Aspartame exposed in the press

I AM THE MAN!!!... Ok, I'm not. :icon_cry2

Diet soda, its essentially a mixture of water and chemicals isn't it?

I was under the impression splenda was the exacly the same as sugar, yet had one OH flipped and therefore cannot bind to the enzyme and the body excretes it. It is similar, if not exactly, an isoform.

Same with D and L isoforms of amino acids. The D isoforms will not clog your colon or build up in your testies. It just gets secreted.

Additionally it is not any more "chemical" than sugar itself, just one part is rotated a bit differently.

What is twice bleached sugar?

This is what I got online,

Sucralose is a non-caloric sweetener, also known by the trade name Splenda....It is manufactured by the selective chlorination of sucrose, by which three of sucrose's hydroxyl groups are substituted with chlorine atoms to produce 1,6-dichloro-1,6-dideoxy-β-D-fructo-furanosyl 4-chloro-4-deoxy-α-D-galactopyranoside. Unlike aspartame, it is stable under heat and over a broad range of pH conditions, and can be used in baking, or in products that require a long shelf life.

I seem to be a bit wrong, and I assume you are wrong also, but that is because I don't know what you mean by twice bleached sugar.

When administered orally, between 11-27% of sucralose is absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract in male humans. The remaining sucralose is excreted in faeces. Following gastrointestinal absorption, between 20-30% of the sucralose is broken down to two metabolites. The remaining sucralose is excreted in urine.

The immunotoxicity of sucralose was assessed in groups of Sprague-Dawley rats (13/sex/group) dosed by gavage with 0-3000 mg/kg bw/day for 28 days. A significant decrease in mean thymus weight was noted in males dosed with 3000 mg/kg bw/day. The NOEL for immunological endpoints was determined to be 750 mg/kg bw/day (USFDA 1998).

So, the thymus is used in the immune system. The only group that had an actual reaction is the 3 gram/kg bw/day for 28 days. Now to be safe I wouldn't take 1/2 that dose just because it isn't worth it. My diet consists of less than 0.1% of that dose though so I am not worried at all.

Remember, just because in HUGE doses you get negative side effects doesn't mean it should never be taken. All this info was taken from Wikipedia.

This is a really good thread. I now know the truth about Diet Sodas. I have actually been avoiding them while at college, and I can tell I look better. Diet Soda is just as bad as normal soda.

Twice bleached sugar is just easier for some to understand Rjkd.

processed, refined sugar (bleached)

then essentially add another chlorine molecure (bleach)

Just easy to comprehend.

I try to keep it simple...we seem toget alot of scientific explanations, theories and such.
It's getting overwhelming...minds need a break sometimes.

I agree simple is good, but sometimes a more specific explanation is good. Why do the minds have to rest? Read up and learn about it so you can make a better decision on a product, or learn about a system so when another product comes out you understand it. Never stop learning, same with fighting.

When you discuss fighting i"m sure you like better explanations. Instead of "now push through" you prefer to know exact knee placement, where the foot is, do you post a hand somewhere, are you on your toes or heels etc... This is just the same thing. We should always have both examples, simple for the people not interested; and since we clearly have a few people who enjoy discussing things on a more difficult level, a more specific, less ambigious explanation.

I agree....we cater to all here.

Im in the stratosphere right now and have been for a few months.
Meditation.

No room for science right now.

(I can see you shaking your head Rjkd.)

I can remember an article a few years ago from the FDA that said. If you eat 1,000 lbs of bacon a day for 6 months you will get cancer. Are you kidding me? My ex wife is close to that and she is still alive. WTF.?

your wife is close to eating 1000 lbs of bacon every day for 6 months?!?!

wait... sarcasm is hard to read on the internet

Chad Hamilton said:
I agree....we cater to all here.

Im in the stratosphere right now and have been for a few months.
Meditation.

No room for science right now.

(I can see you shaking your head Rjkd.)

Haha, that would explain some of your posts.

Back