Askren backlash???

The DanaWhite

Pink Belt
Pink
Reaction score
That was a amazing performance for Jorge but can anyone explain all the backlash towards ben?
I am not saying he didn't say anything but in my memory all I remember is Ben being confident that he would win. If any1 prefight was fabricating a dislike for the other it seemed it was Jorge. I don't see why it is shocking for a fighter pre fight to come out and speak confidently that they are going to win. They are fighting the best guys in the world of course they should be confident. They aren't going to come out and say well I think I am going to lose. I could be wrong but can any1 post a video or a quote were ben is saying these extremely disrespectful things and crossing the line with his words? I recall Jorge stating he made fun of his ethnicity. Im not saying he didn't, I just either missed it or don't remember.

ufc-fighter-ben-askren-had-an-excellent-response-to-getting-knocked-out-in-5-seconds__854480_.jpg

I believe it has to do something with eating crows or something.

Look, you can see one’s foot in his mouth here.

i just find it funny how stupid he looked getting starched in 5 seconds.

{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

That was a amazing performance for Jorge but can anyone explain all the backlash towards ben?
I am not saying he didn't say anything but in my memory all I remember is Ben being confident that he would win. If any1 prefight was fabricating a dislike for the other it seemed it was Jorge. I don't see why it is shocking for a fighter pre fight to come out and speak confidently that they are going to win. They are fighting the best guys in the world of course they should be confident. They aren't going to come out and say well I think I am going to lose. I could be wrong but can any1 post a video or a quote were ben is saying these extremely disrespectful things and crossing the line with his words? I recall Jorge stating he made fun of his ethnicity. Im not saying he didn't, I just either missed it or don't remember.

Ben did an amazing job in selling the fight - He never insulted his "family, culture, etc"

He really was never particularly disrespectful -- Masival seemed to make a lot of things up

He has an annoying smug personality though and his supporters seem to mostly be the same type of people so most people are just going with it

d6a77b04ee6619eb9ea4713355c29864.jpg

Don't ask for rationality from a bunch of children and basement dwellers posting on the internet, you will be disappointed.

I don't like wrestlefuckers as fighters because they make me fall asleep, and Askren is annoying/lame as a personality.

He was using coded language during the entire build up of the fight, added onto the fact Jorge didn't like him since 2008. There's not enough "backlash"

Ben did an amazing job in selling the fight - He never insulted his "family, culture, etc"

He really was never particularly disrespectful -- Masival seemed to make a lot of things up

He has an annoying smug personality though and his supporters seem to mostly be the same type of people so most people are just going with it

d6a77b04ee6619eb9ea4713355c29864.jpg
agreed

I don't like wrestlefuckers as fighters because they make me fall asleep, and Askren is annoying/lame as a personality.

He was using coded language during the entire build up of the fight, added onto the fact Jorge didn't like him since 2008. There's not enough "backlash"
he cant really verbalize any reasons for the dislike though

I understand the satisfaction watching some1 ko a pure wrestler. ive felt that before. Jorge said he made fun of his ethnicity. I was genuinely curious if that really happened

Because Ben was widely regarded as one if the most skilled fighters outside the UFC for years and Dana Dana refused to sign him cause he didn't like him.

So when he finally was signed after being retired and old by lower weight class standards everyone was just waiting to justify Dana and say " See, he was dominant fighting bums in the B leagues but was never actually good enough to beat UFC level competition ".

Of course the fact both of his UFC opponents have lost fights in those same " B leagues" has to be ignored in this narrative but that doesn't seem to be a problem.

Only WWE fans get all personally worked up over drama and actually hate other fighters. They probably need to be medicated.

Because Ben was widely regarded as one if the most skilled fighters outside the UFC for years and Dana Dana refused to sign him cause he didn't like him.

So when he finally was signed after being retired and old by lower weight class standards everyone was just waiting to justify Dana and say " See, he was dominant fighting bums in the B leagues but was never actually good enough to beat UFC level competition ".

Of course the fact both of his UFC opponents have lost fights in those same " B leagues" has to be ignored in this narrative but that doesn't seem to be a problem.
yea man I have yet to see a quote or video of this extreme disrespect and line crossing.
The worst thing I found was ben said he would whoop his ass. and like I said they should be confident to win. Just competition

The backlash is not due to his last loss but after his controversial win where herb messed up...it started after that ...

Ben took massive bombs and got lucky with the win. There is no way Robbie was out and even Dana was trying to set up a rematch but Ben ... Coward that he is was very arrogant... ." what's the point ?" ...no no rematch he stated.....

Then he talked to much shit and got KOed

The guy is a fucking can humper with no striking... As far as people are concerned he is 0 - 2 ... In UFC...

Just talking shit and bullying his way around the Mic....

Fight fans are so sensitive they take a prize fighter trash talking to market fights as 'disrespect'. When you also add into the equation Bens style is not casual friendly & his first UFC win was somewhat controversial , you have a bunch of virgins and dorks trolling his wife's Instagram after the guy suffered a concussion.

The backlash is not due to his last loss but after his controversial win where herb messed up...it started after that ...

Ben took massive bombs and got lucky with the win. There is no way Robbie was out and even Dana was trying to set up a rematch but Ben ... Coward that he is was very arrogant... ." what's the point ?" ...no no rematch he stated.....

Then he talked to much shit and got KOed

The guy is a fucking can humper with no striking... As far as people are concerned he is 0 - 2 ... In UFC...

Just talking shit and bullying his way around the Mic....
That's just ur personal reasoning for not liking him. Jorge said he disrespected his family and ethnicity. I have yet to see a quote.

Back