Assault Bike Accountability Thread

Found obvious life hack so it's not dreadful staring at the clock.
Find some street knockout vids and put phone on display rack, time flew by.

Sorry I know this is an echo/assault bike and airdyne thread but I just got a ski erg last week and it’s been kicking my ass. Been getting about 30 minutes per day broken up into 10-15 minute pieces.

Ski erg
20 minutes. 3000 meters today.
Damper set to 3

working on my form. Definitely pulling harder with my right side.

Feeling good.

Edit. Between afternoon calls Did an extra 1000 meters. 6 minutes total.

Last edited:
Skierg

2 x 2000m w/5 minute rest in between
Each set took about 13 minutes.

I like this thing. It gives the same sort of workout i used to get when I did kettlebell long cycle but is less grind on my shoulders.

Skierg

2 x 2000m w/5 minute rest in between
Each set took about 13 minutes.

I like this thing. It gives the same sort of workout i used to get when I did kettlebell long cycle but is less grind on my shoulders.
Way back in the day, I started doing a lot of rowing.
Ended up doing sets of about 1.4km averaging 1 min 42 per 500 m with 10 burpees during the 1 minute rest. That was horrendous.
edit; by sets I mean 4 going up to 5. It will be in my training log from around 2012.
Managed to steady state it for 8km at a average pace of 1 min 50 and 0.4 seconds. You have no idea how annoying it is to have fallen off the wagon and not managed to get to sub 1 min 50.

Did a 50km single rowing stint because I left it too long for the 100km challenge I was doing; took me like 3 hours during the night when everyone else on the ship was asleep.

Way back in the day, I started doing a lot of rowing.
Ended up doing sets of about 1.4km averaging 1 min 42 per 500 m with 10 burpees during the 1 minute rest. That was horrendous.
edit; by sets I mean 4 going up to 5. It will be in my training log from around 2012.
Managed to steady state it for 8km at a average pace of 1 min 50 and 0.4 seconds. You have no idea how annoying it is to have fallen off the wagon and not managed to get to sub 1 min 50.

Did a 50km single rowing stint because I left it too long for the 100km challenge I was doing; took me like 3 hours during the night when everyone else on the ship was asleep.
Damn that’s a nice pace you had going. So you don’t row anymore?

Damn that’s a nice pace you had going. So you don’t row anymore?
I fell out with it.
The last time I was consistent I was doing a warm up set of like 4k - 5k at around 1 min 49 and killing myself before going deadlifting and squatting (ie it was a warm up). Now I've training in the morning, I don't have the time or inclination given I'm cycling to work and back which is 5 miles as well, so that has sort of become the warm up.
Funnily enough I was just looking up rowing machines before I checked sherdog again. We're moving in to a new house from where I don't need to move every 2 years, so I can seek to buy my own gym gear (namely rowing machine and power rack if the garage is big enough).

If you look at my training log and dig back to 2012 (jesus, maybe even Sep 2011 when I was doing the sets of 1.4k) you can see the progression and load when I was hitting those 1 min 44 pace levels.

I fell out with it.
The last time I was consistent I was doing a warm up set of like 4k - 5k at around 1 min 49 and killing myself before going deadlifting and squatting (ie it was a warm up). Now I've training in the morning, I don't have the time or inclination given I'm cycling to work and back which is 5 miles as well, so that has sort of become the warm up.
Funnily enough I was just looking up rowing machines before I checked sherdog again. We're moving in to a new house from where I don't need to move every 2 years, so I can seek to buy my own gym gear (namely rowing machine and power rack if the garage is big enough).

If you look at my training log and dig back to 2012 (jesus, maybe even Sep 2011 when I was doing the sets of 1.4k) you can see the progression and load when I was hitting those 1 min 44 pace levels.
I’ll check the log out!

I take it you’re in the military?

Ski erg
5000 meters. 31:45 minutes.

First 5k on this thing. I think I should be able to break 30 minutes by January.

sidenote. The workout on the ski is a lot different than lower body based cardio for me. I’m able to get my HR up pretty high but my rate of breathing is still pretty controlled.

running and biking on the other hand I’m usually breathing much more rapidly.

Ski erg
2 x 15 minutes
Bumped the damper up to 4 today. Pace was slower than yesterday.

1st set 2200 meters
2nd set 2300 meters

Skierg

5000m
34 minutes.

slowed the pace today to keep my heart rate lower.

Did the concept 2 WoD today

2000m
1500m
1000m
500m

3 minutes rest in between sets.

Erg WOD
- 2 min light in between each set

4 min
3 min
2 min
1 min