asics wrestling shoes

maravillin

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
should i go with a split sole or uni sole in the asics? any help is welcomed

should i go with a split sole or uni sole in the asics? any help is welcomed

It's a question of mobility versus stability. A unisole offers greater stability as the sole is cast in one piece. A lot of people prefer this if their favoured techniques are straight shots (singles or doubles etc).

Others prefer the mobility of a split sole, many who favour high amplitude throws or techniques requiring a lot of pivoting in a circular motion (such as many Greco techniques) prefer the split sole.

So it depends what you want? A more stable platform with less ability to rotate, or a more flexible platform that lets you perform more dynamic movements but with a little less stability? Either way Asics make great shoes, and it's more a question of preference, I'm sure either one will offer great protection and performance. Hope this helps.:icon_lol:

As a wrestler, i never noticed a difference. if youre planning on buying asics, then whichever style you get is more than likely gonna be top quality. i loved the cael v1, but they no longer make those. ='( and those were a single sole. i primarily threw people, so it could just be that i broke in the soles to get used to the way i wrestled.

get the cael v.4 or the gables or the rulons. theyre are all great shoes.!!

get the gables... as for the caels, since they dont make the v1s anymore, get either the v3 or v4s, theyre the same jus different style on the colors

It's a question of mobility versus stability. A unisole offers greater stability as the sole is cast in one piece. A lot of people prefer this if their favoured techniques are straight shots (singles or doubles etc).

Others prefer the mobility of a split sole, many who favour high amplitude throws or techniques requiring a lot of pivoting in a circular motion (such as many Greco techniques) prefer the split sole.

So it depends what you want? A more stable platform with less ability to rotate, or a more flexible platform that lets you perform more dynamic movements but with a little less stability? Either way Asics make great shoes, and it's more a question of preference, I'm sure either one will offer great protection and performance. Hope this helps.:icon_lol:

Good post m8,best desciption and explanation of that I have seen..

Back