Assassins! No game wil be released in 2016, Ubi taking time off to polish the series

I just can't get into AC3. I find the wilderness boring, and as someone who's not American, I can't get interested in colonial America as a setting. 1770's Boston? No thanks.

I just can't get into AC3. I find the wilderness boring, and as someone who's not American, I can't get interested in colonial America as a setting. 1770's Boston? No thanks.

See, I'm just the opposite with it's setting. Being from small town Canada and someone who spends lots of time outdoors, I loved the setting myself of AC3. Rogue has a similar vibe when it comes to it's setting for the most part as well.

About damn time. The series has been running in circles ever since AC3. The "kitchen sink" gameplay is played out.

Take a step back, and make a true stealth/assassination game. The stealth in these games always sucked, so I'd like to see them just focus on that, along with making a strong narrative with none of the animus bullshit.

Who am I kidding though? They're going to wait a while, and then drop a trailer that shows the game taking place in ancient Japan, because that's all everyone has been begging for since AC2. The gameplay will be relatively unchanged, but it will have a great setting and everyone will praise the shit out of it, and the cycle will continue.

They need to kill the external storyline and just make period pieces.

I'm just remembering this now and as dumb as it sounds, those Desmond sequences may have gone a long way into why I never looked into the Uncharted series all that much.

I wanted to play Rogue because it's the game that links Unity with the others. I want to know if it's just the guy Shay murders or anything more.

I wanted to play Rogue because it's the game that links Unity with the others. I want to know if it's just the guy Shay murders or anything more.

I haven't played Unity yet so I couldn't tell you the ways Rogue links to Unity beyond the end game mission in it. But you do have a couple/few other missions in France with Shay beyond just the one.

I loved AC1 and the Ezio Trilogy. Revelations started to feel like it was getting old though. I actually enjoyed 3 and thought it was a nice new step. 4 I didn't love but I also thought it was a nice departure. Unity is the first one I just can't get into. It feels like it's back to the same old grind. The story isn't good, I don't like the characters and the gameplay is tiresome. I'm sure Rogue and Syndicate are just the same.

If they do an Egypt AC, I'll have to play that one because I've always wanted to see it. I think they really need to get back to basics. It's gotten too big, too sci-fi and too confusing.

i don't think people would have stood for another shitty installment. They really milked it without advancing the game at all. Like realllllly milked it. I'll be interested to see whats new

I couldn't get through 3. It had such potential and just fell flat for me.

I couldn't get through 3. It had such potential and just fell flat for me.

I don't know what it is, but everything involving "Native Americans" bores the shit out of me. Movies, TV shows, video games, etc. Just can't get into their culture. Once I see that something is focused on them, it's immediate Zzzzz.

I loved AC1 and the Ezio Trilogy. Revelations started to feel like it was getting old though. I actually enjoyed 3 and thought it was a nice new step. 4 I didn't love but I also thought it was a nice departure. Unity is the first one I just can't get into. It feels like it's back to the same old grind. The story isn't good, I don't like the characters and the gameplay is tiresome. I'm sure Rogue and Syndicate are just the same.

If they do an Egypt AC, I'll have to play that one because I've always wanted to see it. I think they really need to get back to basics. It's gotten too big, too sci-fi and too confusing.
Rogue is Black Flag playing with a templar, some people say it's even better.

Rogue is Black Flag playing with a templar, some people say it's even better.

Yeah, basically. Save for a few minor additions the gameplay was practically identical. Not exactly a bad thing though since Black Flag may have had the funnest gameplay in the series. I liked both the story and setting of Rogue better than Black Flag, and it was great to see some returning characters from other AC games. I'd give Black Flag the advantage with things like the main character, better and more immersive side content, as well as it's overall length. Maybe some other things too. Probably my two favourite games in the series though.

Great news I've been saying this since AC3, though Black Flag was surprisingly good, they needed to take a break and improve the series other than a new city and a few gameplay mechanics. Shit got stale. Unfortunately I would have liked to see them take 3 years off from the series, I think they're just gonna skip this year and come out with a new one next year.

I skipped Unity as it didn't look interesting to me at all and reviews showed I was right, Syndicate looks decent, but I'll probably wait till its in the bargain bin to get it.

Good it's about time. This franchise is suffering from franchise fatigue. They need to build hype for this series again cause they are driving it into the ground like Activision did with Guitar Hero.

I haven't played Black Flag or Rogue. I'm about 2/3rds to 3/4ths through 3, and that's where I've been since 2013. I've kind of given up on the series honestly. I actually own both IV and Rogue; I've just yet to finish 3 and move on (I don't care for it).
Black Flag is a blast if you like pirates. Honestly it was more of a pirate game with the Assassins Creed engine for me. Plus it was a bonus after spending time in the Caribbean, the Keys, Ocracoke Island and Central America, going to those places in the game felt that much cooler.

Back