Ashley Madison numbers are hilarious...

they want the bbc but don't want to be labeled as whores, so they 'date' knowing ahead of time that it isn't going to be anything more then a bedroom experience. having it w/ a foreigner and online keeps it private and out of any gossip that would occur within their families, workplace, etc. lotta times women feel like they gotta 'catch up.' the foreign element makes it romantic to them in an effort to hide that what they're doing is essentially sex tourism. jamaica is pretty famous for it. possibly nigeria too.

Okay. So what's the deal on the other end?

The guys must be out for something.

We are not talking about good looking women, here.

Most specialty dating sites allow men and women to sign up but the men have to pay to be able to talk to the women. I bet 90% of the guys that signed up never ended up paying after realizing it took some $ to send messages. So in the end you have this huge ratio of men to women but the percentage of men that are actually able to talk to the women is very low compared to the overall numbers.

I'm sure the ratio was still bad but I doubt it was like 1000:1 as far as who could send messages back and forth went.

- 1,492 women had checked the messages in their Ashley Madison accounts. Two-thirds of the men had done so (20.3 million).

- 2,409 women had engaged in chat on Ashley Madison, compared to 11 million men, or about one-third of the men.

- 9,700 women replied to a message from an Ashley Madison member, while nearly six million men had done so.

Crazy, but engagement really does seem pretty close to 1000-1 when we're talking real people (the men wouldn't know this, of course, because they're talking to puppets and bots, it seems).

Source

I'm only half joking... I think it can be a legitimate and sometimes it does lead to something great. I know two great people that found each other on POF and have been married for two years. I always throw them shit about it. On the other hand, it lets people deal with Rejection on their own terms. Websites have just found a way to capitalize on people too afraid of meeting someone organically. Dating websites will breed people with balls directly out of existence. Mark my words...

Though, I never date... So, I guess this is a little bit of the pot calling the kettle black.

Just an observation really.

Finding happiness has nothing to do with having balls. I can't stand clubs which doesn't matter either way because I've work weekends for almost 2 decades now. My wife and I have been married for 5 years and have a 6 year old daughter. We are a happy, healthy family. We met online but not on any of the typical dating sites. To each his/her own.

Well... I'm probably giving away too much... but my wife isn't actually friends with them so much as she is the leader of a charitable organization and the women are members.

They're educated/professional women, though (nurses, social worker, physio therapists... plus there's my employee who is working her way through a degree).

Trouble is, it's not the least bit a 'safe choice.'

Two of them are in Guana right now, have been there for a day and a half, and my wife is freaking a little because no one can get in contact with them.

What I don't get is what's in it for the guys. The women really aren't exactly lookers (to say the least), which isn't everything, but let's be real, this is an online thing.

We're talking a selection of really top tier dudes (on screen, anyway). Professional athletes, PhD candidates, etc.

I feel certain there's a scam of some sort, but I can't put my finger on it. Green card? Cash scam? I dunno. Keeps falling through, and they just lather, rinse, repeat.

Double post

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... I'm probably giving away too much... but my wife isn't actually friends with them so much as she is the leader of a charitable organization and the women are members.

They're educated/professional women, though (nurses, social worker, physio therapists... plus there's my employee who is working her way through a degree).

Two of them are in Guana right now, have been there for a day and a half, and my wife is freaking a little because no one can get in contact with them.

What I don't get is what's in it for the guys. The women really aren't exactly lookers (to say the least), which isn't everything, but let's be real, this is an online thing.

We're talking a selection of really top tier dudes (on screen, anyway). Professional athletes, PhD candidates, etc.

I feel certain there's a scam of some sort, but I can't put my finger on it. Green card? Cash scam? I dunno. Keeps falling through, and they just lather, rinse, repeat.

They have limited options, probably a combination of personality and less than desirable looks/age. Only people with very limited options will default to a relationship fraught with such logistical and cultural challenges right out of the gate. Never known a stud athlete /Ph.D. to be reduced to pursuing women online a half a world away , I have known a couple of 40ish still live at home types to do it though. I'm guessing the nature of an online relationship also makes it easier for people with difficult personalities to hide their shortcomings while establishing some sort of connection.

- 1,492 women had checked the messages in their Ashley Madison accounts. Two-thirds of the men had done so (20.3 million).

- 2,409 women had engaged in chat on Ashley Madison, compared to 11 million men, or about one-third of the men.

- 9,700 women replied to a message from an Ashley Madison member, while nearly six million men had done so.

Crazy, but engagement really does seem pretty close to 1000-1 when we're talking real people (the men wouldn't know this, of course, because they're talking to puppets and bots, it seems).

Source
So do you think the average female member was actually interacting with thousands of men? Because they would have to for the numbers to hold true. Unless the men were talking to each other.

Those numbers are very fishy to me.

EDIT: Those numbers would make sense if most females were actually employees phishing for more money.

So do you think the average female member was actually interacting with thousands of men? Because they would have to for the numbers to hold true. Unless the men were talking to each other.

Those numbers are very fishy to me.

EDIT: Those numbers would make sense if most females were actually employees phishing for more money.

Yeah. That seems to be the implication. There are bot profiles that send out tons of emails, etc, but then never follow up and check their own messages for responses or do anything a real human would do if they were actually interested in finding any sort of partner.

These men probably knew they were jerking it with other men pretending to be women though

Lolololololol.

The whole idea that there are men that pretend to be chicks on the Internet is just so bizarre. Men didn't have to put up with that bullshit back in Braveheart's time.

Sick fucks.

By Guana do you mean:

Guyana
French Guyana
Ghana
Guinea
Guinea Bissau
Eq. Guinea

they want the bbc but don't want to be labeled as whores, so they 'date' knowing ahead of time that it isn't going to be anything more then a bedroom experience. having it w/ a foreigner and online keeps it private and out of any gossip that would occur within their families, workplace, etc. lotta times women feel like they gotta 'catch up.' the foreign element makes it romantic to them in an effort to hide that what they're doing is essentially sex tourism. jamaica is pretty famous for it. possibly nigeria too.

True story. 2 of my buds and I went to Dominican Republic to an all inclusive between high school and starting University.

As we departed the plane in Dominican onto the tarmac a lady was walking down the steps of another plane and being greeted by 3 young Dominican men. She had her arms raised as to say 'greet me' or 'I'm home' and the men were fawning over her.

The porter helping us said she was known as Queenie. She would come to the island 3-4 times a year and always have 3-4 guys rotating who 'took care of her' and she treated them well buying them lots of gifts. she was about 60 years old and quite over weight. The young men were all buff and good looking.

Back