Askren backlash???

Fight fans are so sensitive they take a prize fighter trash talking to market fights as 'disrespect'. When you also add into the equation Bens style is not casual friendly & his first UFC win was somewhat controversial , you have a bunch of virgins and dorks trolling his wife's Instagram after the guy suffered a concussion.
exactly. its competition. dudes talk smack in combat sports. every1 is confident. people act like conor was the first. Shits been happening since Ali and way before

He said he was the best in the world. He lost to a B level fighter in 5 seconds. I am sure at least a few of us could last 6 seconds .

I honestly feel like its all dudes who have been picked on and bullied and live in their moms basement. when they see guys like ben and conor etc being confident and saying they will win they get triggered remembering when they used to be dumped in trash cans in highschool. and the fighter fails, they cant wait to jump out and point their finger and laugh like they had something to do with it. Not realizing just stepping in the cage alone takes more courage than they will ever have. People pick and choose. Some1 like rumble or chuck liddell or dan Henderson says they are going to whoop some1 they are badasses. But other guys say it they are trash talking idiots

he cant really verbalize any reasons for the dislike though
He did verbalize it.

I understand the satisfaction watching some1 ko a pure wrestler. ive felt that before. Jorge said he made fun of his ethnicity. I was genuinely curious if that really happened
These 2 have known each other and exchanged words since 2008, Ariel Helwani is not lurking everywhere 2 MMA fighters are for quotes.

That doesn't mean he didn't say anything, others also pointed out questionable (i,e. racist/xenophobic) Ben Askren twitter likes in regards to Jorge coupled with what he has actually said in front of the public which I already mentioned in my original post. I don't know why people keep asking for what he said, he's said a lot and it's almost like nobody actually understands what he's saying while praising Askren's intellect.

It is tiresome to hear constant cries of racism.

Nonetheless, agree with masvidal that Ben uses an undercurrent of racist implications; Ben tows the line. Ben is intelligent enough to make statements that are not overtly racist; his statements carry hints of racism without being able to be called out on it. An example of this is molly querim-lavar ball where she said lets switch gears. and ball said "you can switch gears with ME anytime. Querim ; ESPN stated it was inappropriate and Ball was banned while MANY OTHERS defended. ball's statement as innocent.

In my opinion, Ball's comment equals Askren's comments where there is a slight undercurrent of an inappropriate statement that can be explained away as innocent. If a person is intelligent & clever they can take advantage of the English language's words that have more than one meaning.
<PlusJuan>

He did verbalize it.

These 2 have known each other and exchanged words since 2008, Ariel Helwani is not lurking everywhere 2 MMA fighters are for quotes.

That doesn't mean he didn't say anything, others also pointed out questionable (i,e. racist/xenophobic) Ben Askren twitter likes in regards to Jorge coupled with what he has actually said in front of the public which I already mentioned in my original post. I don't know why people keep asking for what he said, he's said a lot and it's almost like nobody actually understands what he's saying while praising Askren's intellect.

<PlusJuan>
he said so much yet you still cant quote or find a video

He just never lived up to expectations. The big white dope

He's getting no more backlash than any other high profile, quickly beaten and humbled fighter.

I think he's also getting some love because of that backlash too... I'm cool with them both. It's the seems that parts of the MMA community aren't happy with a guy that sold a fight well, that then lost spectacularly and painfully. As if it's not enough that it was entertaining to watch it build up and take place... No, gotta make sure he never plies his trade again for thinking he was any good....

That's just ur personal reasoning for not liking him. Jorge said he disrespected his family and ethnicity. I have yet to see a quote.

Jorge is responding to the quote (I'm paraphrasing) "He probably thinks I'm just a white kid from the burbs or something". I like Jorge.... he's a fighter's fighter...

But he needs to wipe that smug grin off of his face. He's becoming what he most hates... (A smug mouthy top 5 fighter) . . He deserves all of the credit and exposure he's getting, but at some stage, you have to win graciously in the same way that you should lose graciously... At least to some degree. Jorge has always been that guy ... I'd imagine he tones it down a bit with time and goes after someone else ...

Ben brought it on himself, he just comes across as arrogant and cocky.. but I think you have to have that mindset to fight. He also is a hell of a promoter and he makes a shitload of money to fight..

Like he made hundreds of thousands of dollars. This entire forum theres probably like 2% of us who make what he made in 5 seconds in an entire year.

He's really not getting hated on that much more than he did when Dana parrots and UFC shills used to shit on him when he was trying to last get signed with the UFC and Dana said no.

I'm not linking every single video of Ben Askren talking about Jorge Masvidal. If you actually cared you'd go watch them yourself.
How about just one that's on point?

I don't like wrestlefuckers as fighters because they make me fall asleep, and Askren is annoying/lame as a personality.

He was using coded language during the entire build up of the fight, added onto the fact Jorge didn't like him since 2008. There's not enough "backlash"
Can you provide examples of this coded statements? It’s not the first time I’ve seen this accusation lobbed at him. You’ll have to excuse my skepticism in today’s everyone’s a racist until proven innocent climate.

I'm not linking every single video of Ben Askren talking about Jorge Masvidal. If you actually cared you'd go watch them yourself.
So you have no examples / proof to back up your claims of racist / xenophobic behavior by Ben . Until proof is presented , your opinion is discarded .

giphy.gif

Yeah, Ben was just being ‘confident’. Are you socially impaired?

Back