Assassins! No game wil be released in 2016, Ubi taking time off to polish the series

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by vanzellam82, Feb 11, 2016.

1. vanzellam82

vanzellam82 Silver Belt

2. method115

method115 Titanium Belt

Could care less the series has been ruined at this point for me. They released Unity and Rogue on different gens so now I have no way of playing rogue and keeping the story in tact. On top of that AC unity had a horrible story it was just boring and I quit playing. After AC1,3,4 are the only ones I've liked so far. 2 was horrible but I was able to force my way through it just to get the story.

3. erhnamdjinn

erhnamdjinn Purple Belt

man I played unity also first downloaded a 6gig patch played the game it was gorgeous but boring plus wtf was with the micro transactions. I didnt bother with syndicate anymore. I have black flag but havent started it yet.

4. RJ43

RJ43 The Baddy

I liked Unity. I know I'm the only one, though. The assassination missions were the best in the series, IMO.

This is long overdue. They need to overhaul the entire game play mechanic of this series and get a over arching story that people actually care about.

5. Total Immortal

Total Immortal Blackhawk Belt Platinum Member

You're not alone, Unity was a good game. Ruined reputation due to bugs at the time of release, but the big patch fixed nearly all of them.

Syndicate was also a step in the right direction, very fun game, and finally a little more info on the modern day.

I'm happy they're taking some time off though. No need for AC to be a yearly series anyways. Rumor is the next game is supposedly ancient Egypt.

6. Yari

Yari ななせまる

About time. They hauled in enough cash with this franchise. Time to use that money and make some actual progress.

7. fightdonttweet

fightdonttweet Banned Banned

They need to kill the external storyline and just make period pieces.

8. echohead

echohead Black Belt

seriously; talk about a way to remove any meaning from the gameplay 'No you aren't doing any of this, you are just remembering it'

TheWorm likes this.
  9. GearSolidMetal

GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom. Platinum Member

Hopefully the break will give them time to realise they need to complete a game before releasing it.

The last few in the series have been glitchy messes.

10. GhostZ06

GhostZ06 Steel Belt

lol good, now if only stupid ass COD would do the same.

11. Blayt7hh

Blayt7hh Gold Belt

It needs like a good 5 years off and a major overhaul before I'll ever care again. They aren't bad games at all, I have just felt like they have been played out for a loooong time now.

Also, get rid of that retarded animus shit ffs

12. GearSolidMetal

GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom. Platinum Member

What are the sales figures of the recent games, as compared to the first ones?

13. Sharkey

Sharkey Who finishes 2nd?

I read about this not that long ago. Probably less than a couple of weeks ago, and while Unity sold okay, Syndicate was an utter failure in the sales department compared to what the series used to sell. I think it sold about half of what Unity sold if I'm remembering correctly. AC3 was still the best selling AC game with Black Flag not too far behind it. AC2 was their 3rd best seller from what I recall.

14. TheWorm

TheWorm Red Belt

Say what? 2 was the best one!

TheGZA, Torrid and InvertedCross like this.
  15. Sharkey

Yeah, him saying that surprised me too. Being partial to Black Flag and then probably Rogue after that, I don't think I'd personally put AC2 down as the best one. But it was definitely up there and probably 3rd for me. The majority of people seem to be in line with your thinking, though, and do call it the best one to date in the series.

16. InvertedCross

InvertedCross Banned Double Yellow Card

That's Good news imo they've been putting out game after game to milk the franchise. After awhile It just gets repetitive AF I like the AC franchise but it needs to be revamped/polished.

Btw does anyone else want a new Prince of Persia game?

17. InvertedCross

InvertedCross Banned Double Yellow Card

Was way better than the first not sure how anyone could like the first one better. AC2 was the highlight of the series imo

18. Sharkey

I preferred both the setting and main character of AC1 over AC2 by a little bit on both points, but other that that, I really can't think of anything else from the top that would give AC1 an edge. Each to their own personal preferences though.

19. TheWorm

TheWorm Red Belt

I haven't played Black Flag or Rogue. I'm about 2/3rds to 3/4ths through 3, and that's where I've been since 2013. I've kind of given up on the series honestly. I actually own both IV and Rogue; I've just yet to finish 3 and move on (I don't care for it).

20. Sharkey

AC3 is the last one I finished as well having only did so a few months ago. I played and finished all the other ones on last gen before that. My brother in law gave me his copy of AC3 a couple of years ago and I could never run it on my PS3. Used to freeze all the time on me early in the game (same spot every time soon after you get off the ship and talk with Lee). Bought a digital version of it last year during an AC sale for a few bucks and finally got around to playing it. I enjoyed it enough. Enjoyed a few others more and then a few others less. I imagine playing it so late helped me avoid a lot of the technical issues the game had early on after release though. I had a pretty clean play through without all the things that others had to deal with.