I don't think he can live off that strike for the rematch.

2. greenseeker

greenseeker Green Belt

Gus needs to go in with a gameplan that doesn't rely on getting the finish. He tends to eat a lot of strikes that may not hurt him, but they still count against him when it comes time for a decision.

By all means, look for the finish, but win the rounds in the meantime.

3. nbkallday

nbkallday White Belt

i think gus should look to use movement to dominate boxing like he did the first time. His conditioning will have to be top notch if he's gonna take angles on jones like he did for most of the first fight. I also think he should consider using his striking to set up takedowns to seal close rounds

4. Post 2 Decision

Post 2 Decision Black Belt

Gus just needs to do the same thing he did in the first fight minus get hit by a fight-losing elbow

5. Seabeast

Seabeast Black Belt

Exactly. Although I still though the won but the elbow turned things around for sure.

6. wartor

wartor Thug #22 Belt

Gus just needs to train for the elbows and keep his boxing sharp. Jones if he actually starts a full training camp and doesn't party, well nobody beats him. So let me add Gus needs to send Jones a package... containing something white and fluffy.