ASoIaF/GoT MEGA-SPOILERS Thread v16 - Wherever Spoilers Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pedro is such a boss. I was gutted even though I knew it was coming.

If Stannis doesn't show up the wall in Ep 9/10, I will riot.

I'll also riot if they keep fucking things up about the MANNIS.

Ugh. i knew it was coming. All season I knew it would happen.

759.gif

I am not ashamed.

Finally brought myself to watch the last bit. I actually turned it off right as the Mountain was grabbing Oberyn's leg.

That shit was gory.

Brings me back to when I first read that scene, I was so angry at GRRM that I threw the book across the room and had to take a break for a bit.

Finally brought myself to watch the last bit. I actually turned it off right as the Mountain was grabbing Oberyn's leg.

That shit was gory.

Brings me back to when I first read that scene, I was so angry at GRRM that I threw the book across the room and had to take a break for a bit.

Ah, a fellow book tosser? Yup. I remember I actually read the Tyrion chapter preceding the duel and thought I was going to go to sleep when I finished said chapter. After it ended I realized I had to go through a POV chapter of EVERY. GODDAMN. CHARACTER. to get back to Tyrion and read the duel.

That's exactly what i did. Something like 80 pages iirc just to get to the chapter I needed to read. Then that shit happened. Oh, man. That book got TOSSED. Then I got no sleep.

Over/under 3 days until thread title gets deleted because people will PM a mod and cry that it's a spoiler?

I didn't delete the previous one, and didn't see a problem w/ it, but you guys are really being whiny about a thread title on an mma forum.

Man, Sansa fucking nailed it on so many levels. People here in the Mayberry nailed it as well, the consensus was that she went in to King's Landing with a BA in courtier niceties and came out with a PhD in hardcore GOT strategery.

Better the devil you know/better to gamble on the man you know than strangers you don't = pretty basic stuff.

Knowing a man's motivations and his goals, and incorporating that into your own strategy while keeping your own cards close to your chest? That's some next level shit.

Hespect.

If you look up the word "filler" in an encyclopedia, there will be a picture of Grey Worm and Missandei having a conversation above the description.

I don't like the Grey Worm Missandei love story. Regardless of Grey Worm being a eunuch, it takes away from the aura of the unsullied being 'terminator-esque'. I mean, they're supposed to be practically robotic killers. The idea of one falling in love is dumb.

The people wanted to see her tits for the longest time, it would have been weird even for GoT to just have a like a 10 second shot of her tits after the opening and then carry on with things.

Also, the unsullied commander having feelings for someone could be a way to instill doubts about Dany's main muscle.

Nevertheless...tits.

I got dubs for "lording info about GOT over the forum." I shit you not.

That'll teach ya!

If Stannis doesn't show up the wall in Ep 9/10, I will riot.

I'll also riot if they keep fucking things up about the MANNIS.

I think 9/10 is going to be Tywin shitting gold, 10/10 will be the wildlings launching an attack on the wall and Bran meeting the children of the forest. I don't think the Mannis will make an appearance until next season.

I think the show should have just had the mountain drop a bunch of brutal bombs down on Oberyn's face rather than how they did it. I thought it looked kinda crappy. I think movie/tv beatdowns actually look better and more brutal when they're a little more realistic. None of this crushing skulls or slicing a guy's head cleanly in half from a sword swing. Comes off too goofy.

One of the most brutal beatdowns I've ever seen was from The Wire and it was nothing but punches, kicks and stomps. Chris Partlow beated on the dude.

So in another year, will these titles say "TV spoilers = Ban"?

Bad jokes aside, I'm honestly ok with it.

The people wanted to see her tits for the longest time, it would have been weird even for GoT to just have a like a 10 second shot of her tits after the opening and then carry on with things.

Also, the unsullied commander having feelings for someone could be a way to instill doubts about Dany's main muscle.

Nevertheless...tits.

I don't mind the tits, in fact I welcome and embrace them. I've been saying Missandei is one of the biggest babes in the show for a long time.

It's just the conversation, really.

I felt Jorahs betrayal and reveal was rushed. I expect next season will dive straight into him and Tyrions adwd plot line.

The Sansa in the vale thing felt rushed aswell. Made LF look weak.

I think Briennes affc crows chapters will be skipped. No brave companions to kill probably skip straight to stoneheart.

Next season will be alot of Cersei I expect.

+1 on the heavy moderation. Nothing wrong with the last thread title.

These are from the old thread:

Originally posted by Grizzly Titan
I agree. When the events at the ToJ get cleared up he is bound to be mentioned. But I don't think we'll learn a lot more about him though, but hopefully some details about how he died.

Yeah, I definitely agree. I was reading some of the SAD stuff about him still being alive. There actually isn't really definitive proof he is dead. A lot of the evidence is circumstantial, plus Dayne is like the second best fighter in Westeros without Dawn (Selmy being #1 and he is in Essos now). So, it'll be interesting - I hope he is dead though.

Originally posted by millinar
Or Howland Reed Warged into Dayne.

There is definitely that, but SAD is/was one of the most recognizable people in Westeros. However, Reed is barely even mentioned after ToJ - especially when they head back North (iirc)

Originally posted by Goreds1194
We are all going to be hodors soon. Damn GRRM.

R'hllor, burn me!

--

I haven't watched Mountain/Oberyn episode yet, but the fact that Sansa admits who she is to the lords of the Eyrie pisses me off. Who knows, maybe LF will have them all killed haha!

--

Its really bothering me how they're completely demonizing the wildlings.

Why? It is super common in the North.

These books are 500+ pages each. Why the terrible filler?

No time for the likes of Hyle Hunt, or the Mad Mouse.

... I wonder now if Theon is going to take over for Victarion/Euron's plot.

Unpossible, Vic is the main character of the story. :icon_chee

Look, like love Victarion "Too Dumb to Live" Greyjoy. I really do, but I think he is toast at some point in TWOW, definitely early ADOS. I really enjoyed his chapters, aI find the Iron Islands culture a lot more interesting than the rest of Westeros.

I think the show should have just had the mountain drop a bunch of brutal bombs down on Oberyn's face rather than how they did it. I thought it looked kinda crappy. I think movie/tv beatdowns actually look better and more brutal when they're a little more realistic. None of this crushing skulls or slicing a guy's head cleanly in half from a sword swing. Comes off too goofy.

One of the most brutal beatdowns I've ever seen was from The Wire and it was nothing but punches, kicks and stomps. Chris Partlow beated on the dude.

Chris beat the fugg out of Michael's step-dad like that because Mike said that the step-dad had molested him. CP's dad molested him, and hated him for it - so he beat the fuck out of Mike's step-dad.

The amount of fake Hodors in that thread makes me wanna cringe. They are not nearly as slick as they think they are.

And I honestly just don't get it. What's the endgame? All the Hodors tell you how awesome your fake analytic skills are? When I try to get into the head of a fake Hodor, any motivation I can think of seems pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back