Ashton Kutcher rolling with Craig Jones

Bahaha.
That is what it is.
A brown belt via private classes.

did i say you? i said people who shit on kutcher for just training if he was out bragging talking shit then sure.. but dude hasnt done anything

but if u did do that then yeah it would indeed make you a bad person

I’m shitting on kushners skills, but I have nothing against him, my problem is with Rigan, as most people here, don’t know how come you can’t noticed that.

nothing could be further than the truth. I'm not trying to be "the cool guy" or a dick, but it's obvious you don't train. I'm a 42 year old brown belt.

Perhaps you could post video of yourself, a real legit brown belt, competing or training, so that I can see what a real one looks like. Surely if you have been training for ten years, there has to be plenty of footage of you competing and training. Wish I could say the same for myself

I’ve been in trt for a couple o years now and work with athletes with steroids for over a decade, I kind of know what I’m talking about. No steroids are not the fountaing of youth and do jack shit you don’t do things properly. No elite grappler is going to beat an elite grappler no matter how much testosterone you get in their body.

I agree it's not a fountain of youth but it's the closest thing that exists to it. And I also agree that say...a clean Demian Maia is going to kill an average black belt around the same size that's on a ton of gear, for example yes.

But if you had two identical clones with the same skill and experience at age 35-45 and one is on steroids and one isn't...obviously the guy on steroids is going to win, be better. That's not counting the ability to train and recover more too from that point on in the timeline.

There's a reason why the majority of football players use PEDs, and more specifically a lot of top BJJ players right now are using PEDs in some form. There's a lot of different forms of "steroids" too, some don't really add mass, some do, etc. I've never taking TRT or steroids so I respect your opinion more on that level as well, but from everything I've 'known' I clearly have to disagree and maintain that steroids/test/PEDs are a huge advantage.

I don't think I am. I think you wouldn't say this if you were in the same room as Holt. Hell, you wouldn't brag about your brownbelt if you were in the same room as damn near anyone here. I got my black in 2013, I can barely even remember what being a brown belt was like. Telling me you're a three year brown belt hobbyist is a waste of both our time.

the only mistake I made was posting what belt I am and being ignorant as to who Holt is. it came off disrespectful and for that I apologize. however, back to the point. the video. I stand by my words. I'm not wrong.

I agree it's not a fountain of youth but it's the closest thing that exists to it. And I also agree that say...a clean Demian Maia is going to kill an average black belt around the same size that's on a ton of gear, for example yes.

But if you had two identical clones with the same skill and experience at age 35-45 and one is on steroids and one isn't...obviously the guy on steroids is going to win, be better. That's not counting the ability to train and recover more too from that point on in the timeline.

There's a reason why the majority of football players use PEDs, and more specifically a lot of top BJJ players right now are using PEDs in some form. There's a lot of different forms of "steroids" too, some don't really add mass, some do, etc. I've never taking TRT or steroids so I respect your opinion more on that level as well, but from everything I've 'known' I clearly have to disagree and maintain that steroids/test/PEDs are a huge advantage.

of course, like I said, it does make a difference between 2 elite fighters, it makes absolutelty no difference between an elite fighter and some fighter thats not elite.

most steroids add muscle mass, if you are aming to gain muscle mass, some fewer than others, but you need to eat (do things properly) ir order to add muscle mass, if you are just shit dieting and hoping you will gain 10 kilos out of a 10 week cycle of whatever you may think you can get into your body (save for tren, still 10 kilos wont happen) you will find out that it is just not going to happen.

I’m shitting on kushners skills, but I have nothing against him, my problem is with Rigan, as most people here, don’t know how come you can’t noticed that.
nah it isnt his skills people r calling him a douche ect lol that isnt just shitting on his skills

roids make a huge dif theirs bunch guys i use t train with and when they would cycle they would legit double their strength it didnt make their bjj better but finishing them especially armlocks became very hard

Well, I guess some Gyms will do that...
Do you think peds are the fountains of youth or something t? Being 40 and being able to perform at the highest level has muuuuuch more to do with life style than anything..

That's all I'm saying. There's lots of brown belts that aren't going to light up the mundials especially post 40. I have low expectations of old upper belts. we've all seen it: Old and female BJJers get graded on a curve. I basically ignore belts on old people.

I do not think PED are the fountain of youth, but it's PED plus being born an elite athlete plus survivor bias all in one . Drawing blackjack every time. Plus years of competition training vs hobbyist training. It's not a good comparison. You can't compare hobbyist brown belt footage to those guys.

again it comes down to jealousy im sure they dont even realize it its sub conscious why else hate that hard on him if he post a vid or not the internet really brings out the evil side of people and shows most people generally are not good people

Jealousy? No. Anger that Rigan has sped up the decline of BJJ and devalued what a brown belt stands for? Yes.

