Askren-Masvidal not a done deal after all.

Meathead Jock

WAR ASKREN
@Gold
Reaction score
On Ariel's show I only caught the tail end of it, but it sounds like the UFC is considering scrapping the fight because Jorge won't fight in Chicago in June, and Chicago's card badly needs help.

Hope this is just a last ditch attempt by the UFC to strong arm Jorge and they don't really switch up the matchup and give Askren a lower ranked guy just to improve a weak PPV.

Masvidal doesn't want to get blanketed for 3 rounds by some goofy white guy with an afro

Askren.PNG

On Ariel's show I only caught the tail end of it, but it sounds like the UFC is considering scrapping the fight because Jorge won't fight in Chicago in June, and Chicago's card badly needs help.

Hope this is just a last ditch attempt by the UFC to strong arm Jorge and they don't really switch up the matchup and give Askren a lower ranked guy just to improve a weak PPV.
Give Askren the Ponzi fight.

He doesn't want to ruin the momentum he has with his unexpected KO over Till. It's understandable, but the dude has to realize he still lost 3 fights before.
He's lost 13 fights. Not sure what you mean by 3 fights, he was on a 2 fight losing streak with one of those being a SD to Maia.

What does Masvidal have against fighting in Chicago? Jorge has always been a anybody, anywhere, anytime type of guy <{danayeah}>

He's lost 13 fights. Not sure what you mean by 3 fights, he was on a 2 fight losing streak with one of those being a SD to Maia.

You are on me today huh Flying lol first the Holloway thread now this one haha. I meant to say he was coming off 2 losses so to act like he's in any position to fight for a title is laughable.

I know his record is not pretty, but in the context of the conversation he's coming off a 2 fight skid, and that he needs to come down to earth.

He doesn't want to ruin the momentum he has with his unexpected KO over Till. It's understandable, but the dude has to realize he still lost 3 fights before.
You always have one of the p4p coolest most eye catching/memorable Av's, always been a fan of your Holloway with the Hawaiian Flag Av <Goldie11>

Heh figures. Jorge wants none of that funky goodness.

iu

You always have one of the p4p coolest most eye catching/memorable Av's, always been a fan of your Holloway with the Hawaiian Flag Av <Goldie11>

Thanks brother. It'll be back one day, once I get in contact with my AV Gif plug I'll have something nice and special for April 13th, hope you like it.

Maybe next week I'll throw it up, but for now I wanted to branch out and get new AV'S non MMA related.

Thanks brother. It'll be back one day, once I get in contact with my AV Gif plug I'll have something nice and special for April 13th, hope you like it.

Maybe next week I'll throw it up, but for now I wanted to branch out and get new AV'S non MMA related.
<DCWhoa> Cool.

We really need a Blessed smiley <mma3>

You are on me today huh Flying lol first the Holloway thread now this one haha. I meant to say he was coming off 2 losses so to act like he's in any position to fight for a title is redicilous.

I know his record is not pretty, but in the context of the conversation he's coming off a 2 fight skid, and that he needs to come down to earth.
Yeah he should fight Askren, not sure who else he'd want besides maybe Edwards. He's not getting a title shot after 1 win, I wouldn't mind Pettis vs Masvidal actually. The only real problem with that is that Pettis wants nothing to do with the top wrestlers in the division and even said it himself so even if he were to beat Masvidal he probably wouldn't fight Covington or Usman. RDA is fighting Lee, Lawler is fighting Woodley, Colby is fighting Usman, Wonderboy just lost so that leaves Edwards, Ponzinibbio, Pettis and Askren.

The fuck is it with the KOs this year? One sided ass-whippings until a massive out-of-nowhere KO later in the fight.

Askren will never be champion, if he were to headline a card it would be less than 100,00 buys

Good. I like both guys and didn't want either to lose. Give Askren ponzi.

Masvidal is scared. Not even the Miami streets could prepare him for the savageness that Askren brings in that cage.

Masvidal is scared. Not even the Miami streets could prepare him for the savageness that Askren brings in that cage.

Masvidal ain't ever been to the suburbs, he shouldn't ever come to the suburbs, Cause he wouldn't understand the suburbs, where beast like Ben Askren roam the streets.

Last edited:
Back