Askren Showing His Technique

Lukn4trbl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The boy is making noise. Podcasts, calling out every fighter in the UFC roster, some wrestling vids., and an exciting debut win.

His next fight will 'make or break' his hype against Masvidal, and hopefully silence the critics after the Lawler controversy...or not?

What does he need to accomplish to become recognized in the UFC?

He's got a brilliant mind in wrestling and grappling. Most people would sprawl and look for underhooks or post out, but Askren locks up a cradle.

Last edited:
What does he need to accomplish to become recognized in the UFC?
For starters, rematch Lawler to prove it wasn't the referee's incompetence that got him the win.

After that, keep on winning fights and challenge for the belt.

He really highlights how important developing functional strength is as opposed to weightlifting strength.

I bet he never had a chance to use that in a fight. Who is going to single leg Askren?!

I hope he ups his striking
It’s easily the worse in the UFC
His grappling prowess will get him through Masvidal
I hope he can retire undefeated

Funny how Dana kept him out of the UFC for so long now he's letting him call the shots.

Funny how Dana kept him out of the UFC for so long now he's letting him call the shots.

Dana was wrong about his star-power $$$

He needs to back it up, or he'll fall hard. Robbie was a good start, but too much controversy marked his win. I think he pulled it off, but another 2-3 solid, top five opponents will make him a player.

masvidal will light his shit the fuck up. then hell fight robbie again and get ktfo then cut. a fairy tale ending that a schmuck like him deserves

I hope he ups his striking
It’s easily the worse in the UFC
His grappling prowess will get him through Masvidal
I hope he can retire undefeated

It's unlikely that his striking will improve at this point. Guys like Covington and maia have pretty terrible striking as well. Khabib is a pretty awful striker too.
As long as they can get in range for a takedown it only has to be serviceable

You've never grappled before I take it

Not sure he ever lifted either.

As to Askren, he's like Khabib...Only true MMA fans will appreciate his style. I love it. Very technical.

masvidal will light his shit the fuck up. then hell fight robbie again and get ktfo then cut. a fairy tale ending that a schmuck like him deserves

Lol... quoted for future reference

Masvidal is what 1-2 in his last 3? He knocks out a guy that only fought for the title based on a single top 10 win over a fighter that is 1-3-1 in his last 5 and suddenly he's a killer?

Masvidal is a lot like cerrone, entertaining and worthy of being in the top 10 but loses to every legitimate top 5 fighter. He will never even sniff a title shot unless they are hard up for a contender (which they did for till)

For starters, rematch Lawler to prove it wasn't the referee's incompetence that got him the win.

After that, keep on winning fights and challenge for the belt.

Anyone with a brain knew the forgone conclusion to that fight. Lawler wasn't getting out with that much time left, and he made no correct movements in preventing the choke from going deeper. He didn't do a damn thing about trying to reduce the distance between Askren's body and his own, only further allowing Askren to torque the neck. This comment is hogwash, and likely you lost money on a bogus bet.

Anyone with a brain knew the forgone conclusion to that fight. Lawler wasn't getting out with that much time left, and he made no correct movements in preventing the choke from going deeper. He didn't do a damn thing about trying to reduce the distance between Askren's body and his own, only further allowing Askren to torque the neck. This comment is hogwash, and likely you lost money on a bogus bet.
it wasnt even a choke lmao.. its honestly kind of embarrasing that mma fans watched that shit and anybody at all is backing Askren

Back