quadz

Height: 5'10-5'11
Weight: 200 lbs

PRs
Bench:225
Squat 315
Deadlift: 370

All time total: 910

Been lifting for about a year still pretty weak and havnt broke 1000 total yet but that is the goal.

hit 315 about 1 week after 275 lbs.

Also starting smolov with one of my good buddies so i will posting my progress monday, wednesday, and friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your first post should have just been a pic of dem wheels.

GL with your training.

I'm on my phone right now, so I can't post a long reply, but your squat needs a lot of work.

You're going to hurt yourself.

Maybe start a form check thread in the forum.

I'm on my phone right now, so I can't post a long reply, but your squat needs a lot of work.

You're going to hurt yourself.

Maybe start a form check thread in the forum.

yea i havnt squatted in forever so ill definitely need to work on it , thanks man !

Live always thought the term ass to grass was a bit weird.
I mean where is the grass?
Good luck with your goals!

you need to work on your flexibility. your heels came off the ground trying to go that deep. be careful brah.

Live always thought the term ass to grass was a bit weird.
I mean where is the grass?
Good luck with your goals!

hahaha thanks CRZA !

you need to work on your flexibility. your heels came off the ground trying to go that deep. be careful brah.

thanks salad! definitely need to work on that and i also need a pair of flat shoes, those adidas running shoes are definitely not good for squatting.

Today's routine was not so bad I thought it would be much tougher

45 lb 2x5
135 lb 2x5
185 lb 2x5
225 lb 2x1
225 lb 5x7

Back was pretty sore today but overall good workout !

Last edited by a moderator:
So you're going to go the route of not fixing your squat.

Got it.

That sound quality is horrible holy fuck

So you're going to go the route of not fixing your squat.

Got it.

I tried staying on my heels and going down slower and staying in control. It could be my shoes that are messing up my squat. What do you think I can work on ?

What kind of shoes are those? It looks like it has cushioning that is causing you to rock your feet during the lift. Just lift in your socks if you don't have any flat shoes.

Edit: i just saw your post on top of the page. Running shoes are not good for squatting, i'm sure you already know that.

Smolov
135x2x5
185x2x5
225x2x2
240x7x5

tougher than previous squat session, didn't get a chance to record was trying out a new gym.

It looks like you lowered your training max from your actual max for smolov. That's a great idea. Unlike most here, I don't think it's that horrible to go ahead and do smolov this early in your training career, especially since you lowered your max. You have a partner to hold you accountable and you'll get plenty of practice squatting. I did it right after SS and I think the end of SS might have actually been tougher. What is horrible is that you didn't video your squats. Next time record that shit and post a form check video in the main forum.

Back