Aside from 170, is/was a prime Aldo Khabib's toughest possible opponent?

Baby Jay all day.

tumblr_o0i2thFg431s80fhyo1_400.gifv

People used to say Fighter Kevin Lee was a bad match up.

If Aldo was just a little bigger or Whittaker just a little smaller... those types would make him or any other wrestler look amateurish.

I wanted to see Rob smoke DC when he was 205 champion, but they've sacrificed Anderson who stalled the heck out of DC.

If Aldo was just a little bigger or Whittaker just a little smaller... those types would make him or any other wrestler look amateurish.

I wanted to see Rob smoke DC when he was 205 champion, but they've sacrificed Anderson who stalled the heck out of DC.
I agree matchup-wise for the most part, but Whittaker would have to be more than a little bit smaller, he had extreme trouble making 170 (and was chinny as hell) while Khabib would be a rather small lightweight.
(About the size of Conor, although i'm not even sure of that nowadays, considering how yoked McGregor is).

Real question is khabib tony's toughest opponent. Im not sure.

Aldo def had a style that could have worked,but the reality is i think hes too small and Khabib too much for him at 155

Lol DC would knock Whittaker the fuck out

...or just throw him out of the cage

?

Curious to hear what you think... I feel like it has to be him
It would have been a fantastic fight. Nobody takes prime Aldo down when he's fresh and even if you do manage to get a TD he's already starting the scramble before he eve hits the ground, obviously he wrecks Khabib standing, especially if we're talking about the version that still threw leg kicks.

There's a reason even 4 years ago Khabibs team turned this matchup down, and it clearly had nothing to do with them "not wanting to fight Featherweights".

Aldo is stylistically an absolute nightmare match up for Khabib but the size difference would definitely be an X factor.

Are we talking pre Khabibs improved striking and him just been a takedown machine? Because I'd go with Khabib.

Aldo could do some damage to Khabib early on, but just get gassed from defending too much in the later half of rounds.

P.s. BJ Penn' opponent during the public fight would smash Khabib.

Prime penn would school khabib.

Back