Media Askren vs Maia PRESS CONFERENCE

A highly emotional Ben holds Maia down while viciously screaming at him "where's your jujitsu playboy?!?"

But really I think this is a tough fight for Ben, it's not like the other recent wrestlers that Maia fought that could keep the fight standing and win with striking...

You're assuming they'll stand long enough to box. Colby and Usman (whom Maia briefly stunned if I remember right) were content to stand with Maia, knowing they could outlast him with their cardio. Ben doesn't want to stand with anyone...for good reason.
I'm suggesting what Maia should do. I know that Askren will try at all cost to take the fight to the ground, so, in that deparment, it can go the fight either way. If Maia decides to keep the fight standing, he could get the best of it.

I'm suggesting what Maia should do. I know that Askren will try at all cost to take the fight to the ground, so, in that deparment, it can go the fight either way. If Maia decides to keep the fight standing, he could get the best of it.

If he can keep it standing, I agree. I just don't think he can keep stuffing Ben's TDs. Maybe he could like 7 years ago, but he's 40 now and isn't the same fighter. He gasses pretty quickly too.

If he can keep it standing, I agree. I just don't think he can keep stuffing Ben's TDs. Maybe he could like 7 years ago, but he's 40 now and isn't the same fighter. He gasses pretty quickly too.
I just realized that the fight is a 5 round fight. He definitely needs to be efficient with his gas tank then. Still think that he should take advantage of his K1 skills and then maybe mix it up with his grappling.

I just realized that the fight is a 5 round fight. He definitely needs to be efficient with his gas tank then. Still think that he should take advantage of his K1 skills and then maybe mix it up with his grappling.

Yeah, I just don't have much faith in him at 41 years old going 5 rounds...his cardio has been getting worse recently

Yeah, I just don't have much faith in him at 41 years old going 5 rounds...his cardio has been getting worse recently
That's true. Still gonna root for him.

Back