Social [A**holes In The Sky] Flight Attendants Call For A National Ban List For Violent Air Passengers

I saw that last one earlier on the news ticker. Was wondering if he was a local going to Miami or an American returning home? Anyways it says "arrested by local authorities" , in Honduras. I'm assuming that didn't go too well for that dispshit, plus who knows how much he going to pay for the controls repair.

Update: the guy tried to escape through the cockpit's window after destroying the flight controls, but the flight crew pulled him back in.

Should have just left him writhing on the tarmac 25 feet below with broken legs, IMO.

Delta asks the Justice Department to put convicted unruly travelers on a national 'no-fly' list
By Leslie Josephs | FEB 5 2022

Delta Air Lines' CEO Ed Bastian asked the U.S. Department of Justice to put convicted unruly travelers on a national "no-fly" list, the airline's latest effort to deter aggressive behavior on flights that have surged during the pandemic.

Bastian said that while such incidents are rare, a "no-fly" list "will help prevent future incidents and serve as a strong symbol of the consequences of not complying with crew member instructions on commercial aircraft," he wrote to Attorney General Merrick Garland in a letter dated Jan. 3.

The Federal Aviation Administration declared a "zero tolerance" policy for unruly travelers last year. In 2021, it logged a record 5,981 cases of unruly passenger behavior, 72% of them related to disputes over mask compliance. Enforcement actions were initiated in 350 cases. So far this year, the FAA received 323 reports of unruly passengers.

Last September, Delta said airlines should share a central "no-fly" list of unruly passengers, arguing it could prevent individuals barred from flying on one carrier from traveling on another.

Garland instructed prosecutors in November to prioritize cases of disruptive and violent behavior on flights, such as assaults on crew members or passengers. Earlier that month, the FAA said it referred 37 unruly passengers to the FBI.

Delta has barred 1,900 people from flying the carrier for failing to follow the federal mask mandate, it said.

The Justice Department didn't comment on Bastian's letter, which was first reported by Reuters.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/02/05...to-put-unruly-travelers-on-a-no-fly-list.html

Last edited:
What is the point of the no fly list again? If it’s to stop another 9/11, I don’t think that it’s helping.

Delta asks the Justice Department to put unruly travelers on a national 'no-fly' list
By Leslie Josephs | FEB 5 2022

Delta Air Lines' CEO Ed Bastian asked the U.S. Department of Justice to put convicted unruly travelers on a national "no-fly" list, the airline's latest effort to deter aggressive behavior on flights that have surged during the pandemic.

Bastian said that while such incidents are rare, a "no-fly" list "will help prevent future incidents and serve as a strong symbol of the consequences of not complying with crew member instructions on commercial aircraft," he wrote to Attorney General Merrick Garland in a letter dated Jan. 3.

The Federal Aviation Administration declared a "zero tolerance" policy for unruly travelers last year. In 2021, it logged a record 5,981 cases of unruly passenger behavior, 72% of them related to disputes over mask compliance. Enforcement actions were initiated in 350 cases. So far this year, the FAA received 323 reports of unruly passengers.

Last September, Delta said airlines should share a central "no-fly" list of unruly passengers, arguing it could prevent individuals barred from flying on one carrier from traveling on another.

Garland instructed prosecutors in November to prioritize cases of disruptive and violent behavior on flights, such as assaults on crew members or passengers. Earlier that month, the FAA said it referred 37 unruly passengers to the FBI.

Delta has barred 1,900 people from flying the carrier for failing to follow the federal mask mandate, it said.

The Justice Department didn't comment on Bastian's letter, which was first reported by Reuters.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/02/05...to-put-unruly-travelers-on-a-no-fly-list.html

What is the point of the no fly list again?

Read the actual article before posting and you wouldn't have to ask stupid questions.

Last edited:
Maybe the government, airports and airlines should stop making flying so miserable...

Between the TSA cunts, flights always being late and canceled, small seats, mask rules and over priced shit food options I'm usually pretty pissed off by the time I get onto the plane.

I fly a dozen or so times a year. I also live in NY so all of our airports suck major cock...

