ASoIaF/GoT MEGA-SPOILERS Thread v16 - Wherever Spoilers Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping they open the next episode with Tyrion vomiting, no reestablishing context.

Well Arya getting on the boat, Bran meeting Leaf and BR, Dany chaining the dragons, and Tywin and Shae getting killed will all be episode 10, but I do agree that a LSH reveal might be the last scene. I think Stannis won't charge the wildlings until the opening of episode 10. Episode 9 will end on a cliffhanger at dawn just before the ceasefire or with Jon being sent to parley/ die in the morning.

I don't think they'll change to location of the crossbow shot. Between the groin and the navel is a perfect location for a swift death via blood loss (sever the abdominal aorta).

Hah, forgot about Tywin.

I guess Shae's death will be pretty graphic and not just a line or two. Legs and arms thrashing about as she's being strangled.

How do you up the graphicness of Tywin's death? Shoot him in the eye, mouth or throat? Then he doesn't get to say his last line. Or is that how they're going to take out Ygritte?

Karl's death was unnecessarily gruesome, too. I watched that and thought, well, that's an odd place to stab a guy.

Shae's head explodes from the pressure.

And since the writers don't like subtelty, Tywin still gets shot in the belly falls forward off the toilet and lands face down, ass up. His ass explodes showering the surroundings with poop. And then Tyrion mentions he did not indeed shit gold.

What's the over/under on the battle at the Wall being just a "here they come -- cut to the next morning with a few dozen bodies by the gate" kind of scene?

What's the over/under on the battle at the Wall being just a "here they come -- cut to the next morning with a few dozen bodies by the gate" kind of scene?

I think we're looking at 40+ minutes out of 60 being battle at the wall. That would include the attack from the south and the main host hitting the gate.

I think we're looking at 40+ minutes out of 60 being battle at the wall. That would include the attack from the south and the main host hitting the gate.

Hope they don't waste too much time with the attack from the south, then.

so much fucking filler in this episode.

& what are we to make of Sansa? obviously she's playing the game now - but it's like she's giving off this whorish, evil demeanor.

Missandei's tates 8]

& Oberyn's death was fucking korajee

I hope they don't credit Stephen Dillane and Liam Cunningham in next episode's opening. That would ruin the surprise. It's going to be weird seeing Kit Harrington as 1st billed.

Did anyone else think someone fucked up with how the Ser Friendzone scene went?

^ I thought Danearys was super creepy. her eyes mang. poor acting, not up to par in my opinion

I may be in the minority but I liked it.

The look on his face was gut wrenching. It will be that much sadder when Tyrion runs into him at the whorehouse with a Dany look alike in his lap.

Besides the silly acting it was WAY too rushed. As a member of the audience, it was stupid that Jorah (flawed person tho he may be) couldn't point out that her father and brother were fucking psychopaths and there was no reason to suspect she wasn't one either until much later... and also that he stopped reporting on her of his own volition and quietly joined her instead basically making him a true believer and ally. Nobody forced him to switch sides, plus he could have fucking killed her himself ages ago.

I mean the guy wanted to redeem his family name and just go home. The fact that he put that aside for her and she still kicks him out was just fucking stupid... and that notwithstanding, the whole scene was rushed, plus really stupid seeing how like one episode ago she was even handed and merciful with that fucking lying shit faced bastard Hizdahr loraq.

I don't remember the Ser Friendzone scene from the book but I'm sure it was longer than this one was. it was needed, but way too short. just shite.

The actual scene I was fine with, but if I didn't read the book i'd be wondering why Jorah wasn't saying he stopped sending them notes and why Dany was acting extreme.

Shae's head explodes from the pressure.

And since the writers don't like subtelty, Tywin still gets shot in the belly falls forward off the toilet and lands face down, ass up. His ass explodes showering the surroundings with poop. And then Tyrion mentions he did not indeed shit gold.

Completely feasible.
For real.

IDK what happened, but Seano, I'm inclined to believe that if you got dubs, you probably deserved it.

Most of the rest of these guys are cool. Like a reverse Half Baked.

At the beginning , there was no rules about spoiling a 20 year old book.

When everyone got pissy about it and starting getting dubs, I asked people in the thread to stop asking people for spoilers because it was getting people in trouble and to feel free to PM me if they had questions.

I got dubs for that.

I don't really do much on this site thats against the rules.

^ I thought Danearys was super creepy. her eyes mang. poor acting, not up to par in my opinion

That's what I was talking about, the acting by Emilia Clarke in that scene felt slightly phoned in. I understand maybe her character didn't want to look Ser Friendzone in the eye but instead of staring OVER the top of his head she's off looking at Barristan's sword to her right.

I may be in the minority but I liked it.

The look on his face was gut wrenching. It will be that much sadder when Tyrion runs into him at the whorehouse with a Dany look alike in his lap.

The scene, the way it was done minus the leadup being rushed, was good. It was just the acting itself was very.... blah.

Besides the silly acting it was WAY too rushed. As a member of the audience, it was stupid that Jorah (flawed person tho he may be) couldn't point out that her father and brother were fucking psychopaths and there was no reason to suspect she wasn't one either until much later... and also that he stopped reporting on her of his own volition and quietly joined her instead basically making him a true believer and ally. Nobody forced him to switch sides, plus he could have fucking killed her himself ages ago.

I mean the guy wanted to redeem his family name and just go home. The fact that he put that aside for her and she still kicks him out was just fucking stupid... and that notwithstanding, the whole scene was rushed, plus really stupid seeing how like one episode ago she was even handed and merciful with that fucking lying shit faced bastard Hizdahr loraq.

I don't remember the Ser Friendzone scene from the book but I'm sure it was longer than this one was. it was needed, but way too short. just shite.

That whole scene even in the book I have an issue with. She sends Jorah and Barristan off to do something together hoping they both die and when they both return she kicks Jorah out but not Barristan when Barristan went from protecting her family to protecting the man that killed her older brother Rhaegar.

lol at the TV thread.

"hmmm I really expected Oberyn to use poison. Why didn't he use poison? His name is the viper!!!1"

I thought it was a good episode. Only issues I had was the Missendi/Grey Worm bullshit and Emilia Clarke.

They skipped a lot of stuff with Sansa. Depending on what they do, they essentially skipped almost all her stuff from Feast. We all knew she would eventually be revealed but it's still weird to be surprised by the show. I don't mind being spoiled at this point.

Looks like next week they only focus on the Wall. I think the show is at its best when there are only two or three characters it focuses on. It kind of sucks that we have to wait two weeks to see the Tyrion/Tywin/Shae drama unfold but it'll be worth the wait. The show is good about portraying the major events from the books so I'm confident Tywin's death and Tyrion's escape will be good.

Only thing that might annoy me is if they don't end the season with Stoneheart. I read books 2-5 unspoiled and that was an awesome way to end book three.

lol at the TV thread.

"hmmm I really expected Oberyn to use poison. Why didn't he use poison? His name is the viper!!!1"

I stay away from the TV thread except to read reactions after major deaths. One guy was "guessing" that Jaime could get Varys to help Tyrion escape and show him secrets paths to use to get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back