Askren/Lawler - Is it even possible to be flash K.O'ed by a choke?

TS makes the ONLY thread about Askren/Lawler stoppage I have seen in MONTHS

and then has the fucking audacity to say "just let it go"

TS just wanted attention and to hear himself speak(type). I swear to fuck I would stomp on his soft stupid head if I could for how dumb this thread is.

Lol theres nothing stupid other than your reply and your hilarious level of emotionality.
Maybe your time of month, leave 5he cranberry juice out.

I was reviewing it and is an interesting topic about if people can go out for split second from chokes.

If u dont like these threads fuck off u little millenial emo casual bitch.

Anyway, Herb Dean I believe gets unneccessary flak, he is among the best in the business and was a good call.

I agree with the assessment that Lawler went out for a second.
His hand dropped totally limp, no way to explain it other than he was unconscious for a second. As it was not fully on is perfectly possible a bit more blood came through amd he woke up again, he likely didnt even realize he went out.

But your conclusions are WAY off.
If you acknowledge lawler was out even for a second the fight is over and it is a good call.
There is no 'going in and out of consciousness' or waiting for them to go 'completely out'. If he is not improving position and if he clearly goes out for even a second fight is over.

Props to Herb Dean on seeing it and making the right call.

...But Herb missed it. How many fighters have been flash KO'd, the ref didn't notice, and they came back to win? And the rules don't state that you have to 'improve position' during a submission. All you have t do is survive it.

Why should a sub be any different toa flash KO that the ref missed? If it was fight ending, Lawler should have been out as the ref stopped it.

Anyway, this is old news. Robbie didn't seemed to care, Askren went on to getting stiffened up in 5 seconds, and Lawler lost to Colby. This shit doesn't really matter now.

Lol theres nothing stupid other than your reply and your hilarious level of emotionality.
Maybe your time of month, leave 5he cranberry juice out.

I was reviewing it and is an interesting topic about if people can go out for split second from chokes.

If u dont like these threads fuck off u little millenial emo casual bitch.

Anyway, Herb Dean I believe gets unneccessary flak, he is among the best in the business and was a good call.
Calm down champ, I didn't even reply to you. I replied to the original TS, because I didn't realize this was a necro'd thread. When I saw it was, I edited my post. You seem way more emotionally invested than me.

"little millenial emo casual bitch"

first of all, learn to spell before you start casting out every insult you can think of. millennial isn't a big word. second of all, spamming every insult you can think of doesn't make you seem cool. how old are you?

I do understand why the fight was stopped, it did look like Lawler went limp for a second.
I do understand that Lawler also gave a thumbs up and looked like he was o.k.
Just...let.It.Go.

I have watched MMA for quite a few years now, and I have never seen a "flash" K.O from a choke, and I have been wondering if a flash K.O is even possible from a choke. If Lawler went unconscious it would have been for less then a second. Has any of you any experience with that? Or seen any fights where something like that happened?
Maybe a pinched nerve can do that to mind because the neck has lots of nerves that would make you pass out for a second from wrong moves.

...But Herb missed it. How many fighters have been flash KO'd, the ref didn't notice, and they came back to win? And the rules don't state that you have to 'improve position' during a submission. All you have t do is survive it.

Why should a sub be any different toa flash KO that the ref missed? If it was fight ending, Lawler should have been out as the ref stopped it.

Anyway, this is old news. Robbie didn't seemed to care, Askren went on to getting stiffened up in 5 seconds, and Lawler lost to Colby. This shit doesn't really matter now.

Yes but the point is he didnt survive it position or not if he went out.
And it clearly looks like he did.

Yes Askren got stiffened but he can come back, it was a good legit victory he got over Lawler no need for rematch.

Back