Aside from JDS , was Kongo Cain toughest fight ?

I guess so but that was Cains first big step up in competition and he is now 10x the fighter he was then. No one apart from the JDS fluke has been able to do that again

Yea Kongo put some whoop ass on him. He hit Kongo 300 times and the dude wasn't even banged up he was tried but that's it. Cain couldn't finish him.

Put the crack pipe down.

Kongo was still on the ground from the beating Cain gave him. Wasn't even banged up? WTF are you smoking?

The scary thing is, those are the only two fights where he's had any kind of challenge at all. Cain literally and completely dominates his fights, it's not some "back-and-forth" tag bs that you see many fighters get engaged in, no, he makes guys look like amateurs from start to finish. The fact that Kongo placed solid shots on Cain, then seeing Cain get pissed off like a bull, rush in, then immediately after picks Kongo up off the ground over his head and flings him to the ground definitely gives him the "monster" badge in my books.

That's not even mentioning the fact that those were Kongo's only split second moments, Cain just man handled him. Juniors 1 shot KO was impressive but we had no chance to actually "see" Cain get going, then in the rematch he makes Junior look like any other guy he's dominated, this is why I'm excited to see the third fight. Will Cain make Junior look like an amateur again? Will JDS get one of his amazing patented KO's again and not give Cain a chance to get going? We shall see! My favorite knockout artist vs my favorite manhandler! I will hate to see either lose :(

I would be stupid however to bet money against Cain. Just based off of past evidence.

Huh? Cain lost the first 2 minutes of the Brock fight...

Definitely the Kongo fight as it was the only time he was in trouble. The Denis Stojnic fight was definitely Cain's most woeful performance though; how that won knockout of the night, I will never know

There was nothing woeful about that performance. it winning KO of the night is though.

Have you seen the fight? he was A OK dude. It was just an gsp style fight.

oh is this why Kongo himself says "Cain beat me up so bad"...... maybe you should watch the fight again?? Kongo has said in a few interviews that Cain gave him the worst beating of his career but i guess YOU know better then him......

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1637329-cheick-kongo-says-he-would-f-up-cain-velasquez-in-rematch

Or just watch the GIF of the end of the fight where Kongo struggles to stand up after the BEATING Cain laid on him.

He exposed his chin

These comments make me laugh.

Kongo hits, very, very hard. Those right hands would have dropped almost everybody in the division, getting dropped by Kongo doesn't mean you have a weak chin because if that guy lands a punch like that on you, odds are you're going to get hurt from it.

Kongo is such an underrated striker. He is actually quite good. He just has subpar defense and gets hit by heavyweight fighters.

no doubt i think.
it can't be Big foot right ?

th

First gif, damn, Kongo clocked him clean and flush twice... Great recovery.

Kongo hits hard as hell too, God, he turned to shit after that though.

Kongo hits, very, very hard. Those right hands would have dropped almost everybody in the division, getting dropped by Kongo doesn't mean you have a weak chin because if that guy lands a punch like that on you, odds are you're going to get hurt from it.

Agreed. Kongo landed flush and could finish Cain. JDS landed flush and needed GNP to put Cain out cold.

Cain's chin is not bad at all. It's not a JDS, Nelson or Carwin epic chin, but it's good enough.

If it isn't Kongo then it has to be Brock.

lesnar_takedown_cain_velasquez.gif

34pb1w1.jpg

No, just no. Brock was a joke in that fight. All he did was rush him. That's it. If you look at the fight again, Cain was in no danger. I don't know how Brock ever became a UFC champ.

This. If you look closely you can see Kongo put some muscle into those 2 hits. If anything this shows that Cain has a good chin. How people are imagining in their minds a "questionable" chin just amazes me.

Huh? Cain lost the first 2 minutes of the Brock fight...

He didn't "lose" any minute of the Brock fight, wtf are you on? You mean when the fight just started and Brock came charging at him with flying knees and the kitchen sink and Cain just stood up like a brick wall not being fazed by any of that? That's not called "losing" sir, that's called "winning" and reversing it like a boss. There was a few moments of Brock hugging him on the fence but Cain was in no way being dominated, instead he dominated Brock the whole way.

Like I said, watch any of Cain's fights besides JDS1 and you will see he dominates them all from start to finish, that includes JDS2. That's freakish because I don't recall any heavyweights recently that's been so successful and effective in their fighting than Cain. Of course he might get punched in the process but that has nothing to do with him "dominating".

Back