Flying is a privilege, not a right. Either behave in a reasonable manner or feel free to find alternative means of transport.

I agree to an extent. We all have bad days. I think people should be given one free strike. So you fuck up once you get put on a list but not banned just more of a warning. You do it again and your done.

Delta wants to preclude people from flying altogether because they were convicted of being unruly on a Delta flight?

If I was a Delta competitor, I would fight that and try to secure that person's future business.

I agree to an extent. We all have bad days. I think people should be given one free strike. So you fuck up once you get put on a list but not banned just more of a warning. You do it again and your done.

Depends on the nature of the offence. We've all had bad days, but I've never had one so bad I physically and/or sexually abused someone just for doing their job. But then, I work Retail, and know exactly what it's like from the other side.

Depends on the nature of the offence. We've all had bad days, but I've never had one so bad I physically and/or sexually abused someone just for doing their job. But then, I work Retail, and know exactly what it's like from the other side.

That's true if it's something outrageous then just ban them.

I have no problem with individual airlines banning passengers for behavior on their flights, I’m not convinced that federal restriction on travel is appropriate except in extreme cases.

But, if somebody freaks out on a Delta flight, Delta has good reason to stop doing business with them.

On the one hand this seems like a good idea but on the other hand crew members can be dicks, but people will tend to assume the passenger is at fault.

I think a hefy fine is better than an all out ban, unless the incident is serious and the evidence against the passenger is overwhelming.

The airlines will never stop asking the government to assume 100% of the risk related to their operations

I have no problem with individual airlines banning passengers for behavior on their flights, I’m not convinced that federal restriction on travel is appropriate except in extreme cases.

But, if somebody freaks out on a Delta flight, Delta has good reason to stop doing business with them.
The airlines want government to handle everything so they can't be sued. Did it with security after 9/11. They get bailed out with billions once every few years too. What a great industry. Socialize the losses, privatize the profits.

On the one hand this seems like a good idea but on the other hand crew members can be dicks, but people will tend to assume the passenger is at fault.

I think a hefy fine is better than an all out ban, unless the incident is serious and the evidence against the passenger is overwhelming.

If the incident warrants an arrest followed by ann actual conviction by the DOJ, ofcourse it's serious, and with all the cellphone footages these days (plus literally a hundred witnesses on the flight), none of the violent bitches featured in this thread even attempted to claim they are innocent in their court appearances.

And yes, as the title suggests, Delta's proposal is a unified ban list for those who not only have been tossed from the flight and banned by the airlines, but the transgression is serious enough for them to be convicted by the Department of Justice.

Last edited:
Man tries to open door during Delta flight to spread his anti-vaccine views
Flight lands safely in Portland after a flight attendant shut the door
By Scott D. Pierce | Feb. 16, 2022​

A man who tried to open an emergency exit door on a flight from Salt Lake City to Portland is facing federal charges. He told police he did it to draw attention to his anti-COVID vaccine views.

According to the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Oregon, the 32-year-old man, who lives in Portland, was on a Delta Air Lines flight on Friday when he tried to open the door while the plane was in flight. Witnesses told investigators the suspect “removed the plastic covering over the emergency exit handle and forcefully pulled on the handle.”

When a flight attendant ordered the the man to stop, he complied and moved to the rear of the plane, where he was restrained by the flight crew. The Register-Guard in Eugene, Oregon, reported that a passenger on the flight said the man began trying to open the door about 20 minutes after takeoff, adding that “the screeching of the wind and the change in pressure was felt by everyone,” and that a flight attendant was able to shut the door.

According to the U.S. Attorney’s Office, when the plane landed in Portland the suspect told police he “created the disturbance so other passengers would video record him sharing his personal views” about COVID-19 vaccines. The Register-Guard obtained a video showing the man shouting, “We’re all being lied to, wake up!” and “The Earth is bleeding, the international community hates the United States of America!” as he was being taken off the plane.

The suspect has been charged with threatening to interfere and interfering with a flight crew and attendants. He is being being detained “pending further court proceedings,” according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2022/02/16/man-tries-open-door/

Last edited:
Back