Aside from JDS , was Kongo Cain toughest fight ?

Tabarnakos

Ghoul Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Or if you prefer the one where he struggled the most ? Because as weird as it sounds i think it is. He was rocked a couple of times and looked vulnerable in that fight even though he still won relatively easily. Because aside from JDS I or Kongi i dont think Cain looked weak in any other fight

Aside from getting stunned by a couple punches early, didn't Cain dominate every moment of that fight?

No one else apart from JDS dominated him as bad on the feet, Kongo rocked him at the start of each round before getting taken down.

He exposed his chin and amazing recovery.

10001340.gif

cain_kongo1.gif

Cain dominated him on the ground though.

Cain was way less experienced then

Kongo even got a takedown in that fight. I always thought Kongo could have done better if he hadn't clinched while Cain was hurt, but then I realized it was Kongo and poor strategy is part of his game.

The only other fight where Cain got hurt so yea i would think it was his 2nd toughest challenge.

That being said Kongo himself has said the beating Cain gave him was the worst of his career. The guy was eating punches all night long. Respect to the heart he has, he kept trying to fight til the end.

Best part about the domination was how disappointed Cain was in his performance after. The biggest win of his career to that point. Really showed you what he expects of himself, i was pretty sure he was going to be Champ one day after that.

Not to mention eating those ridiculous shots and not becoming a JDS like zombie afterwards. It didnt even seem to affect his cardio. Crazy.

Kongo even got a takedown in that fight. I always thought Kongo could have done better if he hadn't clinched while Cain was hurt, but then I realized it was Kongo and poor strategy is part of his game.

161ayba.jpg

Yeah, though the TD was short lived since Kongo was go gassed and beaten down by then. Kongo showed some pretty bad fight I.Q during the fight as you say.

Looking at the state of kongo now, I doubt he'd do it again, but I can definitely agree Kongo other than JDS has been Cain's toughest opponent.

Dat reach advantage. Just wait til Struve lays hands on him

Struve will get ktfo'd by Cain

Cain was rocked twice by Kongo and instantly recovered. Besides that Cain dominated pretty much every second of that fight.

No one else apart from JDS dominated him as bad on the feet, Kongo rocked him at the start of each round before getting taken down.

He exposed his chin and amazing recovery.

10001340.gif

cain_kongo1.gif

Cain dominated him on the ground though.

In the first gif if Kongo would have landed that 3rd punch he would have ended Cain.

Kongo was.....if you think that fight was tough for Cain. I mean aside from the 2 knock downs it was all Cain.

One think about the Cain/Kongo fight.....was suppose to beath Heath Herring vs Cain.....Heath got injured and then Cro Cop turned the fight down

In the first gif if Kongo would have landed that 3rd punch he would have ended Cain.

Makes you wonder how history would have changed if Kongo landed that one extra shot.

The scary thing is, those are the only two fights where he's had any kind of challenge at all. Cain literally and completely dominates his fights, it's not some "back-and-forth" tag bs that you see many fighters get engaged in, no, he makes guys look like amateurs from start to finish. The fact that Kongo placed solid shots on Cain, then seeing Cain get pissed off like a bull, rush in, then immediately after picks Kongo up off the ground over his head and flings him to the ground definitely gives him the "monster" badge in my books.

That's not even mentioning the fact that those were Kongo's only split second moments, Cain just man handled him. Juniors 1 shot KO was impressive but we had no chance to actually "see" Cain get going, then in the rematch he makes Junior look like any other guy he's dominated, this is why I'm excited to see the third fight. Will Cain make Junior look like an amateur again? Will JDS get one of his amazing patented KO's again and not give Cain a chance to get going? We shall see! My favorite knockout artist vs my favorite manhandler! I will hate to see either lose :(

I would be stupid however to bet money against Cain. Just based off of past evidence.

Yea Kongo put some whoop ass on him. He hit Kongo 300 times and the dude wasn't even banged up he was tried but that's it. Cain couldn't finish him.

It seems that Kongo has lost of a lot of technique over the last few years. Also Cain was much less experienced.

Back