Aside from a KO or sub, a TD is most important criteria

DrTrouble

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
are TD the most significant criteria in the UFC?

Seems like almost every time, no matter what went on in a round, the guy that gets more takedown wins the round. Even if he does no damage and the other guy gets up right away.

Am I alone in seeing this?

I think it's cause its one of the only things judges can clearly see from their seats.

Judges should be in a closed room with monitors.

Very rarely there is a fight were the damaged fighter with takedowns loses. Loved seeing Big Mo losing to Rampage

Need actual data. Need actual statistics. Bet with actual data and actual statistics that show people with considerably less activity in punches and kicks, but with a takedown, are winning significantly more fights.... you wouldn't have started this thread.

This is something that is testable.

Pretty sure TS is talking about the Cerrone/Henderson fight last night.

It depends on the city the show is being held. Here lately, it seems like judges aren't favoring takedowns unless you actually do something with them. It was a positive trend but looks like it didn't happen in Boston.

Position should matter, a TD that doesn't end up in a dominate position is pointless stalling IMO.

Kickboxers with good TDD can go far, i like the type. Crocop for example.

It allows you to do everything you need to do.

Because judges love to see fighters on the floor.

Need actual data. Need actual statistics. Bet with actual data and actual statistics that show people with considerably less activity in punches and kicks, but with a takedown, are winning significantly more fights.... you wouldn't have started this thread.

This is something that is testable.

Show us the results of the test then.

-waiting-

Show us the results of the test then.

-waiting-

I'm not making claims. I'm only saying it's statistically testable.

Better than TS pulling the claim out of his ass.

It would be simple to do. A logistic model with a binomial response using TD's, Strikes, Kicks, TD defenses as independent variables. Dataset could be a random sample of 100 fights with at least one TD and at least one fighter in the top 10.

Back