ASoIaF/GoT MEGA-SPOILERS Thread v16 - Wherever Spoilers Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the rate the show is going the next one will be
"We do not know"

GRRM writes pretty slowly and i think the story is starting to get too big for him like Robert Jordan... Hell it's a very similar scenario, Robert Jordan Wrote 11 books with no end in sight, croaks, and some other writer comes along and wraps up every loose end, most plot points, delivers on old hints of events to come, in 3 books.

I quit reading those Wheel of Time books somewhere between the 2nd and 4th book. Just had no interest in them anymore so IDK how it was resolved.

I will say that while I appreciate the amount of work that GRRM is putting into the world building and plot threading, he has obviously spread himself too thin.

We know Vicky GreyJoy isn't being cast, so a lot of the Ironborn stuff isn't strictly necessary. It's like a minor missing ingredient in a complicated dish.

How long until the Thread Title is erased? Or how long until a poster bitches at a mod to change it?

Hodor-wife saw the last scene with Sansa as her starting to seduce LF and start playing the Game.

I have to agree with her, and it will be interesting to see how it plays out in the books.

Couple other things from this episode:
Arry laughing at Lysas death was perfect trolling of the Hound.

Tyrion and Jamie scene might have dragged in too long but I found myself laughing during it.

Does anyone care about Moletown?

Don't like how Selmy appears to be a pawn, but at least he confronted Friendzone man to man. Maybe show-Selmy is getting some of his balls back.

Not sure how the eunuch love story can play out.

Its really bothering me how they're completely demonizing the wildlings.

If you look up the word "filler" in an encyclopedia, there will be a picture of Grey Worm and Missandei having a conversation above the description.

If you look up the word "filler" in an encyclopedia, there will be a picture of Grey Worm and Missandei having a conversation above the description.

But at least we got nude Missa, so not a total loss.

Pedro Pascal deserves an Emmy nod. Absolutely stellar performance, down to the last scream. Fuck that was brutal... I felt sick watching it.

Great reaction shots, too, other than Jaime who looked like he just watched his team lose a non-decisive playoff game. I guess he's the most familiar with horrific violence, though. They shoulda given him the KG reaction .gif reaction. Lulz..

Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

Well they've gutted the Eyrie storyline. I know I'm mostly alone in this but I really liked those chapters. We got to see the manipulations of a mastermind. In the show Littlefinger gets bailed out by Sansa, really? He was supposed to be in control of that situation, playing everybody like a fiddle, and now they're emphasizing his lechery towards Sansa to the extent that he's just a buffoon who makes decisions based on his boner.

The duel was okay, I laughed really hard when they popped Oberyn's head like a pimple. There was something silly about the whole thing. However Pedro Pascal's acting is far and away the best part about it. Otherwise it was underwhelming, for some reason the majority of the choreography this season has been poor. The season was amazing at first and has averaged out with a few great scenes here and there.

But at least we got nude Missa, so not a total loss.

Agreed, those were very nice. They should find an excuse to have her topless in every scene.

Don't like how Selmy appears to be a pawn, but at least he confronted Friendzone man to man. Maybe show-Selmy is getting some of his balls back.

With the filler material they're putting in anyway, they might as well have a scene where Selmy's walking down the alley and gets jumped by sons of the harpy, for no other reason than to have him kill a bunch of men and look badass doing it. They need to let the character cross swords with somebody.

Last edited:
hmm

The title seems to imply that someone may go somewhere in the books. I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with that. I'll report it to a mod just to be safe.

I believe we were made to change the thread title from a similar title previous to the season start so will likely happen again.

new_mexico1 was right all along. Missandei is the sexiest woman on this show.

One of the Hodors just said that Jorah should've taken the letter from Barristan and killed him...

They should have had Tyrion vomit like in the books and also as a nod to the sopranos.

I believe we were made to change the thread title from a similar title previous to the season start so will likely happen again.

What a bunch of horseshit.

A lot of posters in this thread don't even read or go out of their way not to say shit in the TV thread out of respect for the Hodors but we can't have even a little bit of fun?

A title like this is so generic, there would be no mistaking it for a spoiler unless you already knew what happened. Tywin Lannister doesn't shit spoilers - that would be the far side of the grey area, but the modding of these threads are really heavy handed.

What a bunch of horseshit.

A lot of posters in this thread don't even read or go out of their way not to say shit in the TV thread out of respect for the Hodors but we can't have even a little bit of fun?

A title like this is so generic, there would be no mistaking it for a spoiler unless you already knew what happened. Tywin Lannister doesn't shit spoilers - that would be the far side of the grey area, but the modding of these threads are really heavy handed.

I got dubs for "lording info about GOT over the forum." I shit you not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back