Aspen Ladd is a monster

Mr_Hodge

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Her stand-up is shit, she just plods forward like a dickhead, but shes so tough that it works, and makes it easy for her to clinch, and she's so powerful and controlling on the ground, like, she controlled Sijara who is absolute class on the ground.
I'd personally match her against Ketelin Veira next as a number 1 contender fight, but how do you see her doing against the elite in the division such as Holm.
And: any gifs from that fight?

Holly Holm would have KOd her stiff if she tried standing and trading. However, her wrestling seemed decent enough. Still think Holm would “ish ish” her way to an easy decision .

Her stand-up is shit, she just plods forward like a dickhead, but shes so tough that it works, and makes it easy for her to clinch, and she's so powerful and controlling on the ground, like, she controlled Sijara who is absolute class on the ground.
I'd personally match her against Ketelin Veira next as a number 1 contender fight, but how do you see her doing against the elite in the division such as Holm.
And: any gifs from that fight?

Holly Holm would have KOd her stiff if she tried standing and trading. However, her wrestling seemed decent enough. Still think Holm would “ish ish” her way to an easy decision .
Yeah deffo, however, Holms punching is fairly weak and Ladds heavy pressure and toughness could take the threat of the head kick out whilst theyre on the feet and she's looking for the clinch

I was hoping for the finish in the second. She should have been able to get the finish. She was totally under the chin. But, I’ll take the win.

Personally, I was more impressed with Felicia Spencer. Good thing for Aspen that Fee can’t make that cut.

Edit. And wtf was that 3rd round fight IQ? Let’s stand with this girl where she has the advantage. Right after we just took her down early and completely dominated round 2. No shit, after she couldn’t put away that fight in round two, I was dumbfounded by what I saw in round three. I believe she finally clinched with about a minute to go. And certainly didn’t go all out to get Sarje down during that minute.

Like I said...I’ll take the win, but it was far from impressive.

Last edited:
I was hoping for the finish in the second. She should have been able to get the finish. She was totally under the chin. But, I’ll take the win.

Personally, I was more impressed with Felicia Spencer. Good thing for Aspen that Fee can’t make that cut.
Na, Anderson just isn't that good.

Just checked the judges scores and they all had different scores for Ladd winning. Lol

Derek Cleary: 29-28
Eric Colón: 30-26
Bryan Miner: 29-27

Just checked the judges scores and they all had different scores for Ladd winning. Lol

Derek Cleary: 29-28
Eric Colón: 30-26
Bryan Miner: 29-27
Scratching my head because of that 30-26 scorecard.

Her stand-up is shit, she just plods forward like a dickhead, but shes so tough that it works, and makes it easy for her to clinch, and she's so powerful and controlling on the ground...

If there was no "she" in the above quote, I could swear you're referring to Ben Askren. And, I think that's kind of where Ladd is; she'll get lit up by great strikers like Holm/Nunes...but that doesn't necessarily mean that Ladd will lose (i.e.Ben's head and face destruction at the hands of Robbie). She is clearly Top 5 at Bantam weight. She may lose to the champ or Holm, but she is so young and so determined; one has to believe she would come back stronger and more lethal. Still, I think you nailed it: Ladd needs to fight Viera for a number 1 contender spot. Battle of the unbeatens. Not sure Nunes and/or Holm will still be fighting in the UFC two years from now...in that case, it will become Aspen Ladd's world.

Jarl

Last edited:
Interesting performance by Ladd for sure. I haven’t watched many of Eubanks fights but after the Tonya Evinger blowout I thought she would obliterate Sijara. Looked tentative in the 1st but once she turned it on in the 2nd round I thought it would be over shortly after that.

To say she needs to work on her striking is an understatement but I’m almost glad they pulled Holly from that match up after watching this fight. Aspen is a beast with the ground and pound but let’s get some more striking under her belt first.

Interesting performance by Ladd for sure. I haven’t watched many of Eubanks fights but after the Tonya Evinger blowout I thought she would obliterate Sijara. Looked tentative in the 1st but once she turned it on in the 2nd round I thought it would be over shortly after that.

To say she needs to work on her striking is an understatement but I’m almost glad they pulled Holly from that match up after watching this fight. Aspen is a beast with the ground and pound but let’s get some more striking under her belt first.
Sijara is a tough bitch though mate, and better than her record would make her look

Back