Ashton Kutcher rolling with Craig Jones

I’m not full of it, if you can’t tell skills from Someone trying to break an arm bar defense by pulling with his 2 hands on the defenders biceps, you either blind or didn’t pay much attention to the move, it was not even the awful awkward arm bar transition from the back what was horrible (although that was pretty bad) how he was trying to break Craig’s defense is what gives away Ashtons skills.
Lol actually you are full of it. It looks like kutcher had a kimura grip and what failed was because craig got his arm under kutcher's leg.

The kimura grip is very effective to maintain control there until your legs are in place.

Beyond that it looks like a sloppy, fun mess-around roll. When you roll like that you are just trying to move around and do things that probably won't work but you just keep playing around. I'm sure if this was a competitive roll or if he knew thousands of internet warriors were going to demean him he would have taken it more seriously :rolleyes:

Maybe he does suck, maybe he's halfway decent. Who cares? But this very short video in this situation is not really a good way to determine how skilled he is.

Lol actually you are full of it. It looks like kutcher had a kimura grip and what failed was because craig got his arm under kutcher's leg.

The kimura grip is very effective to maintain control there until your legs are in place.

Beyond that it looks like a sloppy, fun mess-around roll. When you roll like that you are just trying to move around and do things that probably won't work but you just keep playing around. I'm sure if this was a competitive roll or if he knew thousands of internet warriors were going to demean him he would have taken it more seriously :rolleyes:

Maybe he does suck, maybe he's halfway decent. Who cares? But this very short video in this situation is not really a good way to determine how skilled he is.

a kimura grip with 2 hands on the bicep? Please explain how does that works? He never got the kimura grip, tour making shit up

Edit: just rewatched the sequence in case I was missing something, he goes for the arm with 2 hands on the biceps, then once in the ground, he keeps his left hand in Craig’s biceps and with his right arm, he’s clearly going for Craig’s forearm, palm up. That’s the epitome of a white belt arm bar defense break, not to mention his his chest is not glue or even close to Craig’s arm, you stop trying to break someone’s defense like that after 6 months into Bjj, and even if you are playing around your muscle memory wont allow you to do it.

Last edited:
nothing could be further than the truth. I'm not trying to be "the cool guy" or a dick, but it's obvious you don't train. I'm a 42 year old brown belt. been training for over 10 years. got my brown 3 years ago. and I'm telling you Ashton has blue belt talent at best. anyone who's been training for a few years would know this. Craig Jones is messing around and having fun. he's giving things up and playing with Ashton. going 20%. how do I know ashton is a blue belt? it's the position by position holes in basically every transition and position. anyone who's been training a while sees this clear as day. and it has nothing to do with Craig Jones. Craig is just a body going slow and having fun with him. which is also extremely obvious to any seasoned bjj practitioner.

@Dirty Holt doesn't train. You're joking.... right?

Why not if you can afford why do it just to see how rolling with a top level guy feels like?

because it wouldve been the absolute same to roll with any competent grappler, it wouldve been different craig was going to go 100%. then he wouldve said, ok, this is what a world class competitor feels like.

I finally watched this.

I'm gonna just go ahead and invoke the "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" card

There is nothing in the world that Kutcher could have done where if Craig thought "I don't want him to get a look at that" where Ashton would look good.

Notwitstanding that armbar, it wasn't downright terrible. The armbar I thought felt more like "Holy heck, how did I get here? I'm not supposed to be here" type of surprise when he got there so all technique went out the door. We've pretty much all been there

It’s hard to tell because he is rolling with a world class grappler. With that he still looked a little rigid and spastic in his movements for a brown belt to me.

I think we should harass and stalk Ashton Kusher just like the Maycee sisters.

Back