I think we're finally exiting the black belt = ass kicking ability in BJJ land. Use to be if the guy was a black belt, he had the goods and you don't fuck with him.

Now, BJJ has gone the way of every other martial art and belts don't mean anything. How long before BJJ birthday parties? How long before complete TKDification?

Sort of a shame, sort of inevitable repeat of history.

roids make a huge dif theirs bunch guys i use t train with and when they would cycle they would legit double their strength it didnt make their bjj better but finishing them especially armlocks became very hard

you can’t double your strength that bs... a healthy cycle for an athlete could be 500mg test, in a bench press that will add 10 to 15 kilos tops...and no sane person is gong to add drol or tren while doing Bjj... it will suck the air out of your system...

Last edited:
People are making way too much out of this. You can't tell much about his skills from that one video.

To me what it looks most like is someone who rolls mostly in the gi, rolling no gi.

Does Kutcher look like a competitive brown belt? Not really. But anyone claiming they can tell his exact skill level from that video are full of it.

Jealousy? No. Anger that Rigan has sped up the decline of BJJ and devalued what a brown belt stands for? Yes.

I think we're finally exiting the black belt = ass kicking ability in BJJ land. Use to be if the guy was a black belt, he had the goods and you don't fuck with him.

Now, BJJ has gone the way of every other martial art and belts don't mean anything. How long before BJJ birthday parties? How long before complete TKDification?

Sort of a shame, sort of inevitable repeat of history.

Most people won't show their best side of them while trying to pass the guard. Even more if you're a gi guy against an elite leg locker like Craig.

Take most of the local brown belts in the world (like Ashton is) and they will look out of their element just Ashton did.

Maybe he has a crazy guard, maybe he's really good at passing with grips

People are making way too much out of this. You can't tell much about his skills from that one video.

To me what it looks most like is someone who rolls mostly in the gi, rolling no gi.

Does Kutcher look like a competitive brown belt? Not really. But anyone claiming they can tell his exact skill level from that video are full of it.

I’m not full of it, if you can’t tell skills from Someone trying to break an arm bar defense by pulling with his 2 hands on the defenders biceps, you either blind or didn’t pay much attention to the move, it was not even the awful awkward arm bar transition from the back what was horrible (although that was pretty bad) how he was trying to break Craig’s defense is what gives away Ashtons skills.

He's not a brown belt.

Yeah there's literally a purple belt on the floor in the video.......

And all ya'll keep going on about it not being brown belt level.

Maybe the video needs date and time stamps.

It's old.

Also I nearly choked on coffee going through my nose while laughing at the suggestion that it's "obvious Holt doesn't train."

Most people won't show their best side of them while trying to pass the guard. Even more if you're a gi guy against an elite leg locker like Craig.

Take most of the local brown belts in the world (like Ashton is) and they will look out of their element just Ashton did.

Maybe he has a crazy guard, maybe he's really good at passing with grips

Jesus, like Craig was trying to do something more Than just play around, yes most hobbies will look like crap if Craig really want them to do like crap, this was not the case

Now, BJJ has gone the way of every other martial art and belts don't mean anything.

So what? Isn't your competitive record a better and more accurate testament to your skills than a strip of color? Most martial arts have no real application for their nonsense, so the belts are the only way to evaluate skill.

In most places, a black belt in Judo means very little. Sign up up for the highest level judo tournament that you can get into, and report back on whether belts being "devalued" means fuck-all.

This is a damning indictment of Joe Rogan’s blackbelt btw.
Not at all. Joe rolled his ass off. He's a black belt in 10th Planet under Eddie Bravo and a black belt under JJ Machado in BJJ.

Joe was in Eddie's corner at ADCC 2003. Joe was a Tae Kwon Do world champion before anything related to celebrity and is a life long martial artist.

He doesn't roll much these days but Joe paid his dues big time and was on the mats all the time. I've never rolled with him but a lot of the 10p OGs talk about how frustrating he was to roll with. Supposedly he was a bull with the top game pressure passing and mount game. I've heard a lot about his arm triangles too.

Eddie Bravo doesn't hand out black belts. Getting a black belt directly from Eddie ain't easy. He could've given it to Joe way before he did but he wanted Joe to roll more and train more. So it took Joe longer to get it.

And all Machados aren't created equally. JJ is a beast and has really tough criteria and tough students.

Back