News Askar Askarov vs. Alex Perez set for UFC Vegas 33

NandoMoura

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Askar-Askarov-Alex-Perez.jpg

Askar Askarov will face Alex Perez in a potential number one contender bout at UFC Vegas 33.

Multiple sources have informed BJPENN.com that Askarov and Perez will fight one another on July 31 at the UFC Apex in Nevada. Contracts for the fight have already been signed, the sources revealed.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/askar-askarov-vs-alex-perez-set-for-ufc-vegas-33/

Askar-Askarov-Alex-Perez.jpg

Askar Askarov will face Alex Perez in a potential number one contender bout at UFC Vegas 33.

Multiple sources have informed BJPENN.com that Askarov and Perez will fight one another on July 31 at the UFC Apex in Nevada. Contracts for the fight have already been signed, the sources revealed.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/askar-askarov-vs-alex-perez-set-for-ufc-vegas-33/
Potential nr.1 contender? Askarov is already ranked 2 and if he wins he'll get bumped to 1. There should be no "potential" here, if Askarov wins he should get the title shot.

A Deiveson vs Moreno trilogy would be a huge mistake. I think Fig needs time to recover and rethink the weight cut... Moreno beat him pillar to post. I was heavily rooting for Moreno, and think Moreno wins the rematch, so a rematch is fine by me if they want to simply demonstrate he is the top dog, albeit unnecessary.

On the flip side, Fig is exciting, and he should have a future... An immediate trilogy potentially kills him as a contender and forces his hand to move up.

I am surprised Askar isn't jumping straight to the title shot. Maybe the UFC doesn't want him as a champion? He's getting a particularly tough road. The winner of Perez vs Askarov 100% should get the next shot against Moreno. The date is close enough that they can just give Moreno some time to rest, train etc. Maybe he wants 4-5 months... who knows.

They want to milk this Moreno hype a little longer. Askarov will tool him when the time is right.

This fight is only 7 weeks away from fight week, if Askarov wins he fight Moreno in November/December no problem.

Potential nr.1 contender? Askarov is already ranked 2 and if he wins he'll get bumped to 1. There should be no "potential" here, if Askarov wins he should get the title shot.

It’s a “potential” number 1 contender because of the off chance Perez wins. Essentially it’s only a number 1 contender’s match for Askarov.

Askarov should be fighting for the title. He's a harder fight for Moreno than Figgy.

Moreno already dismantled Askarov pretty easily. Askar was lucky to escape with a draw.
Askarov almost beat Moreno in his octagon debut and considering how much he improved in the Joe B. fight he's going to make Moreno look like a can.

IMO, Askarov beats Moreno.
Would be a fantastic fight though.

Also I doubt Moreno is in any rush to defend the title. Let Mexico celebrate its first ever UFC champion for a little while.

Askarov and Moreno can fight later in the year or early 2022, no problem.

Askarov almost beat Moreno in his octagon debut and considering how much he improved in the Joe B. fight he's going to make Moreno look like a can.

Moreno arguably won all 3 rounds against Askar. Pretty crazy how only Askarov has improved since their fight and Moreno hasnt...SIKE.
Moreno finishes Askar the next time they match up. Assassin baby just finished the champ, Askar struggled with old JoeB, youre in for a rude awakening

Last edited:
Back